Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   The DTR less crippled break room (9.5.10-9.11.10) (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/dtr-less-crippled-break-room-9-5-10-9-11-10-a-276682/)

Red3quarter 09-04-2010 11:06 PM

The DTR less crippled break room (9.5.10-9.11.10)

Evening DTR

Time to start the new one. Got some very ornary donuts, a fresh pot of BP crude, and some good tea, sweet tea and ph00.

jbjarko 09-04-2010 11:08 PM

Good title Matt:)

Red3quarter 09-04-2010 11:11 PM

its 2310 here but we have to cater to those on the eastern time zones.

jbjarko 09-04-2010 11:13 PM

I suppose we do.

Just sent my lil' cousin a text, asking if he wants to go shooting in the AM. Can't be sure he ever has. I was all, picking you up at 0600 - his reply? In the morning?!?!?! Yes lil one, in the morning.

madhat 09-04-2010 11:48 PM

Hey, fellas. I was thinking something like this title. Sorry, I was out messing with the kegerator. Something's not right... Beer still tastes good. Gonna have to fool with it, I think the tap guts is messed up. This is a cheap piece of gear, don't buy danby.

JOSH!!! Dang it boy!! Make me edit you! I've banned people for less than that!

Watching Patriot with Mel... Love that movie.

jbjarko 09-04-2010 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by madhat (Post 2835336)
Hey, fellas. I was thinking something like this title. Sorry, I was out messing with the kegerator. Something's not right... Beer still tastes good. Gonna have to fool with it, I think the tap guts is messed up. This is a cheap piece of gear, don't buy danby.

JOSH!!! Dang it boy!! Make me edit you! I've banned people for less than that!

Watching Patriot with Mel... Love that movie.

Sorry, sorry. We even had this conversation on Thursday. Sorry bud.

And that is a great movie.

madhat 09-05-2010 12:05 AM

Naw, man, I was just busting your Bjarko... I would not treat a friend bad, I know you were just flowing with the keyboard... what do you think I am, some sort of power tripping net nazi? [laugh]

jbjarko 09-05-2010 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by madhat (Post 2835342)
Naw, man, I was just busting your Bjarko... I would not treat a friend bad, I know you were just flowing with the keyboard... what do you think I am, some sort of power tripping net nazi? [laugh]

Ya never know. I was flowing with the beer. [duhhh] Some more music, more words in my book, some more beer, then bed. Gotta be up earlyyy!

Jb

Bark 09-05-2010 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by madhat (Post 2835336)
HJOSH!!! Dang it boy!! Make me edit you!

Dang it, I keep missing the good stuff:(.
That does it. Cant sleep tonight. tomorrow, I get a six pack of the good stuff. Its bad enough being 55, fat and lazy without having to go a week without a beer. --edit--Sigh, thanks to another post of madhat's I will go with my original schedule and wait another day. If our guys can do without, another day wont kill me.

Its raining here, I have a metal roof and a warm bed. Cant get much better.

Totallyrad 09-05-2010 02:33 AM

No rain here, no metal roof either, just can't sleep. Not feeling the best, sinuses are kicking still, throat hurts, same crap. Matt, the new breakroom may be less gimpy but that hasn't changed the mental outlook for this week.[laugh] Oh well, what can I say, I post my butt off in here too![redface][laugh][laugh]

Mexstan 09-05-2010 06:59 AM

Good morning boys and girls. Still on vacation on the coast where it is pouring. Had floods yesterday from the extremely heavy rain the night before and when we went for a drive yesterday saw some locals swimming in a flooded portion of the road. Other roads had become fast moving rivers. Another road that we have used recently had a large fast flowing river now running directly across it and was impassible, even with my big tires. Leaving to go home tomorrow and hope that we can get out of here and not get trapped by the rain and floods. May be a long drive as I will have to take it slow due to the many new holes that the rain has opened in the roads and will not be able to see due to them being water covered. On the bright side, the sound of heavy rain on the RV roof is very nice.

chaikwa 09-05-2010 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bark (Post 2835365)
Its raining here, I have a metal roof and a warm bed. Cant get much better.

You got that right!

Morning.

It's Sunday, September 5th.

On this day in 1774 - The first session of the U.S. Continental Congress convenes in Philadelphia. The delegates drafted a declaration of rights and grievances, organized the Continental Association, and elected Peyton Randolph as the first president of the Continental Congress.

1836 - Sam Houston was elected as the first president of the Republic of Texas.

1877 - Sioux chief Crazy Horse was killed by the bayonet of a U.S. soldier. The chief allegedly resisted confinement to a jail cell.

1881 - The American Red Cross provided relief for disaster for the first time. The disaster was the Great Fire of 1881 in Michigan.

1882 - The first U.S. Labor Day parade was held in New York City.

1914 - The Battle of the Marne began. The Germans, British and French fought for six days killing half a million people.

1939 - The U.S. proclaimed its neutrality in World War II.

1945 - Iva Toguri D'Aquino was arrested. D'Aquino was suspected of being the wartime radio propagandist "Tokyo Rose". She served six years before being pardoned by U.S. President Ford.

1961 - The U.S. government made airline hijacking a federal offense.

1990 - Iraqi President Saddam Hussein urged for a Holy War against the West and former allies.

1991 - Soviet lawmakers created an interim government to usher in the confederation after dissolving the U.S.S.R. The new name the Union of Sovereign States was taken.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
What is Satan's last name?

Blake Clark 09-05-2010 07:47 AM

Morning Yall

Its in the 60's here. We had a cool front come through. Feels like heaven. Makes me want to cook a gumbo.

Today is a lazy day. Going to Lafayette in a bit do some shopping with the wife, then A's birthday part at 1300. BIL is coming over tonite to cook supper, that is always a treat.

Yall take care now ya hear.

Mexstan 09-05-2010 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by chaikwa (Post 2835391)
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
What is Satan's last name?

Now why would you want to know that? [duhhh]
Do YOU know the answer? Is this a joke? He has many, many names, all of which are one word.

chaikwa 09-05-2010 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Blake Clark (Post 2835404)
Its in the 60's here. We had a cool front come through. Feels like heaven.

Cool here too, 50ish when I got up. About 60 now.

Originally Posted by Blake Clark (Post 2835404)
BIL is coming over tonite to cook supper, that is always a treat.

Is that a sincere or sarcastic comment? [laugh]

Originally Posted by Mexstan (Post 2835407)
Now why would you want to know that?

It's on my 'thought for the day' list.

Do YOU know the answer

If I did, I wouldn'ta asked it!

Is this a joke?

Nope.

He has many, many names, all of which are one word.

Then the answer is he doesn't have a last name?

Went to the saw SHED this morning. No bees! That was a surprise. I figured it'd be loaded with them as I haven't touched it all summer. Found a mouse nest in the cooling fins of the motor tho. I'll hafta introduce it to 'Hurricane Scott' before I operate it I guess.

Going to saw some white oak this morning and maybe a little hickory, get the bugs worked out of it before I run the kids class next month. Would be rather embarrassing to get 30 kids out here to see how a mill operates only to have it NOT operate!