Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Early Summer breakroom April 12 - 18

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 05:15 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Early Summer breakroom April 12 - 18

Summer is finally dawning. Time to rise and shine and enjoy it. Also time to wash your puss and dress up a bit and go to church. Coffee, ph00 and variety of cold and hot cereals ready for your choice on the counter. Stoked the dragon so should not give problems.

Have a great day.

Bob
Old 04-12-2015, 06:25 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning. Nice to see someone here. This week has been somewhere between dead and deader. Thanks for the coffee and cereals.

Bob, how is your level of sanity with the twins running around? What have they managed to break so far, or what trouble did they get into? Does one egg the other on all the time?

Got a surprise last night. The forecast was for occasional showers, but shortly after 7 p.m. it suddenly started to rain and the wind came up. Boy, did it rain! The heavens opened and the house nearly blew away! Within minutes the street outside my house became a river because the drains could not handle this amount of water. It rained on and off until about an hour ago with lots of thunder and lightening. The rainy season has long passed, so this amount of rain and wind is very unusual. Hope the sun shines brightly by lunch time because I expect to go out for my usual Sunday outside lunch.

Time for my fresh squeezed lime and honey drink.

Bye
Old 04-12-2015, 08:40 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Bee ute ee full past few days here.
Lots of sun, no more snow.
I've been riding a bike...pedal bike lately. Can't remember the last time I rode a bike...20 yrs plus. Feels great!
Now that I know I like this I'm going to have to look for a bike for myself. I want a durable bike with suspension. A seat with some comfort too!! Maddi wants hers back. J/K

Orange juice, eggs and bacon.

BBQ later today. Moose sausage, chicken breast, asparagus and a big salad. Oink
Old 04-12-2015, 10:08 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Nice weekend, got to see two of the three Grandkids. Oldest Grandaughter went for a ride in the Magnum. After expressing her interest in the old thing, she said "Wish I could drive it some day". So, I pulled over and told her she was in the wrong seat. Huge smile! Made working on it worth it! However, she immediately told Grandma... Now, Grandma wonders when SHE will get to drive it! Grandson was here also, but got to feeling sick and wanted to go home. Today, I think i have whatever he had. Feeling kinda yucky. Guess I'll just piddle around with no real plans and see what happens.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:21 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Everything was fine with my daughter driving the truck til she told mom. My daughter was four at the time and we were in the mountains.
Just the steering wheel was in her hand...the look on her face was priceless. The look on moms face...not so much.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:59 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Cold frosty morning. May go out and put the summer tires on the wife's car if I feel up to it.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:17 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Sunday all y'all. Thanks for breakfast Bob. It is cool, windy but clear blue skies here on the edge of the Canadian prairies. We need some moisture, so please send some of your rain up here Stan. We are under a fire ban for the entire county I live in. We have had strong winds every day for the last few days and the forecast is the same for the next few days. There are a few grass fires every single day. Luckily none of them have been too close to my home yet.
Play safe everyone.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:15 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Ok who locked me out of the break room last week? I couldn't get in I had a bath even changed socks and underwear.

But I'm in this one till someone locks me out again
Preacher done a good service this morning on what's wrong in the American family he had some great points.

Have a gud evening y'all
Old 04-12-2015, 08:45 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
I'm back to a connection..... Yep, didn't miss a thing.

Left Kalispell yesterday morning, drove down the Swan (83) through rain and 40° thinking "the passes gonna be fun." Shot the gap at Homestake in 65° and sun. Bozeman was similar, except I fought some pretty fierce cross winds for a hundred miles. Then I fueled up, picked up a tremendous tail wind, and crossed the rest of Montana at 70 mph plus, getting good fuel mileage pulling the fiver. Got to a rest stop about an hour West of Bismarck and crashed for a few hours. Got up and continued with cross and tail winds all the way.

Sure is good to have a dually to nail it down in those gusty winds. Co-pilot had no trouble handling it while I napped in the camper.

gonna be good to sleep in a real bed tonight.

While I was gone, my grandson, Gus, hijacked the WD45

Name:  gus%20the%20farmer_zpsffs2pnr5.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  88.4 KB
Old 04-12-2015, 08:55 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by railroaderone
Ok who locked me out of the break room last week? I couldn't get in I had a bath even changed socks and underwear.
l

Your fault. The protection device that Lary installed by the door automatically locks out strangers. By having a bath and using clean socks and underwear, you looked too different to be allowed entry.

j martin, sounds like you are having fun and good luck too. No, you did not miss a darn thing. Kinda boring around here lately.

Was a mix of sun and cloud today, but still a very nice day. It was nice enough to go to my favorite restaurant in shorts as usual and eat outside.

Heading out at daybreak tomorrow morning.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:22 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man, I had just finished posting and hit the tab key.

hi n bye scottystyle.

tired, moving RR lumber this week. get to keep all I want. I am making bridges , lots of work for lil wannabe skidder. will have to post pic next to huge skidder.

all U be safe! glad U R home JM. RR, here is the secret entrance to the breakroom.....
Old 04-13-2015, 05:24 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wake up sleepies! I was quiet all night but now I can make noise. So, NOISE!

I've got some meat and eggs cooking on the stove. Coffee is hot and fresh. Oatmeal, apples, bananas and raisins on the counter. Sprinkle in some cinnamon for additional taste bud zoom.

Have a good one.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:53 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Happy Monday all ya'll. Thanks for breakfast Shorts but did you really need to throw all the pots and pans around just to wake us up?
Old 04-13-2015, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Happy Monday everyone!

Prob'ly no one's noticed because no one loves me anyway, but I haven't been around here much lately. What started out as a nice, leisurely firewood job has apparently turned me into a full time logger. I now have about 100 acres total to log, a new business relationship with a mill in Indiana and a very happy landowner. He wanted some land cleared for additional fields but when I looked at it, I realized there was some decent timber in there that really shouldn't go to firewood. So, long story short, I'll still have all the firewood I can handle and the landowner is about $25,000 richer from all the timber I sold to the mill for him. Now all I have to do is cut it, skid it, sort it, grade it, scale it and get it to the mill. <sigh>

Looking over the past breakrooms, it doesn't look like I've missed a whole lot.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:25 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Wet snow on freezing rain made for a fun drive along the river. Didn't get the tires changed on the wife's car, didn't feel like it and still don't.

Quick Reply: Early Summer breakroom April 12 - 18