Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   DTR's Brakeroom- Stop in and say Hey! Jan 21-27, 2018 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/dtrs-brakeroom-stop-say-hey-jan-21-27-2018-a-329674/)

ofcmarc 01-21-2018 12:51 AM

DTR's Brakeroom- Stop in and say Hey! Jan 21-27, 2018

1 Attachment(s)
Evenin'/Mornin' all! Here's a fresh place to stop in and hang out for a few if you desire.

The counters are clean and the floors are freshly mopped for now. I'm sure someone will come in and leave some goodies on the counter and drop crumbs on the floor that will attract who knows what kind of critters or aliens. But for now at least the place is clean.

Originally Posted by FiverBob (Post 3342593)
Morning Marc - - of course you won't get this until you rise and shine, 4hours behind me. Seeing you talk about your location reminds me of our trips to Alaska - - we made it a habit of stopping in NP several times each trip. Very nice RV park right on the river there - - and good fishing. Of course, it was not winter when we were there. Neat spots to wander to and enjoy. Great area. Have fun.

These days, I don't rise with the sun at all. Been on Permanent Nightshift for over a year now. It keeps me mostly sane being able to walk out as the dayshift comes in with all their idiocy..... And the sun only comes up for about 5.5 hours or so a day right now anyways and I'm holding down my pillow at that time.

Ever make it down to the Delta Clearwater for silvers? Its a great late season trip.
Attachment 76404

Originally Posted by j_martin (Post 3342622)
What ever happened to Sam the shrew, and his nemesis, Bark?

That's a good question! I liked the shrew. Bark had his good points too....[laugh]

I put on a pot of Coffee for the night owls and anyone on the Right coast who gets up early.[coffee][coffee]

Mexstan 01-21-2018 07:46 AM

Good morning all from Paradise. Thankshrew Marc for the coffee. Another nice day starting down here, but as usual at this time of year, the mornings start a little bit chilly. The sun is up now, so expect the temperature to quickly climb to the low 70's.

What is the difference between a breakroom and brakeroom? Are you you hoping that more DTR'ers will put the brakes on and stop by?

Off to get my usual Sunday started. Church later.

Bye.

Lary Ellis (Top) 01-21-2018 07:56 AM

Good Morning Folks thanks for the coffee Marc, geez that floor shines after a good mopping!

All the fixings for breakfast burritos laid out on the counter, need to get going as I am teaching a class at the range later this afternoon. I like to call it 'How not to shoot the guy next to you"

ofcmarc 01-21-2018 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan (Post 3342647)

What is the difference between a breakroom and brakeroom? Are you you hoping that more DTR'ers will put the brakes on and stop by?

Caught that did you?;)

cougar 01-21-2018 09:36 AM

Mornin kids. Marc, you got me beat. Only get about 30 minutes of sun shine as it appears and disappears between the mountain peaks.
Had some freezing fog yesterday. Makes a nice glaze on the road.
Blew another day on the wife's car. I don't know when I'm going to get back out and work on the house.

NJTman 01-21-2018 11:11 AM

Well now,

Are we required to kiss a fish, in order to get some free burritos?

Can't go home smelling like fish lips, as the wife might think bad thoughts about me .

:o

FiverBob 01-21-2018 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by ofcmarc (Post 3342639)
And the sun only comes up for about 5.5 hours or so a day right now anyways and I'm holding down my pillow at that time.

Ever make it down to the Delta Clearwater for silvers? Its a great late season trip.
Bark had his good points too....

Hey Marc - - good brakeroom this morning (well, afternoon by now). Went to church, then my wife had a sitter for a few hours after church, so I picked her up and took her out for a nice, quiet time together around a great steak. Very nice to have some personal time together. When I picked her up she had just finished working for 15 minutes trying to get her sis back up off the floor where she fell after getting up to do something she should not have tried without my wife in the room with her.

Your comment about the sun reminded me of the little sun spotter at the nick nack store across the street from the RV park in Tok. The have a small tube anchored to a post on their front porch that, when you look thru it, shows you the highest point the sun will rise on the lowest day in the winter. It is almost horizontal. What I love is taking movies of landscape shots at 1am in the summer. Looks like the sun just dropped over the horizon. Very bright and hard to sleep at night without black out shades.

