Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR Coffee, Tea, Ph00, Sheep, LEGGS, Nonsense for Jan 23 - 29 right here

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 04:40 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
DTR Coffee, Tea, Ph00, Sheep, LEGGS, Nonsense for Jan 23 - 29 right here

OK gang - - here we go with dribble for another week. Have fun - - all the good stuff is fresh and hot with fresh baking nanner bread under the covered dish on the counter - - dragon is asleep - - no Canuck up this early - - so - -
ENJOY - - have a gudurn.

Bob
Old 01-23-2011, 05:26 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Morning Bob. Looks like nobody else is up - again. Thanks for making the coffee and setting out the goodies. Hope that you are getting over all that has been ailing you lately.
Off this morning with a group that want to set up a new English speaking church down here, so that will be interesting. Then lunch at a nice restaurant with friends later.
Y'all have good day - when you finally get up.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:44 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, the two old timers are up early! Either their Depends were leakin' or it's time for their Geritol.

15 below here this morning. That's the coldest I've seen it here since my arrival in 2001. I do not like it. When I go outside my nose sticks together when I breath in.

Today is Sunday, January 23rd.

On this day in 1789 - Georgetown College was established as the first Catholic college in the U.S. The school is in Washington, DC.

1845 - The U.S. Congress decided all national elections would be held on the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November.

1849 - English-born Elizabeth Blackwell became the first woman in America to receive medical degree. It was from the Medical Institution of Geneva, NY.

1907 - Charles Curtis, of Kansas, began serving in the United States Senate. He was the first American Indian to become a U.S. Senator. He resigned in March of 1929 to become U.S. President Herbert Hoover’s Vice President.

1920 - The Dutch government refused the demands from the Allies to hand over the ex-kaiser of Germany.

1937 - In Moscow, seventeen people went on trial during Josef Stalin's "Great Purge."

1943 - The British captured Tripoli from the Germans.

1960 - The U.S. Navy bathyscaphe Trieste descended to a record depth of 35,820 feet (10,750 meters) in the Pacific Ocean.

1964 - Ratification of the 24th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution was completed. This amendment eliminated the poll tax in federal elections.

1968 - North Korea seized the U.S. Navy ship Pueblo, charging it had intruded into the nation's territorial waters on a spying mission. The crew was released 11 months later.

1971 - In Prospect Creek Camp, AK, the lowest temperature ever recorded in the U.S. was reported as minus 80 degrees.

1973 - U.S. President Nixon announced that an accord had been reached to end the Vietnam War.

1975 - "Barney Miller" made his debut on ABC-TV.

1977 - The TV mini-series "Roots," began airing on ABC. The show was based on the Alex Haley novel.

1989 - Surrealist artist Salvador Dali died in Spain at age 84.

2001 - A van used by the remaining two fugitives of the "Texas 7" was recovered in Colorado Springs, CO. A few hours later police surrounded a hotel where the convicts were hiding. Patrick Murphy Jr. and Donald Newbury were taken into custody the next morning without incident.

2002 - John Walker Lindh returned to the U.S. under FBI custody. Lindh was charge with conspiring to kill U.S. citizens, providing support to terrorists and engaging in prohibited transactions with the Taliban while a member of the al-Quaida terrorist organization in Afghanistan.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Why isn't 'phonetic' spelled the way it sounds?

The coffee POURS... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE???
Old 01-23-2011, 05:57 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Wow, the two old timers are up early! Either their Depends were leakin' or it's time for their Geritol.

15 below here this morning. That's the coldest I've seen it here since my arrival in 2001. I do not like it. When I go outside my nose sticks together when I breath in.
Hey kid, watch it! Havn't you read many news items that you don't mess with old timers or else you could get hurt! Keep this up and I will sic Bob on to you. In any case I don't see myself as an old timer. Don't need Depends or Geritol and take zero meds.

Temps of minus 15 is why I left Canada to move to Paradise. Do NOT enjoy the snow, the shoveling, the cold, the shoveling, the nose sticking together, the shoveling, the shoveling ............
Old 01-23-2011, 06:35 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Hey kid, watch it! Havn't you read many news items that you don't mess with old timers or else you could get hurt! Keep this up and I will sic Bob on to you. In any case I don't see myself as an old timer. Don't need Depends or Geritol and take zero meds.

Temps of minus 15 is why I left Canada to move to Paradise. Do NOT enjoy the snow, the shoveling, the cold, the shoveling, the nose sticking together, the shoveling, the shoveling ............
It all makes sense...the odors in the breakroom, the strange behavior. See a doc please Stan. You got InDependence mixed up with In Depends.
Now I am wondering about the stains on your driveway...wonder what that REALLY was.

