Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Easter Week Breakroom - April 14-20

Old 04-14-2019, 07:45 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Easter Week Breakroom - April 14-20

Great significant week in the life of the believer. Dig in and learn and enjoy.
Fresh ph00 and coffee are on along with a good supply of blueberry muffins. Have fun.
…….…..……………..

Off to church - - Have a great day.

Bob
Old 04-14-2019, 07:05 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
He is risen! Thank you Jesus for your sacrifice.

HEY!!!! Who guzzled all the muffins? Just wondered in to see if there was any activity or munchies but only found a few crumbs, a dirty plate and cold, stale coffee. Going home make my own coffee and find some munchies. Thanks Bob for the effort.

Still fantastic weather down here. Some of you way north of me are suffering. Hope that you come out of the latest storms OK.

See yuh.

Ciao
Old 04-15-2019, 07:00 AM

Hey Stan - - you think the dragon got those muffins? Little rascal. Or, someone came in, did not log in - -and helped themselves and out the back door.
Probably more like it. I know it can't be Scotty, so who???? HMMM.

Gorgeous morning down here today. Lots of rain last night, one sharp lightning crack right outside the house, but have not been out to inspect. Last time
that happened it blew a exterior wall mounted timer into the neighbors yard and my irrigation timer in the garage was all over the garage. GRRR. Oh well,
must remember I am in the lightning capital of the world. Been hit three times on this property.

Fresh ph00 and coffee are on and I am heading in to grab some breakfast. Have a great day, gang...………….

Bob
Old 04-15-2019, 02:17 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Just this time of the year... Notre Dame burns..
Old 04-16-2019, 08:29 PM

Horrible scene in Italy. Lots of history wrapped up in those timbers. Sure looks like foul play to me.

Nuther gorgeous day here - - 82 for high - - 66 for low, blue skies. Wonderful.

Too late for ph00 or coffee - - been running all day. Slow down and enjoy life a bit, Bob.

Morry
Old 04-17-2019, 01:11 AM

Italy??
Old 04-17-2019, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by AlpineRAM
Italy??
OH BOY - - YOU CAUGHT ME. I had just read material about traveling in Italy and it just popped out.
Hmmm, let's see - - where was that huge church? ALPS???? UHHH, no, don't think so -- oh yeh, France. Wake up, Bob. ….

Hey fresh coffee, ph00, fritters, couple bags of CHESTERS PUFFED CORN on the counter - - very addicting, so be careful. Just finished
my morning run - - time to get some work done.

Bob………………….
Old 04-17-2019, 08:50 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by AlpineRAM
Just this time of the year... Notre Dame burns..
Several hundreds of millions being donated. It will never be the same, but I'm sure the diocese will enjoy all that moolah, attempting to make it purdy.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:01 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
So many poor, homeless, and starving people in the world and a "church" chooses to spend millions on a building. Not what Christ would be doing.
Old 04-18-2019, 04:23 AM

Well, in that case it's France who owns the churches (as in buildings) and is also responsible for renovations and repair.
Private parties like companies and persons have now donated cash towards the repair after the fire.
I do not see the church spending a lot... maybe it would be better if the current donors spent it on social projects, but to sponsor some bums is not glamorous enough.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:04 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Couldn't believe it when I logged on. I've been gone almost a year. Long story short got laid low by Lyme's disease last spring. Finally got some decent treatment after 35 years of missed diagnosis, lousy treatment, and other standard fare from the allopathic doctors. Natural doctor sent various samples of my carcass all over the world, diagnosed, diagrammed, and is successfully treating me now. Meanwhile everything else around here has turned to crap, including my truck. It's been sitting idle since the IP blew a gasket before Christmas. Finally going to get at it on Saturday.