Tried to reach Bark again by phone about 6 months ago - - no answer. Been a while since I talked to him.

OK, enough gabbing - - gotta run and get the wife back to her sis. CYA morry.

Mexstan 01-21-2018 07:24 PM

G'day or is it g'evening?

Sorry for y'all that are suffering in the cold, but we had great weather here today. After church went out for lunch in my usual shorts and ate outside.

Bob, was it Bark that having major eye problems? Let us know if you do hear from him.

Lary, you mentioned guns this morning and just a short while ago happened to come across an article that I am sure that you are well aware of. From a technical point of view, I found it quite interesting. Here it is for those that have not seen this yet;

The World?s Longest Sniper Kill: The Enemy Shot Dead at 3,871 Yards (Over 2 Miles Away) | The National Interest Blog

Hope all of you have a great night and do not need to shovel tomorrow.

Ciao.

ofcmarc 01-22-2018 01:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Evenin' All! (or mornin for some of you.....)

Originally Posted by cougar (Post 3342656)
Mornin kids. Marc, you got me beat. Only get about 30 minutes of sun shine as it appears and disappears between the mountain peaks.

Yes, Down in the valleys there is no such thing as direct sunlight. I may technically have 5.5 hours but I sure don't get to see it often working nights all the time.

Originally Posted by NJTman (Post 3342662)
Are we required to kiss a fish, in order to get some free burritos?

Can't go home smelling like fish lips, as the wife might think bad thoughts about me .
:o

You don't have to kiss the fish for a burrito. As for the fish lips smell well, Get the misses involved and you should be good to go!
Attachment 76406

Fresh pot is on. Gonna keep it on too as the temps are finally falling out for once this winter. Gonna take a few cups to keep myself thawed out.[coffee][coffee][coffee]

FiverBob 01-22-2018 07:43 AM

Morning all. Finally getting a bit of warm weather down here - - was over 72 yesterday and in the low 60's overnight. More like it. Same for most of this week.

Stan - - the last time I saw Bark was about 9 years ago and he did not mention any eye problems. He did say he was heading into Anchorage to see a doctor - - we were in Williwaw at Portage Glacier at the time. I have talked with him several times on the phone since then. Have to try him again.

Felt like a ph00 today, so fresh pot is done br00ing - - grabbing mine and hit the road. Seattle son a tribe arrive this Wednesday - - lots to do in this house to "4yo twins" proof it. This should be fun - - too bad Marian can't join us full time.

.........[coffee].......................:drool:

ps: Marc - - that picture looks like it could be Fish Creek????

ofcmarc 01-22-2018 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by FiverBob (Post 3342715)
Marc - - that picture looks like it could be Fish Creek????

The Pike with the Misses was at the slough in Manley.:cool:

ofcmarc 01-22-2018 10:02 PM

Wow, No traffic stopped by today..... Bummer.

There's a fresh pot on for anyone who might wander on by.[coffee]

Mexstan 01-23-2018 05:12 AM

Awwwww, poor baby! OK, I am here to keep you company for a short while. Hey, why is the coffee cold? Just because you live at the north pole, can't you at least keep the coffee hot? [guitar] Will throw out the old, almost full pot and make a fresh, steaming pot of coffee. It's too early for the ph00 guy, so that will come later.

Woke up extra early this morning. Wish my stooopid body would learn to sleep in for another hour or two every day.

Decided to clean up a cupboard yesterday. It's amazing some of the junk that we keep for years and years. Many large bags of garbage will be ready for the garbage guys this morning. Did find some stuff that I have been looking for, so that was good.

Marc, did you feel that big earthquake in the middle of the night?

Looks like a cold spell heading down our way for next week. Hey you guys up north, please be selfish and keep the cold way north of both borders. Hate it when I need to stop wearing shorts and forced to put a sweater on.

Off to get my early day started. See yuh.

ofcmarc 01-23-2018 05:54 AM

Mornin' Stan!

Originally Posted by Mexstan (Post 3342794)
Marc, did you feel that big earthquake in the middle of the night?

No, I didn't feel it. Surprised though, one that big I should have. I guess the Tsunami sirens went off in Homer.

ofcmarc 01-23-2018 08:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
G'night all! I'm out til tomorrow.

Attachment 76408

Try to keep it down in here. Y'all were a bit rowdy yesterday.....