Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

DTR Chat room 9/27-10/3/2015

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 09:31 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
I tried a couple of butter knives once. Bit, then flashed pretty good and blew the only fuse in the house.

Spankin' hurt worse than the shock.

Think I'll go out and gaze at what's left of the moon.
I bounced of the wall of the hallway and splattered my pant legs with the tweezer tips.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Been busy with corn harvest.
Had to go up a bin to adjust drive belts on an auger. Hauled a chain up with me to wrap around the hatch for something to hook my feet into. A 6 inch long piece of angle iron don't do it and there is no ring around the top to stand on.
Wanted to do a modified Chris Farley fat man in a little coat but don't think the boss or his dad would have got it.
Smoke free facility here. So people walk across the street to smoke. And it's blowing right in my winder.
Went up to Gering last weekend. Had to service an amigo front wheel bearing in the Napa parking lot. Need to service the other now. Rotated tires last night took a lot of vibration out of the wheel.
Walked part of the Oregon trail through Mitchell Pass. It was clear enough to see Laramie Peak 125 miles distant.
First time in nearly 5 years I spent 2 nights away from home.
Old 09-28-2015, 05:43 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Morning. Running already.
There is virtually no coffee, ph00 or grub so far this morning.
Bye.
Old 09-28-2015, 06:53 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning all. Hope some got a good view of the blood moon last night. I was quite disgusted - - I got a glimpse of it thru the clouds just as it covered up but had not turned color yet - - then more clouds. grrrrr.

OK, coffee and ph00 are on since "others" only grumbled, but would not make any. ............................

Had a great visit with Rick yesterday. Neat meeting people you have talked with on the forum, but never eyeballed with them. I now more about tractors, bulldozers, haulers and how to do than I ever thought I would know. We had fun. Thanks for taking the time to come see us, Rick.

OK, running late today, so off to make myself some oatmeal and get on with my day. Wife's 2nd cousin just had a major stroke. Big hunk of guy, 6'7" and strong - - would never believe at 50 years old this would happen. They just moved him up to a rehab center here in Sarasota. He can now move his arms, but that is it. He can't understand why he is in "this hotel" and why they have him immobilized. Sad. He does recognize family, but not understanding current conditions. Needs prayer for full recovery.

Me gone,

Bob
Old 09-28-2015, 07:40 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
I saw the beginning of the eclipse, the beginning of totality, about 1/2 hour of "blood moon", and the end of totality. I'm sure there's about a gazillion pictures on the web to be seen.

Dr. O'Bryan (thedr.com) tells of a patient, a strong, extremely fit man in his late 40's, that was concerned because his father and a brother had died of heart attacks in their early 50's. The Dr. ran Cyrex Laboratories array #5 blood test, and found that he had high antibodies against his own heart. Further testing found the source of the hyperactivity as foods, mostly gluten. Cleaning up the diet rectified the situation.

If you analyze the current "epidemics" the common denominator is autoimmune problems. Put in that context, autoimmune disorders are the #1 killer in this country. Most of the trouble comes from our chemical and pesticide laced food supply, along with some that have occurred with "advancements" in genetics, like gluten.

Unfortunately, most doctors have no idea that Cyrex Labs even exists. It is the only lab in this country, maybe the world, that does comprehensive testing for autoimmune problems. The rest are all partial or hit and miss. You can get a catalog and a brochure to hand to your doctor from their lab site.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:37 AM

Credit Suisse, One of the worlds leading financial services providers, has recently published a report "Fat, the New Health Paradigm". Eighty some pages, analyzing 400 or more mostly medical papers on the subject along with tons of market research. Very interesting read for sure.

Basically your average doctor is 20 years or more behind the 8 ball on current research.

For instance, high cholesterol has a weak statistical link to increased CV disease. It has a much stronger statistical link to REDUCED dementia, cancer, and other aging problems. The body makes cholesterol. It is key to many hormones, and also many maintenance functions in the body.

I think the only reason the use of statin drugs can be linked, albeit weakly, to reduced CV disease is not that they reduce cholesterol, but that they also have fairly strong anti-inflamatory action.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:59 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Still depressed. Told the OL it must be from a lack of sunshine. It has been rather dark and dismal around here lately. Told her I need a SAD light. What does she do? She goes into the storage room and comes back with a box. In it was the Lava Lamp I had before we got married. Now I'm really depressed.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:33 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Here's a little sunshine to cougar those SAD lamps work if seasonal affective disorder gets to you.

Back out to building tome stones for the howloween set up
Old 09-28-2015, 12:14 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ahhhhh Swiss Chalet......mmmmm chicken done right before perdue.

All the Heavenly best to you both TG and Scottynicecleantruck.....

TG, found a mixed pepper blend for a pork roast.........oh that was guuuuuud!!!
the kind that brings people in wondering what smells so wonderful.
used garbonzo beans, tomaters, onions and garlic for a side dish instead of potatoes. came out nice. faxing samples.....

blood moon eclipse was cool, so glad it was early instead of 2AM thingy...

deer were watching me- why doesn't she get back inside and watch tv?

time to baby my truck, steps (much needed) and seat covers.

Cougar, heheh, on the web is a site for SAD needed lighting right from the computer screen. if you feel up to it.......lava lamp was funny effort though

ok off to pick a project
Old 09-28-2015, 12:32 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Puts Grateful Dead on the stereo and hands cougar a joint....before plugging in his lava lamp and leaving him to his thoughts
Old 09-28-2015, 02:47 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Maybe i need that Rx. Having lots of trouble sleeping. Last night, maybe an hour. Night before, maybe 3. Thinking Benedryl and Devils Cut for supper tonight. That ought to make for a really fun day of computer training tomorrow in Frankfort. 5 hours round trip for 4 hour class. What fun!
Old 09-28-2015, 02:58 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hooka, Lava Lamp, In a goddadAvida [SP?]

ThAT shOuLd Wer K ..rEalLee

welaL?
Old 09-28-2015, 06:14 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Hooka, Lava Lamp, In a goddadAvida [SP?]

ThAT shOuLd Wer K ..rEalLee

welaL?
You have me worried, boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..........................
Old 09-28-2015, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
You have me worried, boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..........................
No worries Bob, he gets dangerous when he's coherent.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:34 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
found out that a warm shock top spiced banana wheat beer will make you sedate as you ponder the trip to the bathroom....... faxing one now....

Quick Reply: DTR Chat room 9/27-10/3/2015