Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The DTR breakroom, Jan 14 - 20

Old 01-19-2018, 07:39 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Thanks for breakfast Bob!--

Off to the hospital to see my Mom in law, she is having tough times of her own 87 years young and they have to do a heart valve replacement...I hate it for the old gal she is the best mother in law a guy could ever have.

Say a prayer if you would, she could sure use them right now.
Good thoughts heading mom in laws (MIL)way, from the great, stinky pit of NJ.

I just lost the greatest MIL a guy could ever have a few months back at 86. I never realized what an integral part of my life she was until she was gone. May your MIL have a speedy recovery, and many, many more moons to drive you crazy, as they're so willing to do

Best to your wife as well, as I'm sure it's tougher on her than you would think.

T.
Old 01-19-2018, 01:50 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow, some traffic in here today - - - more like old times. Grab a cup of "coffee" (no ph00 today - - b00)...................and catch up.

Sorry about your scuffles, Marc. Nasty stuff. Happens way too quick.

You guys reminiscing about loosing loved ones hit me in the gut as we go thru the process of watching the wife's sis steadily going downhill each day. More sleep every day and less keeping up with what is happening around her. She is a sweety and going to miss her. My kids and grandkids are not liking it at all - - she was a wonderful and loving aunt to them. She baby sat our kids after school for many years, so they know her well.

Gotta run - - been doing electrical repairs on the sis-in-laws house all morning. Next Monday have to get in attic and pull a new line thru and wire it into the service panel in a new breaker. Reduce the load on one circuit. Then fix the garbage disposal - - and clothes dryer - - and rewire the microwave service - - and fix the back door so roaches can't get in -- and fix the overhead door. Let's see - - oh my goodness, just looked at my "Get to Do" list for our place. Horrors - - it was sitting on top of the list for our office building. Hmmm, do I hear Alaska calling? Somewhere up there warm this time of year? .....................................
Old 01-20-2018, 01:35 AM
DTR's "Cooler than ice cubes 14 miles North of North Pole" member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Wow, some traffic in here today - - - more like old times. Grab a cup of "coffee" (no ph00 today - - b00)...................and catch up.
Just a little bit of traffic is all.....

Evenin' all!
Not much going on up here right now but we are about to watch the thermometer head to the negative temps supposedly..... We'll see. The weather guessers have been off by a mile up here lately...

Coffee is on for anyone lurking around and brave enough.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:16 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by ofcmarc
Evenin' all!
Not much going on up here right now but we are about to watch the thermometer head to the negative temps supposedly..... We'll see. The weather guessers have been off by a mile up here lately...

Coffee is on for anyone lurking around and brave enough.
Morning Marc - - of course you won't get this until you rise and shine, 4hours behind me. Seeing you talk about your location reminds me of our trips to Alaska - - we made it a habit of stopping in NP several times each trip. Very nice RV park right on the river there - - and good fishing. Of course, it was not winter when we were there. Neat spots to wander to and enjoy. Great area. Have fun.

Putting on a fresh ph00 pot for the lovers of such flavours. End of another week. The sister-in-law is not doing well - - one lung is now inoperative and second one at about 70% requiring my wife to administer more morphine to make her relax and quite tensing up along with her anxiety pill. Then she sleeps most all night and day - - wakes up the piddle and eat - - then back to sleep. Tough on the wife having to watch her sister go down like this, but no one else to do the job. A labor of love - - the two of them are very close.

OK, grab my ph00, make some breakfast, then head over the SIL to see how all are doing this morning. .....................................have a gudurn.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:07 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Good Morning Folks fresh coffee to go with Bobs Phoo....Bisquits and gravy with some hickory smoked bacon on the counter, eggs in the fridge..cook em the way you like em!

Have a safe day y'all
Old 01-20-2018, 11:46 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Spent the day with the FAA along with a bunch of other poor mechanics. Yep, IA renewal. 8 hours of "every plane crash on the planet is you fault"!
The clouds have cleared, the rain has stopped, the sun came out, and the temperature dropped. Kinda rhymes, doesn't it.
Old 01-20-2018, 01:03 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
The clouds have cleared, the rain has stopped, the sun came out, and the temperature dropped. Kinda rhymes, doesn't it.
Yep sounds like a Country song
Old 01-20-2018, 03:05 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Yep sounds like a Country song
The sun came out, the shrews appeared, the women start screaming, a spectacle severe.
Old 01-20-2018, 06:19 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
The sun came out, the shrews appeared, the women start screaming, a spectacle severe.
What ever happened to Sam the shrew, and his nemesis, Bark?