Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   DTR's 'Summer's Startin' breakroom 6-12 June (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/dtrs-summers-startin-breakroom-6-12-june-271242/)

madhat 06-06-2010 12:41 AM

DTR's 'Summer's Startin' breakroom 6-12 June

Mornin, DTR. Fresh pot of sludge on, straight from Blake's part of the world...

New week, new opportunities. Be safe!

Scotty 06-06-2010 01:32 AM

mmmmmmmmm sludge. The spoon stood up for a few seconds and then melted into the crud...Perfect blend...well done Sandy.

Another week of fasting and on call for the knife. Had to call in at work tonight...first time ever. Knee is way too sore on the stairs...wobbly...not about to blow out more of it trying to work. Plus in this condition I am not doing what I should.

Have a great sludge week everyone. I put a few pairs of FiverBobby'sSpeedosintocutthebitternessofthesludge

Redleg 06-06-2010 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty (Post 2779576)
mmmmmmmmm sludge. The spoon stood up for a few seconds and then melted into the crud...Perfect blend...well done Sandy.

Another week of fasting and on call for the knife. Had to call in at work tonight...first time ever. Knee is way too sore on the stairs...wobbly...not about to blow out more of it trying to work. Plus in this condition I am not doing what I should.

Have a great sludge week everyone. I put a few pairs of FiverBobby'sSpeedosintocutthebitternessofthesludge

Thought I tasted a hint of vanilla... good ol' DTR coffee, kinda like friendship bread... just goes on and on.

Morning, day shift ready to go.

Totallyrad 06-06-2010 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by roger.t (Post 2779128)
thats rite.

i got lost in the woods. think i took a wrong turn somewhere around Albuquerque.

Do you know how hard it was to not add the word (Rabbit) to your user name this morning?[laugh]

Originally Posted by Blake Clark (Post 2779147)
Oh I see how it is...

Get you a copy of Office and now were back to being them blasted Cajuns....

First Scotty's cousins, now you....

I can just feel the love.

Originally Posted by wyododge (Post 2779148)
I never said it was bad, just blasted...

Besides what would we do with out the Bla????

Hows things down there this fine saturday mornin???

BTW hows that newly detailed melon of your look???

Stop looking at me.

Your head looks funny.

Mom, he's on my side of the seat.

Mom, Blake's farting.

Mom, Roger's breathing my air.

Originally Posted by Scotty (Post 2779576)

Scotty, I hope they get you in soon. I wonder if it would just be easier just to ask them how much weight they actually want you to lose instead of this whole fast and be ready to go game.[laugh] Oh, almost forgot..............look at my leggggs.[laugh]

Morning all.

Redleg 06-06-2010 09:22 AM

Just walked down the road to the coffe shop for a bagel sandwich. Today was cinnebun day. I got naughty. Still thinking about that thing... light as a feather.

Blake Clark 06-06-2010 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Totallyrad (Post 2779591)
Do you know how hard it was to not add the word (Rabbit) to your user name this morning?[laugh]

Oh... You should have... It would have taken him months to notice.... Trust me on that one.

Morning Yall, Slept in, 0800hrs. Was good. Doing laundry and given the ole man van an interior cleaning.

wyododge 06-06-2010 10:41 AM

Roger T. Rabbit sounds so dignified.

In an DTR kinda way.

Hello Gents, I see the fur ball is AWOL again... Wonder what happened today that scared him off??

wyododge 06-06-2010 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Blake Clark (Post 2779649)
Doing laundry and given the ole man van an interior cleaning.

You better start talking nice about your truck. If your not careful its gonna strand you on the side of the road...

madhat 06-06-2010 10:49 AM

Morning, Children...

Hvytrkmech 06-06-2010 10:53 AM

What up gang?

Busy as all get out up here, just enough time for drive buy's lately.

Hope things are well with everyone.

See what I mean? [laugh]

wyododge 06-06-2010 11:06 AM

Good Morning Mr Hat.

Well nothing like mother nature putting a kink in the plans. Rainin out there, flood warnings all around us. But on the good side my driveway treatment in getting watered in...

Mexstan 06-06-2010 11:37 AM

Good morning y'all.
Back in Paradise. Been gone since last Saturday driving to north of my first border (the second border is Canada) doing my best to support the sagging US economy. Drove the truck 2,850 miles since leaving home. Got just north of Dallas (Lavon) before pointing the truck south and back to home. Not quite half of the trip was towing another vehicle. If anyone is still interested in buying my Pathfinder it is now in Lavon, Texas.

Had a nasty surprise on the way home. Before I left home I checked and greased everything including the steering. On the way up I thought that the steering was feeling a bit sloppy, but attributed it to normal wear and tear. This general looseness got worse and another steering check did not show anything loose. My mistake was not to get someone to rock the steering wheel for me while I was underneath checking. About 3/4 of the way between San Antonio and Brownsville the steering suddenly felt really bad so decided to pull off and do another check. As I was slowing down I lost all steering. The truck headed down the sloping shoulder while I stood on the brakes. The steering wheel was very loose and spun uselessly. What happened was the nut on the drag link fell off and eventually the entire drag link came off. This could have been the cause of a major accident. Have no idea what could have caused this nut to even come loose.

Of course, could not find the nut, so now I was stuck on the side of the road. The only people that stopped to help were Mexicans! I racked my brains trying to think of a similar size nut on the truck I could borrow just to get me going again and finally hit on the idea of a wheel nut. It was the right size and thread, but had a taper. At that stage I did not care as long as I could reinstall the drag link and keep driving. It worked beautifully.

I really noticed the humidity in Texas. I am no longer used to any humidity above about 40%, so did a LOT of sweating in the heat and humidity up there. It sure is nice to be back home in this "perfect' weather.

As usual whenever I head north, I cross the Tropic of Capricorn. Cross it twice, once going up and again coming homing home. There is a marker on the road that shows this. I live about a 5 hour drive south of this marker.

It's good to be home again!

wyododge 06-06-2010 11:48 AM

holy wrenches Stan(thesuper)Man!!!

Things are pretty tense down there. Actually most of the western US. Unfortunately it seems that in America we will never get past skin color. Although I must admit that after an incident a few years back, unless it appears that there is significant distress, injury or loss of life, I don't stop. I just call the 5-0 to make sure there will be help on the way. Bad deal all around, but you just never now anymore. Kind of a shame really.

Glad to hear that you made it back safely, and you were unharmed. Sounds like you have someone very special looking over your shoulder!!!

old dog 06-06-2010 12:19 PM

AFTERNOON FELLOW DTRotarions>

before i went to bed last night was watching weather radar> expected to wake up to a lot of bad news downstate Michigan & ILL . nothing in this mornings news - so i guess we dodged a major bullet !
i never seen so many red boxes on the radar as i seen last night !
7 in ILL & 6 in MICH, looks as though they never toutched down >

ye all have a good-one
CLAUDE [coffee]

roger.t 06-06-2010 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Totallyrad (Post 2779591)

not funny at all. I would have laughed though.

looks like i may get the afternoon off today. finished up all of my todo's for today. just hope that nothing breaks.

not to mention it looks like rain in the near forecast.