Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Fresh August Breakroom 8/6 to 8/12

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 07:11 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from a dry Paradise. As expected, Franklin petered out, just like all then other hurricanes have done over the years. That big mountain range to the east of me does a very good job of shielding us from the major storms coming in from the sea. Mind you, we do sometimes still get dumped on with some quite bad localized flooding, but that has nothing to do with hurricanes, just normal tropical storms. Yesterday we hardly had any wind, but the sky was unusually clouded over. A bit of drizzle now and then, but the rain was hardly measurable. Needed to leave my lawn sprinklers on last night because everything was so dry. Most of the clouds have rolled away and so far today it looks like another beautiful day starting.

Tim Hortons coffee is hot and fresh. No idea what brand the ph00 is as it came from a rusty can with just the word “ph00' scrawled on it. Spanish omelette in the pan. The half on the left has lots of chili's and therefore is delicious. The half on the right only has a touch of chili for those with delicate stomachs. Not my fault if someone rotates the pan.

Scotty, good luck re your reconstruction stuff. Does not sound like much fun.

Got lots to do today, but am feeling lazy, but at least will go and chop a piece off that shelf that I put up because the corner hit me on the head again yesterday. Lary, only you can twist things like you did.

L8tr.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:36 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
. Lary, only you can twist things like you did.
Just looking out for my buddy

Great coffee!....anybody see where my can of redworms went? I was going fishing today and I left them in a old can marked "phOO'
Old 08-11-2017, 08:45 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Chewy Phooey with an Earthy tone to it. BobbyDependable will love it.
might need to run it thru the blender on frappè.

leave the lid off the blender.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:44 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Old 08-11-2017, 10:20 AM

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
Thanks for the Timmy's!!!

Excellent way to start the day ... I'm late today as we got back from city around 1:30 this morning... breakfast and bible then couple coats of ploy on the table and bench I built the wifey and finish the swing set side of the play fort for kidos!!!

SD
Old 08-11-2017, 10:30 AM
Admin Team Leader

I guess it must be selfie day....so here ya go Scotty!

Old 08-11-2017, 11:42 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
I think I'll avoid the coffee today.
Doctor is moving things up and the company is pushing back. I'm in the middle.
Back to cold rainy weather with the possibility of termination dust on the hills locally. Snow up north will shut down our north slope operations for the season.
Never knew a dragon would have so much fun with a peacock feather.
Old 08-11-2017, 12:43 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
I guess it must be selfie day....so here ya go Scotty!

How did u know it was me?
Old 08-11-2017, 02:02 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Scotty
How did u know it was me?
Simple deduction my dear Watson.......

It wasn't tall enough to be FiverBob....not large enough to cover the knots on Stans head....and the shoulders were too wide to be Cougar
Old 08-11-2017, 09:29 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
ROFL Thank you and good night.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:27 AM
Admin Team Leader

Good Morning Folks! Fresh coffee and Phoo ready for you! Breakfast is being catered by Cracker Barrel this morning come and get your favorites!
Old 08-12-2017, 07:07 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Cracker Barrel - I'm in! Will pass on the breakroom coffee (it did strange things to some members yesterday) and just go for lots of CB coffee.

Good morning from Paradise. A beautiful looking morning is dawning down here. Love this time of day when I look out and see the pink and orange glow on the horizon and the beginning of a brilliant blue sky.

Not sure what my wife is planning to do this morning, but had better get ready for whatever. But first, more coffee and grub. Buuurrrp. Oops, sorry.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:33 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Cracker Barrel - I'm in! Will pass on the breakroom coffee (it did strange things to some members yesterday) and just go for lots of CB coffee.
Stan - - ran tests on both blends - - seemed to pass OK today. So, will chance it again.

....................................hmmmm, tastes OK. No burn. Not shaking in my slippers.

Pass on the breakfast - - - well, maybe some blueberry pancakes - - yeh, that's it. Thanks.

Me gone.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Stan - - ran tests on both blends - - seemed to pass OK today. So, will chance it again.

....................................hmmmm, tastes OK. No burn. Not shaking in my slippers.

Maybe it's safe for now because Scotty has not shown up yet. You know how much he enjoys "fiddling" with the breakroom coffee. Don't really trust his (evil) twin either.

Sun is up and shining brightly. Just came in for another coffee after sitting on the swing on my terrace and watching all the birds having breakfast. Life is very good and I am counting my many blessings. Some of the DTR members "inspire" me, so maybe that is a blessing too?
Old 08-12-2017, 09:53 AM

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
Morning chaps... late night last night with my oldest looking for meteors ... saw a couple of bright fireball type over about 30 min period and s few other fainter ones

Biscuits and gravy! Two sausage links ! And two eggs sunny side up! LOVE big breakfast on Saturday and there are no Cracker Barrels in Canada... coffee tastes funny... should of brought in my Tim Horton stuff ... but then who knows what may happen with you guys

Is the dragon supposed to help himself to all the blackberry jelly in his grits?

Quick Reply: Fresh August Breakroom 8/6 to 8/12