Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR's Brakeroom- Stop in and say Hey! Jan 21-27, 2018

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 08:48 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Tip toes in trying not to wake up Marc after his night-shift...

Thanks for the fresh coffee Stan the Man, hot oatmeal and fresh fruit on the counter.

I put the phoo pot on in case Busy Bob makes it in and hot water for the tea guys.

Safe day everyone!....whoops forgot about Marc when I shouted that
Old 01-23-2018, 03:57 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)

Thanks for the fresh coffee Stan the Man, hot oatmeal and fresh fruit on the counter.

I put the phoo pot on in case Busy Bob makes it in and hot water for the tea guys.

Safe day everyone!....whoops forgot about Marc when I shouted that
Following Lary's lead - - tiptoeing. Hey, wait a minute. 5pm here is 1pm there - - - Yep, probably sleeping. Hmmmm, now we are cooking - - I know, Stan - - it is supper time, but I was up at 4 this morning and out of here by 4:30 meaning no breakfast, had an energy drink at lunch, got home about an hour ago and been trying to catch up on mail, phone calls -- blaaa blaaa. Sooooooooooooo, I am having my favorite breaky thing - - oatmeal and fruit. Thanks Lary -- and for the ph00.........................me happy.
Munch munch swallow, sip, munch, chomp. OK done - - YUMMY..
Try to stop in later, but don't promise - - way behind on today. Unplugging sewer line at the sis-in-laws place and fixing tub valve most of day, now everything else planned for the day is bashing me on the head. GGRRR

Refill..........................
Old 01-24-2018, 12:37 AM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Evenin' All!

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Following Lary's lead - - tiptoeing. Hey, wait a minute. 5pm here is 1pm there - - - Yep, probably sleeping.
That was mighty gentlemanly of the 2 of you! I think it's funny being on nightshift all the time now, I never hear my kids running around the house during the day but I do hear the Wife hollering at them "Be quiet! Your dad is trying to sleep"...... I just remind her that, I'll sleep when I'm dead. 4 hours a day is plenty right?

Fresh pot of Coffee is on for the night. I'll need a few cups tonight as I have a long morning ahead of me when I get off. My Mom closes on her house tomorrow(2 days early) so I have to move a truck, trailer and wheeler out of there. That would be pretty easy if my wife was back to driving again..... But she isn't yet. Oh well, I have a plan........
Old 01-24-2018, 05:22 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings!

Glad Lary and Fiver Bobby were quiet setting the live traps last night.
The dragon prefers those mice now to play with.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:06 AM
Admin Team Leader

Hot coffee and Phoo for all of ewe....

Oatmeal and fresh fruit on the counter come and get it!
Old 01-24-2018, 06:24 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Morning, folks.

Going for my first DOT exam today, as the rules have changed regarding driving any commercially tagged vehicle. (RGVW 10,000 or more ) in NJ, or possibly the U.S.. I do not have a CDL license, nor am I required to have one, but for some unknown reason ( money grab , I assume ) I now have to get a DOT medical card. Got pulled over by a state trooper the other day and was cited for no medical card.

Big brother is over your shoulder, so hide those bags of pennies real good now. Grabbing my green tea and honey, before I head out.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:31 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning gentlemen. Whoa, where did that "gentlemen" thing come from. Quick, give me coffee to see if that fixes the problem!

Was there another earthquake somewhere? Unusual early activity here this morning. That's good. Been up since 4:44 and been on the go since then. Just stopped for a coffee now.

Yesterday the weather was strange. It started off as a beautiful day and when some of the family came for lunch we enjoyed eating outside on the terrace with hot sun and blue skies. Shortly after lunch a front must have come through because it suddenly clouded over and by 18:30 there was a noisy and very wet thunderstorm. We needed it. By 20:30 it was all over.

The dragon likes me, so it told me how to avoid all those traps that someone set in the breakroom. Thanks Lary for coffee and fruit.

Strange things have been happening in my life lately, so now need to sit down and do lots of praying and figure out where to go from here.

Hope that all of you - or olive ewe - have a great day.

