Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Former LAPD Officer Has Cops Across California on Edge as Targets

Old 02-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
Former LAPD Officer Has Cops Across California on Edge as Targets

This could only happen in Hollywierd CA.

Woke up this morning to all kinds of commotion going on in our neighborhood and on the news.

A former Los Angeles police officer and Navy reservist, Dorner released an online manifesto before the shooting saying that he was targeting law enforcement and would be hard to capture because of his knowledge of police tactics.

The fired California cop went to a yacht club near San Diego overnight where police say he attempted to steal a boat and flee to Mexico.

He aborted the attempted theft when the boat's propeller became entangled in a rope, law enforcement officials said. It was at that point he is believed to have headed to Riverside, where he allegedly shot two police officers.

"He pointed a handgun at the victim [at the yacht club] and demanded the boat," Lt. David Rohowits of the San Diego Police Department said.

Police say the rifle marksman shot at four officers in two incidents overnight, hitting three of them: one in Corona, Calif., and the two in Riverside, Calif.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/christopher...ry?id=18427632

Right now they think he is held up in the small mountain resort of Big Bear.

And then,
Women delivering newspapers in Torrance shot in manhunt for ex-cop.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...omen-shot.html

Photo: A pickup truck is riddled with bullets after officers opened fire in Torrance on Tuesday morning, wounding two women who were delivering newspapers. The women's vehicle is similar to the one suspect Christopher Jordan Dorner is believed to be driving. Credit: Wally Skalij / Los Angeles Times

Looks like the storyline for another dumb movie.

It is a crazy world we live in.

Jim
Old 02-07-2013, 06:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just saw all of this on the news you are correct about hollyweird, sure seems to me that some leo's out there are either trigger happy or really scared of this guy. The shooting up of those women in the pickup delivering newspaper's is let's just say some very poor judgement.

I have nothing against leo's in general, but like all other groups they have some bad ones. I can already hear that jack Piers Moron and the rest of the nobama wack jobs saying now NOBODY should have any guns

Watch your backside and stay safe out there Jim + other fellow members i do not want to see any of you on the news.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:39 PM
Administrator

Not surprising, this was the LAPD
Old 02-07-2013, 08:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The women's vehicle is similar to the one suspect Christopher Jordan Dorner is believed to be driving
I guess no one gave any thought to the fact that Toyota, with all the wisdom of the people who've been running the company at a profit for so many years, might build two trucks of the same model, cab configuration, and color.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:37 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Perhaps they should just quickly pass a new law and BAN him..... that's the Democratic way to make the problem disappear...... right?

Originally Posted by Jim Lane
Photo: A pickup truck is riddled with bullets after officers opened fire in Torrance on Tuesday morning, wounding two women who were delivering newspapers. The women's vehicle is similar to the one suspect Christopher Jordan Dorner is believed to be driving. Credit: Wally Skalij / Los Angeles Times
Can you imagine the stink that would be raised if a common citizen just opened fire on a couple of civilians on a "Hunch"?
Old 02-07-2013, 09:14 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Thursday, Feb. 7: At around 1:30 a.m. in the Riverside County community of Corona, Calif., two LAPD officers assigned to protect a person named in the manifesto chase a vehicle they believe is Dorner's. During a shootout, one officer is grazed in the forehead. The gunman flees.

A short time later, a gunman believed to be Dorner ambushes two Riverside police officers who had stopped at a red light during a routine patrol. One officer is killed and the other critically injured. These officers are not actively looking for Dorner, merely on routine patrol, stopped at a traffic light.

Three hours later, LAPD officers guarding a manifesto target in the Los Angeles suburb of Torrance, Calif., open fire on a truck they mistakenly believe to be Dorner's. Two women are wounded.
The truck is the same color, year, make and model as Donner's and is observed driving towards the officers with NO LIGHTS on ( as described by NON_LEO WITNESSES)
info gathered from PoliceOne website and CBS..

Sorry guys, I truly believe I would have made the same mistake in that situation.. and I also truly believe those officers will not be on the job much longer.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:03 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
The truck is the same color, year, make and model as Donner's and is observed driving towards the officers with NO LIGHTS on ( as described by NON_LEO WITNESSES)
info gathered from PoliceOne website and CBS..
I agree with ya it'd be hard not to shoot at that truck driving towards you...but all the holes I see are in the back?
Old 02-08-2013, 07:45 AM
Administrator

There is alot more going on than LAPD wants us to know about.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:55 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by gorms
I agree with ya it'd be hard not to shoot at that truck driving towards you...but all the holes I see are in the back?
There ya go, thinkin' again.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:39 PM

You cannot use logic we are talking about LA and holleyweird

Anything new out there today Jim ?
Old 02-08-2013, 05:06 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
OBVIOUSLY .......... the truck was backing up............
Old 02-08-2013, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wasn't The LAPD supposed to have been "reformed" in around '93 or so?Under Daryl Gates they had quite a reputation as cowboys,9500 strong.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:24 PM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
Lived in Big Bear for 3 winters. Its the mountain getaway for LA. Not surprised he headed up there, lots of retired people, bad weather, etc.

Only 3 ways out. Down the front, down the back, or out to the high desert and Apple Valley.

Front and back are really steep and treacherous. The road to AV isn't too bad and opens up into some desolate sparsly covered desert terrain.

Be interesting to see if/where he holes up...there are a lot of vacation/summer homes in that region.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:58 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

I personally dont think he's anywhere near Big Bear.
This guy has planned this for months, is definitely disturbed, but not stupid and has LE training.. what purpose did burning the truck serve other than to draw attention to that area?
How easy is it to throw a dirt bike or motorcycle in the back before going there?
Bottom line is the only thing this accomplished is media attention, and tactically, the police no longer have a vehicle description to work with....
He is task-oriented, and that task is in L.A.....
Old 02-09-2013, 06:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From his little online tirade they call a "manifesto":

Self Preservation is no longer important to me. I do not fear death as I died long ago on 1/2/09. I was told by my mother that sometimes bad things happen to good people. I refuse to accept that.
So maybe he should look into bad things happening to bad people?

He also says he owns a Barret .50 cal. Aren't those illegal in CA? I seem to remember them saying they would no longer sell to California law enforcement because of it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Former LAPD Officer Has Cops Across California on Edge as Targets