Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

End of July breakroom, July 30 - Aug 5, 2017

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 08:16 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
End of July breakroom, July 30 - Aug 5, 2017

Good morning from Paradise. Going from very nice weather down here to fantastic weather. Not a cloud in the sky so far today, but as it is still the rainy season, it could cloud over by late afternoon and maybe even provide a few short local showers. Love this weather.

Where is everybody? C'mon you old timers and you newbies, git yer lazy butts in here and become part of the DTR family! Poke fun at the members and be prepared to have fun poked at you too. Don't get insulted when you get insulted here as it is all in good fun. Phresh ph00 and Mexican coffee is ready. An assortment of stomach filling pastes is on the counter. None of them have a lot of bite to them … weeellll, OK maybe one or two may have a bit too much chili in them for your sophisticated stomachs. Most of you have no idea what a Mexican paste is, so here is where I buy mine and the ones that are on the counter; http://www.pasteskikos.com/?cat=6

Yesterday was in my local body shop and was surprised to see not one, but two Tesla's there. They were using one with a badly destroyed rear for parts to fix another one with not too bad damage on the front. Just did not expect to see a Tesla here in Mexico and so far from the US border. A few months ago also saw a Ram SRT-10 with the Viper engine in the same shop. It was badly torn up on the front, but that shop fixed it. To you American's and Canadian's who are used to big, fancy shops, this is a hole in the wall shop and would not take your vehicle there, but have taken body work to them for many years and they do amazing work for an excellent price. No, they do NOT use much Bondo! Their paint jobs look better than factory, and they use top quality paints, mostly PPG.

Last Monday was in a Walmart owned restaurant chain here in Mexico for lunch with my wife and my credit card was refused. Very strange as I know that the card is good. When I got home I checked my bank account online and could immediately see the problem. There were 4 purchases there, all within a couple of minutes of one another from a company in California that sells computer games. My bank had immediately detected this a fraudulent and blocked the card. Called my bank about this and asked them what time these purchases were made. Turns out that they were done within 4 minutes of my card being refused. Something sure smells here as I had not used this card anywhere else for almost a week! Cloned card? Anyway, the bank deleted the purchases and issued a new card. This was on Monday afternoon. On Thursday afternoon I had the new credit card in my hand. That is what I call service! My bank is in Canada while I live in central Mexico.

Going outside to sit in my swing with a fresh cup of coffee and a big bowl of fruit to enjoy this fantastic weather. Hope that y'all have a great day too. Go to church and give thanks for your many blessings.

Adios.
Old 07-30-2017, 01:45 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Ya did good, Stanaman - - - grabbed a ph00 and found a very mild pastry. Thanks.

Interesting - - we were talking about card ID being stolen around the lunch table after church a few minutes ago. Our friends had a card call them last week with a couple questionable purchases. Yep, they were right on - - charged the business back on them and killed their card. Sent them a new card in 2 days. We had it three weeks ago on two cards within two days. We could nail down the place we used the cards because we hardly ever use the one card and had only used it in one place as well as the other card. New card arrived in three days. Rotten how people try to get your money without working for it.

Gotta run - - - L8R
Old 07-30-2017, 03:36 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Just returned from pigging out at lunch. Not only can't the weather be improved upon today, but my entire day in general has been fantastic. Just to make you Mexican food lovers jealous, had lunch at a restaurant very close to where I live that is part of a chain. We go there once or twice a month. Gave a link to their main page, but also gave a link to an English page that should make you hungry - and jealous. US$15 total for two of us and that includes drinks. Are you getting the idea of why I enjoy living in Mexico?

Check out:

Porque el taco es el taco - TACOS EL PATA

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...ulf_Coast.html

Oink, oink!
Old 07-31-2017, 10:12 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I stop in for a cup and see I missed a great lunch.....oh well fresh pot on for the night shift and a box of donuts on the counter.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:43 AM

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,576 Posts
Good morning DTR.
I brought in some apple fritters in as you guys seem to like them as much as me.
The weather has been really nice here the past two weeks after a super rainy start to the summer.
Coffee and hot water for the tea is out. I even brought in the asphalt flavored tea bags Lary likes.
Having a tea with a shot of 1/2 and 1/2 and maple syrup with the dragon and then I am out.
Have a good day all.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:40 AM
Admin Team Leader

Thanks for the tea and fritters Ollie! really hits the spot
Old 08-01-2017, 09:45 AM

APPLE FRITTERS - - - YAAHHHHH!!!!!!..............

