Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Feelings from a guy who worked on Columbia and all the rest.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2003, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feelings from a guy who worked on Columbia and all the rest.

Guys, for about 4 years I worked at the Shuttle modification and structural inspection area in CA. <br><br>I just want to say we, as a group of employees, had such a deep pride in the Shuttle programs. We all took the job seriously to the extreme, and realization of the astronauts safety, and very lives, being in our hands was a daily thought on the job. My heart and my prayers go out to those much more closely connected to the program such as the astronauts families, operations personnel, management, and all other associated maintenance and support personnel. There will be a lot of hurting people out there, and may the Lord give them strength to continue on and may he repair torn hearts today.<br><br>I had the unique pleasure of meeting several of the astronaut crews for missions, that have already been completed, and I got such a great feeling and program pride from everyone that I met. These are, and were, some of the most wonderful people you could ever meet. God Bless.<br><br>Monte
Old 02-02-2003, 12:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:Feelings from a guy who worked on Columbia and all the rest.

This whole tragity could just be a fluke, but my money is betting on some sort of failure in the upper levels of NASA management. NASA started going down hill when politicians and politics started messing with sceince and engineering.
Old 02-02-2003, 01:04 AM

Our prayers go out to the families of the crew and to all the NASA family,they died doing what they loved to do,they are all pioneers in my book.God bless.
Old 02-02-2003, 04:06 PM

Very good point, they did die doing exactly what they always hoped and dreamed of doing. <br><br>Because of the good safety record NASA shuttle has had, even though the business of strapping yourself into a hydrogen/oxygen missle with wings powered by the most explosive of all possible mixtures of fuel is at best risky, we, the american people, became very aloof to the whole program. <br><br>This tragedy will also help us to remember the thin line between life and death, especially in a vehicle crossing the sky at hypersonic speeds re-entering the atmosphere. What a ride it must have been right until the problem, whatever it was, occurred. <br><br>Pray for those remaining in the Space Station.
Old 02-02-2003, 07:06 PM

I believe this incident will show how the program was being run on the &quot;cheap&quot; and what cheap can do to an operation of this type.