Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR wet and windy breakroom 16 Sept - 22 Sept

Old 09-16-2018, 04:19 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
DTR wet and windy breakroom 16 Sept - 22 Sept

Hope nobody got any major damage from hurricane Florance I'm getting ready for the rain and little rain here in the mountains of WV.

The dragon came out from behind the door and looked a little scared got him calmed down fed and watered. Gave up on cleaning the pots for the coffee and phoo and just replaced them set them to start brewing at 6am and cracker barrel is dropping off breakfast about 7 yall stay safe

​​​​​​​Latter
Old 09-17-2018, 05:22 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Well, It's 6:15am, and I'm 15 minutes late, but I'm here. Don't see any dragon, so it must be in it's doggie bed somewhere....or out taking a wizz as that new dragon dog door I put in last month seems to fit well.

Breakfast must include BACON ! Set up some pans, and started cooking. Mom used to put it on a baking tin, and stick it in the oven. Good way to get the oven smelling like bacon but sounds weird, eh ?

Eggs, toast, butter, butter substitute, and 3 types of juices on the counter.

Me? I'm off to have my sonogram of my lower abdomen. Either the baby is due, or they're re-checking a spot on my liver found during a routine exam a year ago. They said, back then, these spots are common. Called it a "nodule". As long as it's not any bigger today, they then check it every few years. Looking at the prostate, bladder, and anything else in the general vicinity I'm sure. Maybe they'll even find that crayon I lost when I was 6 years old running down the stairs at moms house. We never did find that crayon, that day.

Hope everyone is well. Finally a nice couple days here.(no rain). Hot and muggy, but otherwise no rain till Tuesday, supposedly.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:13 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Well, regretfully we are back home. We were sitting in Virginia right on the coastline and watching what that stupid hurricane was doing. It was obvious it did not know what it was doing and that got too
dicey. At the time, it was heading just south of us - - we would be on the bad side of the storm. And, the wandering and no specific path made it a no brainer to not go to DC. So, cut everything up that way short and headed for the tree house in Sapphire Valley. BUT, it knew where we went and told everyone it was swinging a bit more south, then a bit west, then north thru Sapphire. DUH. It hates us. It wants to mess up our fun time. So, we packed back up and headed home. Got up at 6 this morning and unloaded the house of all the lanai furniture while it was a bit cooler. It is done, but still need to clean up out there. Also need to pressure clean the cage framing and pavers and re-sand the paver, then re-seal them. Been putting that off.

Doesn't seem like a whole bunch has gone on since we left. Made coffee and ph00, but have nothing in the house to add to it for goodies - - - sorry about that. Grocery shopping is on the list this morning. Looks like someone worked on the website and straightened it up a bit. Have not searched the whole thing, but looks neater.
L8R……………………………………….
Old 09-19-2018, 05:46 AM

Another day is about to dawn. Heading out to work while it is cooler. No one showed up yesterday after I made coffee and ph00. So, ph00ey, had to throw it all out. I will try again
and see what happens. So, fresh stuff is brewing. Come and get it. I am out getting sweaty and nasty working in the yard. Have a gudurn.

…..………………….…………………………...Ph00 - - - - - - - yawh00!!!!!
Old 09-19-2018, 06:42 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Good morning from Paradise where the day has not quite dawned yet. Thanks sweatyBob for the coffee. My sweat will start in a few hours when I go out to grease and wash my truck. May be wasting my time washing it because it has rained every night for over a week now which means that as soon as I hit the wet roads, it gets dirty again. Wet nights, but nice days, I like that.

Heading out early on Friday morning for a long drive up to northern Texas and will be there for a week. Changed the oil on my truck early in preparation for the trip. It was not quite due for an oil change, but would become due before I got back home again. Same for the grease job. It is not quite due, but due to all the rain we have had lately have been driving through lots of water, plus this long trip on Friday, so will do what I can to preserve my truck. Checked the brake pads and am pleasantly surprised to see that the rear pads still have quite a bit of life left and the discs are nice and smooth. These are original pads. The front was changed already, but getting close for another change. Yesterday had to go and get the bi-annual emissions check done. What a pain this is every 6 months! The check takes forever and for some reason the paperwork seems to take as long as the actual testing. Can always count on at least two hours wasted every time I go. My truck passed easily.

Oh-oh, my wife just returned early from her morning swim and she is mad. MAD!!!! The pool where she swims every morning has recently changed the pool personnel and they have no clue how to control the pool water temperature. This is the second day in a row where the water was too cold for anybody to swim. Last week one day the water was like a sauna. Pity the person at the other end of the phone in a few hours because the 6 people who swim early are all going to call and complain. Nobody swam this morning due to the cold water.

Better get off here and go and start my day.

Ciao.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:22 PM

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,568 Posts
Hello....anyone here?
Turning off the lights in the break room, tomorrow is another day.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:05 AM

Pot of coffee is on... ph00 as well for Bobby
It is pouring rain up here today. They are calling for an inch of rain today, which is good considering my dad called this morning to say his spring ran dry due to the dry summer and fall we have been having.
Rained out of my outdoor carpentry framing job today...looks like a good day for the dogs and me to work in the shop instead.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:29 PM

Hey, someone made ph00. Lonely around here. Dragon is quite upset.

Ph00...………………………….
Old 09-21-2018, 03:24 PM

Well the good news is my dad's spring is fine his water pump is junk...easy [cheap] fix.

Windy and raining with a fall like high of 58 today but with a frost warning from Sat-Monday nights.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:11 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Hi guys haven't been around much been busy among other things. Had another heart attack Tuesday night exactly like the one I had in March the culprit being both days I had Doc appt's and both times got a shot in my bum knee.
They claim that can't have any effect but while the first time was a coincidence, the second time we had a pattern. Been researching and have discovered it is rare but it does happen. So no more shots for me
Old 09-21-2018, 08:49 PM

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts
Cold .... wet ... rain/snow mix all day.

Top ... trust you will be able to heal up from your heart problems. It's funny how our bodies respond to different things and differently as we age.

My back is getting some what better ... only a little tightness down low on the right hand side... no more stabbing pains. But, I could rebuild my king pins and have zero pain ... then bend over and pick up the last tool to put away and not be able to straighten back up!!! Never can tell...

Went and priced a set of new tires (decent all-terrains) for the suburban today ... even on sale I'm looking around $1100 our the door. Gotta do something before true winter shows up.

Anyways, put on half pot coffee ... unleaded and tea kettle is boiling just in case anyone else drops in

SD
Old 09-22-2018, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Hi guys haven't been around much been busy among other things. Had another heart attack Tuesday night exactly like the one I had in March the culprit being both days I had Doc appt's and both times got a shot in my bum knee.
They claim that can't have any effect but while the first time was a coincidence, the second time we had a pattern. Been researching and have discovered it is rare but it does happen. So no more shots for me
UHHHH - - - Lary - -- - - heart attacks are not good things. STOP IT!!!!! Been missing you. Sorry to hear about your problems. The forum has been dead and missing you has not helped. Can sure relate to that experience - - - not fun at all. Watch that diet and exercise - - and take your pill like a good boy. LOL
Put on fresh pots of coffee and ph00 - - - Saturdays are usually dead, but maybe today will be different. Slowly catching up on my ToDoList - - - still way too many things on it. Someday I am going
to retire. :>)

……………….. ………………….Ph00...………...Yea