Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Old/New month breakroom 1/28-2/3

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 10:53 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Old/New month breakroom 1/28-2/3

Old month ending and a new one beginning this week. Are we having fun yet?
Brought in some left overs from Kava's Samoan pancake house. Plenty to go around.
Starting the week at -12°. It won't get above zero again. Way below normal for this time of year. Yet not long ago we where way above normal. Went out to the house yesterday. Still there and not froze up. Too cold to do much.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:26 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Pancakes were cold but tasty thanks!

A hot pot full of Hot Buttered Rum mix and hot water on the stove.... Dig in IF you are of legal age
Old 01-28-2018, 10:30 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Thought I would stop in a say hi while heading to bed. Son and family from Seattle here for a week, so busy with them. This afternoon, wife and I went out in garage to take her back to her sister's house. Opened the garage door, put car in reverse and check both mirrors and camera - - suddenly noticed someone beside my driver window and a vehicle in the driveway. Here stood our grandson from Tulsa looking in the car window at me. Had come down for his step father's mother's funeral. He just now left (11:30pm), so running trying to wrap up the house for the night.

Be good and someone put some good ph00 on in the morning if you beat me into the breakroom.
Old 01-29-2018, 06:18 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Whoa!
Thats Rum ?
Old 01-29-2018, 06:19 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
As requested, ph00 and coffee is hot and fresh

My wife loves the beach and has been talking about taking a trip to the beach for a while now. On Saturday morning she woke up and wanted to leave the next day, so on Sunday we took my truck and drove to Acapulco. A long drive but very scenic once we got into the big mountains. Have an altimeter in the truck and drove that needle all the way up to 9,800 feet and now at almost zero because it is at sea level. The only problem with the trip was having to drive through Mexico City. Hate driving there, but as it was a Sunday it was not too bad.

Off to enjoy myself. See yuh.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:14 AM

Wow - - just looked at watch - - noon all ready. Grabbing a ph00 and be right back.

OK - back. Running behind original planned schedule. Son and family wanted to go to our favorite little "Breakfast Cottage" three block from our home. So, the six of us went out for breaky. Marian is with her sister - - sad. They loved it, especially the banana/walnut pancakes - - they are a meal. Kids ate all their blueberry pancakes - - loved them Had fun. Then, had to work on the glass door slat drapes that one of the twins broke cuz she would not listen to instructions. Grrr. Still had fun. Now working on the VHS player - - has not been used in years, but have some great kid films. So, trying to revive the dead for them to enjoy. They are all off to play with the dolphins and other sea creatures at the aquarium. That should keep them busy for a while so I can get some work done.

Refill and get back to work - -

I'm jealous, Stan - - I like Acapulco.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:41 AM

UUUHHHH, did I miss a day somewhere? No one was here yesterday. .............................(oh yeh, neither was I - - - hmmm????)

OK, no excuses today. Fresh ph00, coffee, tea, orange juice on the counter including a big pot of apple/raisin/brown sugar oatmeal, bacon, scrambled eggs, raisin toast with apple butter or other Smokie Mountain jams. Come and get it.

Off to keep the twins entertained. ..............................

Bob
Old 01-31-2018, 08:46 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Mmmm Bacon!

Had my CDL medical exam, even though I don't have a CDL, and while I'm there, the doc tells me according to federal standards, I'm obese. Yeah, I'm 15 to 20 lbs overweight, but that's to keep my wife away from me for sex

Oatmeal, 2 hard boiled eggs, a cup of green tea with honey.

Exciting!

Enjoy the day, folks
Attached Thumbnails Old/New month breakroom 1/28-2/3-26371i6f414091cd5e8bdf.jpeg  
Old 01-31-2018, 09:08 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Mmmmm thanks for breakfast Bob!

I have to get that spare shirt out of my office I spilled jam all over the front of the one I am wearing but it shore wassss goooood!
Old 02-02-2018, 08:04 AM

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,576 Posts
Hellooo.
Let the dragon out and threw on a pot of coffee for you guys.
Having a black tea with Maple syrup and I am off.
I didn't bring any snacks because you all seem to be dieting...
The weather here has been pretty nice and warm. I even saw the sun come out a few times in the past few days.
Old 02-02-2018, 10:30 AM

6 more weeks of winter for you, we get it anyway.
-15° (not wind chill), 40mph winds with 55mph gusts. Been so windy my TV antenna got turned 90°. Heading for Sheboygan Sunday for 3 weeks of fun on a Caravan. Of course, the weather here is supposed to start warming up.
Sorry Stan, I always chuckle when people say "big mountains".
Old 02-02-2018, 09:45 PM

Received 2,392 Likes on 1,576 Posts
I poured out the burned coffee and turned off the lights in the break room.

Maybe the late crew from up in the North Pole with turn them back on in a few hours...
Old 02-03-2018, 10:10 AM

Another week in the books. Wow, went too fast. Had so much fun with son and family. Those twins are a mess - - 4yo. The girl is the leader and protector, the boy is the scientist - - amazing to watch the interaction. And the 9yo that had leukemia looks great and definitely has her personality back. Great to have them here for a week - just wish the wife could have been here with us, but they went over and visited them quit a bit.

Put a pot of ph00 on perchance someone might want a cup - - off to run belated errands. Then off to meet the police at the office building downtown. Have some vagrants that have made it home complete with a pickup topper that they use for -- - -uhhh, well, let's say naughty behavior. Double mattress there, then the topper goes over it, and two "ladies" climb in and invite the guys in 2 at a time right there in the alley. Amazing. Hang their clothes on the security fence, stack up their duffle bags with their clothes and hang out.

Gotta run and do belated errands. Have a gudurn..................
Old 02-03-2018, 11:55 AM

Another -15° morning, at least the wind has died down. Won't start warming up until tomorrow when I'm on the plane to Wisconsin. Then it turns cold down there.
Bob, they're just sharing body heat to keep warm in those freezing temperatures down there.
Back to packing, later.