Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

End of July breakroom, July 30 - Aug 5, 2017

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 07:04 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Danderson
The southwest has been getting hammered by humidity and rain from Mexico lately.

I had nothing to do with that. For the last couple of weeks we have had unbelievably nice weather that would be difficult to improve upon. Yesterday afternoon it started to cloud over, but nothing looked threatening. In fact, was with a group of friends outside at 18:00 and we all agreed that there was going to be no rain tonight. WRONG!!! At 20:00 the sky fell! We got dumped on big time for about an hour. The rain came from the north which is very unusual for here. Right now we have a wonderful looking day dawning again.

Coffee and ph00 made with fresh rain water. Don't think that there is much acid in the water as we do not have much air pollution down here. Just to be different, there is Canadian made ice cream in the freezer. Once in a while the local grocery store brings in a batch of this stuff and I can't resist buying a big tub or two.

Have a date day with my wife, so will be heading out later to enjoy the area and a nice lunch somewhere. Mexican food of course.

Ciao
Old 08-04-2017, 08:07 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning all. Grabbing a ph00 before Scooty comes in and messes around with it. ...........................Nothing around here to munch on and I didn't have time to grab something, so I will fill up the mug and head out to try and catch up from 3 very hectic days. Weather looks great this morning, so take this ph00 out on the lanai and listen to the fountain and birds chirping. Have a great one.

Bobby
Old 08-04-2017, 10:12 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
We are getting over the bug that took us both down. The wife made me a nice breakfast this morning.
Saw the doctor yesterday. My wrist is messed up. My body didn't like the screws and is rejecting them. The cartilage they reconstructed has pulled apart because of it. None of the surgical options will return me to normal (). All of them will reduce how much stress I could put on it. Most of them will reduce movement to about 50%. The one I'm opting for, though a lower success rate it will retain most of my movement.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:17 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Dang cougar.....sorry to hear that!. I have a bunch of those screws in me from head to foot and no issues other than occasional pain especially in cold weather. I was reading where people are having problems because they are receiving counterfeit medical products made in China. The steel is not the specialized medical grade steel and thus rejection issues.

We are praying here that you get straightened out soon and for a quick recovery!
Old 08-04-2017, 02:17 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I sure hope they get that resolved for you Coug.
I'm headed for another surgery to reconstruct my rt pec major and whatever else they find ruined in there.
they suspect my pec minor is ruptured as well and probably some shoulder issues with the compensation its been doing.
Old 08-04-2017, 02:52 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Stopped by to grab whatever is on the counter. Long week of panic caused by emergencies not owned by me.

Just finished mowing the yard with a new to me mower. Little bit of tinkering and I think I'll like it. Did make the acquaintance of a big hornets nest. Dang things have me lumped up pretty good. Time for a soak in the tub with the vinegar. If you haven't tried it, tuck it away for the future.
Old 08-05-2017, 06:36 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Gee - - - I don't know whether I should post here or not. Right after grabbing my ph00 yesterday, screen went blank, no internet, no phone. Reset everything involved - - nothing. Went to cell phone, called Frontier - - cut a fibre-optic about 3 miles down the road. Finally got internet about 8 last night but still no phone this morning. Strange with no phone or internet. Interesting how our lives have changed in our habits - don't realize it until you no longer have it. Sort of like our mind - - suddenly we don't have it.........................

Coug - - - not a fun report from you. We knew Lary was all screwed up, but not you too. ...............LOL

Oh well, fresh ph00 and coffee on the counter - - wife made a couple wonderful peach pies for company who had an emergency and couldn't come, so brought them in - - enjoy. Off to whip the weeds this morning - - well, at least give them a rough time. See ya.

Bob
Old 08-05-2017, 10:31 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Peach pie! Thanks Bob, I shouldn't but I will. Made some more regular Joe for the irregular folk. Seems to be going fast this AM.
Getting a few more days of summer. Highs into the mid 70*'s and mostly clear. Got 6 rabbits mowing my lawn, all I have to do is supervise.
Old 08-05-2017, 01:26 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Great Pie Bob! Thanks to the lovely missus for me

Cougar I was watching my rabbits work on my lawn when one of them disappeared in a blur of beating wings...man those Hawks and Eagles sure do come out of nowhere in a huge hurry!