Bobby, mornin' from up here where it went from -33 and is heading for plus 32 today. I better call the toll free sample line to Depends and get Stan a new batch. PHEW!

Off to work again...altered, tampered and rearranged the Pho00 and the room.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today is Sunday, January 23rd.

On this day in 1907 - Charles Curtis, of Kansas, began serving in the United States Senate. He was the first American Indian to become a U.S. Senator. He resigned in March of 1929 to become U.S. President Herbert Hoover’s Vice President.
I'm related to this guy on my dad's side ... even named my 3rd son after him.

Morning all ... and a happy Sunday to you as well. Took the kids to the planetarium yesterday ... first time for them snd they loved it. Now they all want their bedrooms re-done with a domed ceiling .

Off to read the levity of DTR !!

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 01-23-2011, 07:52 AM
DTR Mom

HEY Good Looking guys!!! so nice to see bright and early!!

avoided checking out Canuck's LEGGS though, I am a married woman.

a balmy 2 degrees here, salamander is on in the barn and hubby and I are going to put on a receiver hitch for the 08 liberty. 6 bolts and done. wow, sure an improvement from the 70s! son supposed to come down later too. happy, happy, joy, joy!

off to play!! Have a GREAT week DTR lookers!
Old 01-23-2011, 08:18 AM
Urban Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Minus 15 and a high of 32, I’m not even going to comment on the balmy 2. It all just makes me cold thinking about it. No wonder some of you northern folks thinking is messed up.
I’ve got some self leveling calk warming to room temp, and plan to re-calk the seams on my hunting trailer. That will be after I finish this pot of coffee.
The high here today should be around 60.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:09 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mornin, everyone. Thanks Fiver for starting the breakroom, and like Stan said, I hope you're feeling better.

For all the cold weather moans... Yuma is great this time if year. I'm watching the news right now, they're saying that it's record breaking cold...

Gonna try not to be too lazy today.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:38 AM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Mornin' All!

Quit whining. It could always be worse. (see Below)

1971 - In Prospect Creek Camp, AK, the lowest temperature ever recorded in the U.S. was reported as minus 80 degrees.
-45*F here this AM. My clutch pedal was as stiff as my brake pedal.

I'm with you on this one. Why is it still pouring? I sharpened my knife last night just to be sure I could slice off a cup today...
Old 01-23-2011, 10:12 AM
REALLY old dog

MORNING FELLOW DTRotarions>

Sunny blue skies balmy temps - great weather to get things done

WELL A FRIEND & I GOT MY kenwood 820S repaired and it works just wonderful on all frequencies !
we checked in to the Upper peninsula pre-net with it and got great signal reports from all over Mich. & Wisconsin on 75 Meters .

Been out & about since 7:45 this morning - slept in

I`m not a great foot ball fan so I`ll be on the radio while you are watching the game today !

YE`ALL HAVE A GOOD ONE
Claude
73`s
Old 01-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Morning, again.

Working on a mailbox project... Guinness for breakfast...
Old 01-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Morning Bob. Looks like nobody else is up - again. Thanks for making the coffee and setting out the goodies. Hope that you are getting over all that has been ailing you lately.
Off this morning with a group that want to set up a new English speaking church down here, so that will be interesting.
You can't get these young whiper snappers to do anything right, much less get out of bed at a decent hour. Good luck with the new church.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Why isn't 'phonetic' spelled the way it sounds?

OLD TIMERS??? OLD TIMERS??? Ya know what, you ain't that far behind me, rascal. Hey, Marc, correct me if I am wrong, but I think I read that the temps on Denali (Mt. McKinley) reach beyond -100. And, Denali is in the US.

Originally Posted by madhat
Mornin, everyone. Thanks Fiver for starting the breakroom, and like Stan said, I hope you're feeling better.
Definitely doing better, Mad. Crazee what some of these meds can do to a person. Every day seems a bit less bothersome and pain. One more month and we re-evaluate where I am and make decisions.

Good church this morning, nice lunch with the BIL and then they head back to the chilly north country tomorrow - - been here a month. The new company arrives Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. Be here a week. Then we pack up the fiver and find a hole in the forest and disappear - - just the two of us - - and re-introduce ourselves.

OK, football. See ya,

Bob
Old 01-23-2011, 02:29 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Glad you're feeling better, Bob. I know how the little pain I have makes me feel... I can only imagine what it's like to be a million years old...
Old 01-23-2011, 02:33 PM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Hey, Marc, correct me if I am wrong, but I think I read that the temps on Denali (Mt. McKinley) reach beyond -100. And, Denali is in the US.
Plenty of places out here that have seen colder than the "official" record lows.

It really doesn't matter once your past -45*F

Quick Reply: DTR Coffee, Tea, Ph00, Sheep, LEGGS, Nonsense for Jan 23 - 29 right here