Doesn't look like things have changed much here. Same old timers, same dragon, same missing eats.
The following users liked this post:
NJTman (04-19-2019)
Old 04-18-2019, 05:41 PM

Received 2,374 Likes on 1,570 Posts
Glad to see you around here Mr. Martin!
Old 04-18-2019, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by j_martin
Couldn't believe it when I logged on. I've been gone almost a year. Long story short got laid low by Lyme's disease last
spring. Finally got some decent treatment after 35 years of missed diagnosis, lousy treatment, and other standard fare from the allopathic doctors.
Natural doctor sent various samples of my carcass all over the world, diagnosed, diagrammed, and is successfully treating me now. Meanwhile
everything else around here has turned to crap, including my truck. It's been sitting idle since the IP blew a gasket before Christmas. Finally going
to get at it on Saturday.
Wow, buddy - - -that is quite a story. Been missing you, but missing a lot others also. Gets lonely. Great to have you back and to know things
are looking up. Sounds like it has not been a fun trip. Keep on keeping on - - whip it.

Nothing to eat or drink, but not hungry anyhow. Just now stopping working - - been to doctor for yearly (he was VERY happy with me) and
then the computer the rest of day doing work. WHEW. Feels good to do what I want instead of what I have to do. Have a great night and
someone put some ph00 on in the morn.

Bob
Old 04-19-2019, 05:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everybody sleeping in today or what? I'm usually not the first one in the mornings but hey whatever. Coffee is a brewin and I brought in some half stale bagels from the house ..... So have at em if your hungry enough. Gonna work around the house today and hopefully get a few things done . Looking foward to Easter dinner this weekend...... Thankyou Jesus. Last one out turn the pot off . Have a good weekend boys !
Old 04-19-2019, 05:45 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Good morning from down here in a warm Paradise where it is still a bit warmer than normal for this time of year. Still very busy. Been once again using my truck again as a tractor to pull out dozens of pinquica trees as I clear more land. Over the last few years have probably pulled out more than a thousand of these trees that grow like weeds above a 7,000 altitude. Getting closer to starting to build. Yesterday after a long battle finally got water connected to the site which for me is a huge step.

Today for a change have made a big pot of mystery ph00. Our resident ph00 'spurt can probably identify the flavor. Whatever it is, it sure smells great. Regular soap and water did nothing to clean the gungy coffee pot. Paint stripper did not do much, so used some muriatic acid to clean it out, that is now full of hot, delicious Mexican coffee. For the whiners that there is nothing to eat, be reminded the breakroom is not a restaurant. However, in an attempt to entice more visitors here, have set out some fresh squeezed OJ and some just out of the nut, coconut water. Also, a big container of assorted cut up fresh fruit is in the fridge on the next shelf down from the juice. For those of you that want eggs, the eggs in the fridge are from free range chickens, so do not be surprised at the deeper yolk color and better taste when you prepare them. Also left a pile of gorditas with a selection of yummy fillings. Gave some to the dragon and it went crazy over them.

Have just received the injectors I ordered for my truck, so on Monday will be become a mechanic and change injectors, set the valve lash and do sundry other maintenance that is required on my truck. Not looking forward to doing this job.

No news from Scotty lately. Hope that you are in the Mayo and that things are going well down there.

John, nice to have you back here. I knew that you had been sick, but did not realize that it had dragged on for so long. Hope that very soon that you will have bounced back to being full of vim and vigor or whatever gets you up back up to speed. Are you still working?

Got lots to do today, starting with removing a wheelbarrow wheel and greasing the squeaky bearings. Have to make notes for myself of jobs to do so that I can set daily priorities. Hey, is this the way it is supposed to work when a person is retired? Sumptin' seems out of whack here. Just received a new book that I ordered and not sure when I will have time to sit down and read it.

OK guys and gals, have a great day. Me gone >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ciao.

Edit: I see that I was not the first today, so now the visitors have an extra selection of food and drink. Question, how does he/she know that they are the last to visit and to turn off the coffee pot?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Easter Week Breakroom - April 14-20