Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   DTR's Company Truck. (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/dtrs-company-truck-39111/)

DieselDaze 02-12-2004 11:13 AM

DTR's Company Truck.

So just the other day,
Jack was driving the company truck with Top as a passenger and I was riding in the bed of the truck taking in the fresh (cold) air.

We had to cross a bridge to on the way back to work. However, this day, the bridge was covered over by ice.
Jack started to lose control of the truck and worked the steering wheel in an attempt to keep control.
However, his attempts were in vain as the truck started to slide out of control.
Realizing what was going on, I held on to the bed rails as hard as I could as the truck slid off the road and crashed through the guard rails to the cold river below.

Jack and Top struggled to get out of the cab as it quickly filled with water. Once they made it out, they surfaced gasping for air and began to swim to the banks of the river.

After catching their breath, Top said:
"Hey! Where Rich?"

Both Jack and Top began to scan the surface of the water looking for any signs of life. After a few minutes, Jack saw some bubbles and finally I popped my head out of the water, lungs burning for more air!

After I surfaced, I began to swim over to the shore. Jack and Top pulled me out of the water and Top said:
"What took you so long?"

To which I replied:

"I couldnt get the stupid tail gate open!" [eyecrazy]

[laugh]

Rich

Lil Dog 02-12-2004 12:00 PM

:rolleyes:

RATTLINRAM 02-12-2004 12:04 PM

Someone needs more work to do around the office! :rolleyes: [laugh]

DieselDaze 02-12-2004 12:19 PM

Originally posted by RATTLINRAM
Someone needs more work to do around the office! :rolleyes: [laugh]
What now!
Ive already polished your bike, made fresh coffee for Top, got Jack his newspaper and donuts. Phox even has me answering his phone!

[rant]

[laugh]
Sorry, I'll get back to work now.

Rich

Lary Ellis (Top) 02-12-2004 12:27 PM

[laugh] I was hoping you were rolling up the windows so the carpet wouldn't get wet:D

BigBlue 02-12-2004 03:33 PM

[laugh] [laugh] Yall need a life.

Hoss 02-12-2004 03:57 PM

And a new truck from the sound of things. :rolleyes:

Scotty 02-12-2004 04:07 PM

And these guys are in charge. hmmmmm [tapdshut]

Hoss 02-12-2004 04:19 PM

Originally posted by Scotty
And these guys are in charge. hmmmmm [tapdshut]
Scary isn't it?? :rolleyes:

Scotty, see my post about Edge EZ in the 3rd Gen Aftermarket section. You may be able to shed some light on it for me. SURELY you wouldn't give me a biased answer. ;)

blackjack 02-12-2004 05:41 PM

Holy Moley.
You guys need to stop smoking whatever it is your smoking
BTW You guys musta been late for the mad haters party.

DieselDaze 02-12-2004 05:43 PM

After later investigation, I found out the bridge wasnt icy at all!

Ive been told, thats just the way Jack drives all the time! [eyecrazy]

[laugh]

Rich