Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The DTR less crippled break room (9.5.10-9.11.10)

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 09:02 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Is that a sincere or sarcastic comment?
As sincere as possible. He is a formally trained Chef with 2 years of culinary school and 3 yrs on line. Never know what he is gonna come up with, but its always good.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:07 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Blake Clark
As sincere as possible. He is a formally trained Chef with 2 years of culinary school and 3 yrs on line. Never know what he is gonna come up with, but its always good.
I see. What time do you want us there?
Old 09-05-2010, 09:22 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I see. What time do you want us there?
Noon, otherwise you might miss out....

Better hurry.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:32 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Man, is it raining where I am!!!! Can see the campground swimming pool through the RV window and in the last 2 hours it has risen about 6 or 7 inches. Hope the rain stops soon or the roads are going to become even more flooded and trap me here tomorrow.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
G'day DTRonians. All is well here and it rained again last night. Going to rain another inch or better tonight, followed by yet another inch or more tomorrow and then we get a one day break with more rain on Weds. This is crazy.

Hey Stan, is the great flood coming? 40 days and nights?

Cooking...MMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmEAT. I am slow cooking a buffalo roast for my mom today and she is coming over to watch her favorite football team. Her and my step-father watched every game for a couple of decades til he past on two yrs ago. Mom needs some company to watch these games sometimes. Wife and daughter left town for a little get away and to watch fireworks from their hotel...and to swim. Got a text from my wife last night that Maddi swam all by herself for the first time last night.
I am cooking them their favorite feta cheese baked chicken. I have fresh garden potatoes and peaches and cream corn on the cob as well as a home grown garden salad for them!
MmmmmmmmmmmEAT.

Worked my first day back yesterday. Went well. Leg is sore but I am off today and tomorrow and maybe Tues as I am supposed to start physio...3 hr session first thing in the a.m. four days a week. I will not be going to work after these sessions as I know what the doc has in store for me...and I am looking forward to it. Just really glad I do not have a manual trans truck.

Enjoy the day...AlTeReD PhO00 B GoOd 4 u

Old 09-05-2010, 09:48 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Originally Posted by Scotty
Hey Stan, is the great flood coming? 40 days and nights?
I suspect that I am a few days ahead of you as it has already started down here.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
I suspect that I am a few days ahead of you as it has already started down here.
Its been raining here since May...I just found out we have received over 20" of rain...normal is 6. Large doses of heavy rain all spring and summer.

We get 2-4 days of sun...then lots of rain. I think that 20" is conservative when I add up all the days we received 3" and lots of 1-2" rains in less then an hour.

Lots of roads and bridges either washed out or severely compromised from this.
Crops failed etc etc.

We're gonna need a bigger boat.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:02 AM

A short while ago my wife was asking about the ability of my fiver to handle a flooded road. Told here that if the worst came to the worst that if I drove really slowly that I could handle a foot of water, but do not want to do that.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:24 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mornin. OL just made some homemade pecan waffles with homemade blueberry syrup.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:28 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as i sit here eating wasabi peanuts and drinking water. and my hubby wonders why nothing kills me. cast iron stomach, no sinus problems...

installed 6/3 wire for new to me electric stove. met some bikers from Buffalo and found 17 new friends. and good food! they even loaded up the stove on the one ton as the dump box is still in it. i did the womanly thing and cleaned their refrigerator they just bought for the clubhouse. life is still good out there guys. running heavy wire through existing walls, is not. but it is done and on to other things much easier.

Stan, really hope things drain! be safe! never assume. I am on dive rescue team. New thought for the Day: pick a campground you don't mind getting stuck in. yikes.

Madson, pecan waffles and no PT can be hazardous to your waistline! tee hee

did the legal paperwork stuff, gotta get the garden products in. rain, 60 degrees here. NYS Festival of Ballons weekend in town. about 80 hot air ballons- all grounded by the weather. was in the 90s all week, will warm up tuesday. big money maker for the town and groups. not this year. miss seeing the ballons go over the house, forest, up the valley.

alright Blake- enjoy!! Scotty has buffalo, mmm; Matt! we have to cook!
Old 09-05-2010, 11:36 AM

morning.

umm.. i have nothing to report. i plan on doing nothing today.. lol
Old 09-05-2010, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Stan, really hope things drain! be safe! never assume. I am on dive rescue team. New thought for the Day: pick a campground you don't mind getting stuck in. yikes.!
This is a great campground to get stuck in. Looking out the living room window of my fiver and all I see is surf and palm trees. Heading out later to have a meal of fresh caught (not imported) and cooked local fish.
Life is rough - not!
Old 09-05-2010, 12:23 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

1877 - Sioux chief Crazy Horse was killed by the bayonet of a U.S. soldier.
The chief allegedly resisted confinement to a jail cell. He also refused to learn English. Told ya ther are tools that will do it.
What is Satan's last name---His name is Mister Butterworth
Old 09-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good afternoon...... Finished fabricating a tool box mount for the front of my car hauler and finished beating the fender back out straight with my body tools.

Now I am grinding and removing paint and rust getting it ready to paint the trailer...got to love the red dust every where Hopefully I will have it ready for paint by next week

Feels good NOT to be working for a change
Old 09-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Afternoon.

Thanks, Heidi. I appreciate that...

Good to see you, Lary...

Quick Reply: The DTR less crippled break room (9.5.10-9.11.10)