L8tr
Old 01-25-2018, 12:38 AM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Looks like another busy day in here..... Someone left the pot on and burned the pot. I'll feed the old pot to the dragon and put on a clean fresh one in case anyone swings in.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by ofcmarc
Looks like another busy day in here..... Someone left the pot on and burned the pot. I'll feed the old pot to the dragon and put on a clean fresh one in case anyone swings in.
Swinging in with my green tea and honey. Sorry, but the wife had her camera set to black and white this am

Spnding a little time watching welding videos, and one suggestion was to practice hand motions to improve weld patterns. Once the machine is dialed in, the difficult part for me is control and staying consistent and straight. I guess this is why they suggest practice.

I do not practice enough, so I'm resolutioning today to do so.

Enjoy your day folks
Attached Thumbnails DTR's Brakeroom- Stop in and say Hey! Jan 21-27, 2018-0124181547-1024x576-1.jpg   DTR's Brakeroom- Stop in and say Hey! Jan 21-27, 2018-0124181547c-1024x576-1.jpg   DTR's Brakeroom- Stop in and say Hey! Jan 21-27, 2018-0124181547d-600x1067.jpg   DTR's Brakeroom- Stop in and say Hey! Jan 21-27, 2018-daf5e5b92e655b32318003387a78f9fe-teas-tea-cup-tea.jpg  
Old 01-25-2018, 08:38 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Thanks Marc for the coffee. Watch out, feeding the old burned stuff to the dragon could be construed as cruelty to animals and PETA will come after you.

NJTman, those welds are not bad. Better than mine. Need some welding done here at home, so want to come and practice here?
Question, is that last picture a self portrait?
Old 01-25-2018, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Thanks Marc for the coffee. Watch out, feeding the old burned stuff to the dragon could be construed as cruelty to animals and PETA will come after you.

NJTman, those welds are not bad. Better than mine. Need some welding done here at home, so want to come and practice here?
Question, is that last picture a self portrait?
Thanks... Yeah, they're okay, but I would still like to be better, hence the practice pillar I made. Each day, I get the chance, I'll keep adding to the pillar. My problem is nervousness. I have no idea why, but I feel apprehensive, which when I'm not concentrated on keeping straight, I veer off line, or move too fast, or too slow through the puddle.

Yes it is. I grow a beard every winter to keep the mug warm while outdoors, as I spend as much time possible under the sun, or while clearing snow for my customers.

Spring comes around and I lose the facial hair, but keep the monkey look.
Old 01-25-2018, 12:15 PM
Admin Team Leader

Hot stock pot of Vegetable Beef Soup on the stove and some fresh baked sourdough bread to go with it for lunch. Whack off a couple slices with Stan's Machete he left in here and get a bowl soup to go with it. Real butter, light butter and margarine in the fridge, name your own poison.

2 extra loaves of bread on the cooling rack....I know how you guys like your bread
Old 01-25-2018, 12:58 PM

Whoa Lary, yuh dun extra gud with this spread. Bad timing because I have been invited out for lunch. Will try a bit of everything anyway. Yum, gud! Just as well that I am on the Mexican meal schedule because lunch is still two hours away (we eat at about 15:00 today) and that will give my stomach time to digest some of this delicious food.

Left the machete there on purpose. Will drop by every now and then and keep it razor sharp. I always keep an extra 24" machete behind the seat in my truck. Cut myself twice on it reaching for stuff behind the seat so was forced to install a guard on the sharp edge. Just slit a length of 3"8" plastic tubing and hold it on with a bungee cord. Always forget that the machete is behind the seat, but remember it every time I cross the border and have often wondered what the border patrol would say if they searched the truck and found it. Would that be considered as transporting a dangerous weapon across the border?
Old 01-25-2018, 09:36 PM

Just read an interesting article. It is not exactly diesel, but some of you may find it interesting;

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/01...-has-a-future/
Old 01-26-2018, 07:38 AM
Admin Team Leader

Good Morning Folks Hot coffee and phoo ready and fresh apple fritters in the warming oven. Come and get it!

Quick Reply: DTR's Brakeroom- Stop in and say Hey! Jan 21-27, 2018