Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Fresh August Breakroom 8/6 to 8/12 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/fresh-august-breakroom-8-6-8-12-a-328628/)

cougar 08-06-2017 10:39 AM

Fresh August Breakroom 8/6 to 8/12

The dragon and I gave the place a good cleaning. It was smelling and looking like a collage frat house.
Breakfast catered by IHOP, coffee by yours truly.
A warm start to a new week, more 70°'s then cooling off to rain mid week.
Suffering some anxiety not know where my future is headed now.

Scotty 08-06-2017 01:09 PM

I sure do understand where you're coming from Cougar.
its not easy to slow the thinking.
I would suggest you set a few traps in the break room for unsuspecting folk like Stanadian and BobbyDependable. They like flying sofas and flickering lights.

Hope you get some Peace of Mind.

Mexstan 08-06-2017 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty (Post 3332423)
I would suggest you set a few traps in the break room for unsuspecting folk like Stanadian and BobbyDependable. They like flying sofas and flickering lights.

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Be nice!!!!!!!!!!:(

Coug, things do not sound like much fun for you lately. Hope something turns the corner for you soon and your world improves.

Not sure if I should be coming around here much any more, too many sickos and then there is Lary itching for target practice. Somehow this place just does not seem that safe any more.

FiverBob 08-06-2017 06:09 PM

Something inside said "don't go in the breakroom today." Soooo, I just had to see if someone put on some ph00 - Soooooo I put on my stilts and came in. Oh my goodness -- dragon had run into some kind of traps and had them trapped on his toes - - he was in agony. Soooooo, I removed them and bandaged up the wounds. He hugged me. Sooooo sweet. I grabbed a broom and swept the other traps out into the fireplace and lit them on fire. What sort of weird thinking is that for someone to try and hurt the dragon. ...............[dummy].....................:o.................I am sure one of our gang would never do something like that. RIGHT??????

Didn't catch any ph00 made, so grabbed a small cup of that other kinda coffee - - the bad kind. ...............Thanks Coug, and hang in there, buddy. It will change. Gotta run - - still car shopping for my granddaughter. Ran thru literally thousands of ads today. Crosseyed.

L8R

Ol-dodge 1992 08-06-2017 06:14 PM

Don't seem to be anyone in here but the regulars... sooooo I'll be to new guy and not say much but just listen and learn

Probably learn more from the dragon than anything else...

WHO made the COFFEE?? Maybe I'll teach the dragon to!!

Ol-dodge1992 or SD

md-rebel 08-06-2017 09:51 PM

Been away for a LONG time. Stuck my head in for some coffee, thanks Cougar. Got busy with work, got dumped from work in Nov 2014. Gave up looking in Mar 2016, reaching 64, they all want the younger cheaper guys, so i'm retired. Busy being a Poppop to 4 grandkids, bought a fiver, my TT needed too much work. Also got a seasonal site and head up there but haven't traveled yet wife still working. Needing info will post in Towing and Performance. I'll stop by for bfast tomorrow. Thanks

Mexstan 08-07-2017 05:13 AM

Good morning from a soggy Paradise. Boy, did we get dumped on last night! Around sunset the clouds rolled in and the noisy light show started. At 21:00 the entire area lost power until around 03:00 this morning. We have lot of skylights and windows on my house which really brilliantly shows up the lightening when there are no outside lights to affect the show. Even laying in bed with my eyes closed I could clearly see the bright light from the continuous lightening. I enjoy going to bed and hearing the noisy rain on the skylights. All noise is vibration. My house is all concrete, but it still got vibrated a few times last night.

Down here it is quite common to have a drastic change in the weather in the late afternoon. Yesterday morning I was out with my wife and she commented that the sky almost looked fake due to the brilliant blue sky and the few extra white clouds in the distance. It stayed like that for most of the day. The sun was hot, but the shade was fantastic. Low humidity as usual, although with the rain it has been up a bit lately.

Coffee and ph00 are ready. Once again made with fresh rainwater. After all the rain we had, I am positive that there is no acid in that. Healthy stuff on the counter for your eating pleasure. Start with the raw nopales. Sprinkle a bit of salt on them and crunch away. Don't know what this is? Check out https://www.organicfacts.net/health-...e/nopales.html. Also a variety of cut up fresh fruit in the fridge.

Still fighting with the airbag light in my truck. Replaced the clock spring, but the light stays on. It goes out once in a while for a few seconds while driving , but then comes back on again. Occasionally there are a few dings, but they never last long. Will have another go at fixing this today.

Nice to see a couple of new/old faces how up in the breakroom. Welcome, take your shoes off and stay awhile. Wait, on second thoughts, keep your shoes on as here in the breakroom as you never know what could be on the floor. [coffee] [laugh] There are times that high rubber boots would be more appropriate, but had better stop right here. [guitar]

Lots to do today as usual, so had better go and get my act together. After another cup of coffee.

Ciao.

md-rebel 08-07-2017 05:52 AM

Thanks coffee sounds good. Cloudy rainy here, 1-4" of rain today....later

j_martin 08-07-2017 08:41 AM

Anybody making plans to view the solar eclipse on Aug 21?

FiverBob 08-07-2017 11:41 AM

Morning all - - uuuhhh, I mean afternoon. Wow, where did the morning go - - been going hard since 6am -- - thought is was about 10am. NOT. So, grab some of Stan's ph00 and see how hot his nopales are - - - hmmm, very good.
.................[coffee]...................goes well with the ph00.

Worked all morning tweaking my irrigation system - - been a while. Replace two heads and adjusted - - much better coverage.

Originally Posted by j_martin (Post 3332473)
Anybody making plans to view the solar eclipse on Aug 21?

My brother in law will be driving some 300 miles to see it. Taking grandson along - - has the special glasses for the event.

The blonde is hollering for some help - - better go.

L8R

Ol-dodge 1992 08-07-2017 06:01 PM

The eclipse all depends on the weather... I'm far enough out of town that traffic lighting and the glow of "town" does not bother night sky views... the kidos and I have seen some amazing meteor showers... and can often spot and follow satellites... but when cloudy forget it

So we will see how the daytime skies are ... maybe so

j_martin 08-07-2017 07:19 PM

I'm thinking I'd like to be in the country East of Casper on that day.

Scotty 08-08-2017 05:48 AM

Full spread of meats and breads are good to go.
several juices, allturd phoo goo Fore ewe no hoo.

Dragon helped prep.

[coffee]

FiverBob 08-08-2017 07:13 AM

MMMMMM yummy. Ya did good, Scotty. Some juice, some ph00 - - - great start for the day. Thanks.

Stan - - looks like some beautiful weather is heading just south of you and may spill over. Buckle in and hope the plants get a good watering. Mountains should slow it down from being too nasty, pending where it comes in.

Another car search day. Amazing the number of "not very old" cars out there with 100,000 plus miles on them. Hard to find something at a decent price and condition with less than 100K. Will keep pushing along.

Y'all have a great day.........................[coffee].............................[laugh]

Mexstan 08-08-2017 08:39 AM

Scotty, you need help! [guitar]

Bob, almost every day down here is great and some days just cannot be improved on. Every day except for maybe 6 days a year, the year around is a shorts day. The mountains protect us from the really bad weather, plus this city is between earthquake zones. This morning dawned a tiny bit cool at 16C and a few clouds. As I type this at 08:35 we have about a 90% blue sky and a temperature of 23C and climbing fast. Expect to hit about 30C by mid afternoon. Maybe some showers tonight. Welcome to Paradise where right now everything is very green due to it being the rainy season.