Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Frozen turkey, Igloo break room 11/18 to11/24

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 10:42 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Frozen turkey, Igloo break room 11/18 to11/24

Well, that didn't last long. The dragon got cold and started a fire. Melted the whole place down. At least the turkey got cooked. Warm, windy, and rainy is the current situation up north. Probably not going to get a white Christmas, just an icy one.
Old 11-18-2018, 02:39 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey man, maybe not so bad after all. We can start afresh. What happened to the dragon - - don't see it/her/him around. I put up a tent and put on coffee and ph00. Also brought some baked banana French toast. Enjoy.

Bob

…..…………….…………..ph00...………..yawhoo.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:58 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. The tent is freeeeeezing and so is the food and coffee. Not going to hang around here. Going to find a warm place and hot coffee. Ciao.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. The tent is freeeeeezing and so is the food and coffee. Not going to hang around here.
Going to find a warm place and hot coffee. Ciao.
Poor baby. Couldn't stand the cold. Didn't notice the coffee pot was working and on. Didn't notice where, or where not, the craze dragon is and did not
indulge in the luscious baked French toast my wife made for us. ……………..

New day - - no one got into the coffee and ph00 so left them. Unplugged the pots so plug them back in. French toast is in the fridge - - warm it up in the micro.
Me? I am off on another ridiculous day. So glad when I catch up. ……………….………...Phoo,,,,,,,,,,,,

Old 11-19-2018, 05:23 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
Well, that didn't last long. The dragon got cold and started a fire. Melted the whole place down. At least the turkey got cooked. Warm, windy, and rainy is the current situation up north. Probably not going to get a white Christmas, just an icy one.
icy Christmas, or Stan's 80* Christmas? I'll take the icy Christmas for $300, Alex.

Hey Cougar. You cooking up a hot Thanksgiving meal for the crackhead family kids next door, with no plumbing? Might make a new friend or two...

Where are the cininimminimmummn buns? Looks like Stan stole them on the way out.
Guess I'll have to settle for crumbs, Nancy...

Another day of siding repair. Gotta get the carriage lamps back up. Don't want the wife falling off the stoop, as the squirrels will chomp her earrings off as she lie there.

Asta-la-bistro, Jack. See ya at The Regal Beagle. Make sure Crissy wears that tight sweater I'm fond of.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:05 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Good morning from a cool and warm Paradise. Lately the mornings have been a bit cool, but an hour after the sun comes up it is really nice outside and very comfortable out in shorts. NJYman, we do not get 80* weather here at Christmas. More like 70 - 75* and very nice. Even in the summer it seldom goes much above 80* on a hot day. Very moderate temps here, which I why I enjoy the place.

Plugged the pots in per Bob's instructions, but not going to wait for them to warm up. Too much to do. Maybe I have BusyBob's problem?

Got fed up with my cramped little workshop and tools on top of tools in a too small a toolbox, (a big old Snap On cabinet) so last Friday went out and bought a new 9 drawer 46" long toolbox/work table. This means completely rearranging the shop and now placing my tools in two tool boxes. Already can't remember what drawers I put some tools in. Made some shelf brackets out of some angle iron from an old bed. That is strange material. Very hard, does not like to be drilled, almost like stainless and snaps when bent too often. Quite strong when left straight. It welds OK.

What is happening to the weather? The trees at this time of year are supposed to be shedding leaves, but many trees around here have lots of new leaves. Even the Ficus tree inside my house now has new leaves. Global warming? Global cooling? Or what?????????????

Time to go out and get busy. Ciao.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:29 AM

Just received something from a friend and as this is Thanksgiving time, thought that it would be good to share it with you and remind you American's of the wonderful country you live in. Hopefully your politicians will not continue to destroy it. This video has been around for a while, so some of you will have seen it already, but it is good to view it again.

Old 11-19-2018, 09:59 AM

Ah, iced coffee. Perfect thing to go with the rocky road ice cream. Got a post card from the dragon, Greetings from sunny Florida !
Braving the icy roads to reclaim my winter tires for the 2nd gen and find someone to install them for me. While I'm in the big city I'm going to check out the sporting goods and pawn shops.
Old 11-19-2018, 04:21 PM

Ah, iced coffee. Perfect thing to go with the rocky road ice cream. Got a post card from the dragon, Greetings from sunny Florida
GGGRRRRR - - -what is with that twirp - - - I told him to not tell anyone I brought him home with me. He's out at the beach with the
wife - - just wait until he gets home - - we will have a talk. Might even make him sleep on the floor in the shower tonight instead
of in the bed. Or maybe on the raft in the swimming pool. He is scared to death of the pool. ……….

Warmed up some ph00, grabbed another helping of baked banana French toast - - put maple syrup on it - - ummmm good.

L8R
Old 11-20-2018, 10:21 AM

Cold, clear, and back into the teens for a few days. Thought I'd rebuild the igloo for the Thanksgiving party. Break out the Herman-Nelson for the wimps among us. Wife has started working on the feast this morning. Should turn out to be a nice spread.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:50 PM

Just heard my employer is not renewing the lease on the hangar. Which means well, um, crap. I just got laid off. Reduction in work force they call it. I have until the end of the year to clear out my personal stuff and everything else from the hangar.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:25 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Just heard my employer is not renewing the lease on the hangar. Which means well, um, crap. I just got laid off. Reduction in work force they call it. I have until the end of the year to clear out my personal stuff and everything else from the hangar.
Well that sucks.

Any work lined up ? Any leads ?

Merry Christmas to you. My wife had the exact same fate back some 12 years ago.

Here's your check, and BTW... Don't come back. We don't need you anymore... and Merry Christmas tomorrow.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:42 AM

Just heard my employer is not renewing the lease on the hangar. Which means well, um, crap. I just got laid off. Reduction
in work force they call it. I have until the end of the year to clear out my personal stuff and everything else from the hangar.
Coug - - - that certainly is not a nice Merry Christmas. Sorry about that and hoping for a quick turnaround into another good job.

Heading out to see how the dragon made out on the raft in the pool. Got some more work on the gutter to do this morning. Then the landscape
lighting needs some attention - notice two bulbs out and cut back some plants a bit to create more path for the light to get thru - - little dark on the
house. Having the daughter come for turkey tomorrow. She has been pushed in her business. Seems to be a good thing - - she is starting to
perk up from her problems and loss of her husband and getting her personality back. Been tough on her - - quite a shock - - not expected at all.

OK, fresh ph00 and coffee on, but did not have time to get something other than stole some chocolate chip cookies the blonde just
made - - on the counter.

Don't look for the dragon - - still here with me -- loves the warmer weather and the lanai, but hates the pool. DUH

……………...………….ME GONE
Old 11-21-2018, 07:00 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings
Coug, sorry to read this. When one door closes...kick another one open.
I’m doing the same here by my own choice though.
All the signs are there for a change.

It was 1F in Minnesota yesterday.
Its 20F here this AM aiming for mid thirties.

Stay warm
or cool like the 🐉
Old 11-21-2018, 11:19 AM

Been expecting it for a long time really when the big merger happened. Surprised it took this long. I predict the rest of the Anchorage office personnel will follow shortly and everything will be handled out of the Portland office. That won't go over well with our local clientele. Though I have a lot of experience and knowledge to bring to the table, my age, health, and physical limitations make me less desirable in the market place. I've been thinking of a less physical career change anyway.
Freezing fog yesterday and last night has made for very slick roads.

Quick Reply: Frozen turkey, Igloo break room 11/18 to11/24