Put the ph00 pot on so I could really enjoy it.

Had an interesting day yesterday. Had a low in the gulf suddenly blossom to a "named" storm (Emily) overnight yesterday. Wake up to blowing and warnings and stuff flying. No time for preparing. Several thousand without power and trees down, roofs off, one large commercial steel building blown to pieces. Thank goodness the center came in about 15 miles north of us. Fun. Yard got a good watering, anyhow.

Grabbing my ph00 and fritters and hit the road - - gotta go check some properties and run out to the ranch. Minor stuff blown around out there and daughter can't handle all that by herself. Bummer.

Have a good one........................
Old 08-01-2017, 04:19 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Stoop in for or a cup. Hope all is well with the Southern folk.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:01 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by sherod
Stoop in for or a cup. Hope all is well with the Southern folk.
When you start stooping all the time it is time for a VACATION! Get some rest man so you can stand up straight

Take the rest of the week off Scotty and I will cover for you
Old 08-02-2017, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
When you start stooping all the time it is time for a VACATION! Get some rest man so you can stand up straight

Take the rest of the week off Scotty and I will cover for you
Hey, wake up. Scooty takes every week off. Time for him to rise and shine................

Fresh ph00 and coffee ready, and some ice tea for those in the hot zones which seems to be spreading. GRRRR Also left some Baked French Toast with maple syrup in the oven to keep it warm - - try some, you will love it.

Me gone.............................
Old 08-02-2017, 01:16 PM

Just a quick stoop to see if anything is happening. Hey sherod, do you feel picked on?

Hard to believe how gorgeous the weather has been for the last week or so. Love it.

Hey BusyBob, are you bored yet?

Been very busy all morning, but methinks that I have done enough damage for the day and that it is time to go and wash the sweat off and be smelling nice and sweet for when my wife returns from her weekly grocery run. The local grocery chain every Wednesday has good discounts on food.

Not sure, but think that Scooty took off on some sort of rescue mission and he has not been heard from for over a week now.

L8tr. Maybe. Or maybe not.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:41 PM
Admin Team Leader

Good Evening Ladies and Germs!

Fresh Phoo and Coffee for those stopping by....cold beer in the ice chest for those stooping by you guys need it!

Just got back from the range trying out some new loads for my Winter carry weapon a 1911 Gold Cup National Match and some new loads for my old M9 Berreta 9mm.

First Photo is 15 yard draw from concealed carry and fire one round as quickly and accurately as possible using the trusty old M9.....as you can see after firing the one round I was afraid to try again as it would likely spoil the target

Then I moved on to the .45 ....again 15 yards, draw from concealed carry and fire full mag at head.

Now that I was warmed up time to do it again this time a shot I like to call "The Nutcracker"

I can't shoot close to what I did as a younger man but I can still get the job done if the need arises
Attached Thumbnails End of July breakroom, July 30 - Aug 5, 2017-shot3.jpg   End of July breakroom, July 30 - Aug 5, 2017-shot2.jpg   End of July breakroom, July 30 - Aug 5, 2017-shot1.jpg  
Old 08-03-2017, 05:17 PM

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,576 Posts
It has been a little quite around here after Lary showed of his Nutcracker moves.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:28 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by oliver foster
It has been a little quite around here after Lary showed of his Nutcracker moves.
If you don't terrify people a little bit.....what's the point?

Never know when the only clear shot you have is the lower body, pays to be prepared
The following users liked this post:
oliver foster (08-04-2017)
Old 08-03-2017, 11:04 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
The southwest has been getting hammered by humidity and rain from Mexico lately.

Quick Reply: End of July breakroom, July 30 - Aug 5, 2017