Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Please take a minute and say a prayer for DieselJunkie

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 09:10 PM
DWK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please take a minute and say a prayer for DieselJunkie

Ok guys I'm new to this board but last week I posted about wanting a Amisol filter for my truck. Dieseljunkie and I Pmed back and forth a few times and told him to send the filter. Today i get an e-mail and Pm from him explaining he was sorry of the delay but he had ordered the filter even though he is evacuated from his home as the wild fires in Ca are looming close.
Talk about a guy true to his words. In the midst of all he has to be worried about he thinks of me and a $70 filter.
I have said a prayer for him and his family and I would hope others would take a minute to do the same.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
prayers coming from Ohio.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:32 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
from PA. Wish i could be over there, sounds like they need some help
Old 10-23-2007, 10:26 PM

News tonight had the evacuee totals at close to 1 MILLION and expected it to go MUCH higher!!! How many is much higher?? One million already !!!!!!!

I have several relatives and friends who are evacuees in the San Diego area. I managed to get a hold of my cousin, the story is REALLY UNBELIEVABLE, she's packed her truck and horse trailer and on her way here to NM. Lost her house, barn, everything but her and the horse and what she could load out of the house in about a 2 hours notice.

Prayers to ALL of the people in CA.

CD
Old 10-23-2007, 10:37 PM

My prayers are also going out to all the SoCal folks out there....

This is a time when, despite any "differances" any of us Americans may feel about our friends and neighbors in California, that those things just melt away in times of need! We need to be praying for, supporting, and helping them out as much as we can!

Oh and my friend and previous Co-worker and his Fiancee' checked in with me tonight. They are in Eastern Los Angelos and it's smokey there. At work, he can see the flames less than 2 miles away, so he's okay for now - but on pins & needles. His Fiancee is pretty shaken up (she's from the east coast.)

Thanks for praying for all these folks!
Old 10-24-2007, 06:57 AM

Yeah, I will add to this, I talked to Sean Lorenz the other day through email about a Thuren adj. track bar, he replied that he would get me the info I needed ASAP, but it might be a bit because he had been evacuated as well.
Prayers to everyone being evacated, and everybody trying to fight it as well.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
We are on fire.

Southern California is not a good place to be right now.

I just came from San Diego last week and now it is all on fire.
The sky is all dark with smoke and ash and the sunset this afternoon was bright red.

I could not even imagine what it would be like to have everything you owned burned to the ground within a matter of minuets.

Right now we could use a miracle.

I am sure they are going to use this to raise the price of diesel fuel even more.

You can check out our local paper here.
Jim

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...la-home-center

http://www.sgvtribune.com/fire
Old 10-24-2007, 07:33 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
From SC also... Terrible thing that is happening. If anyone from over there needs anything, let me know. I can't do much, but I'll do what I can.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:21 AM
DWK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I should have said prayers for all of our brothers and sisters affected by this horrible disaster. I know I am praying for them.
I was just really taken back that Scott would be worried about me and a small part when he has so much on his plate already.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:36 AM
REALLY old dog

Prayers Sent From Michigan, I Have A Cousin Who Lives Down On The Border South Of San-diago ,they Definatelly Need Our Prayers !