Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Detroit , Columbus (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/detroit-columbus-107566/)

Smkndzl 06-28-2006 10:26 PM

Detroit , Columbus

Maybe you guys can help me out, I will be in Detroit next week for some training. Any sites to see or great food places to eat. Then I will be in
Columbus at the end of the month for some more training on 07 products, any great eating places or things to see.

DuaneWKKC 06-28-2006 10:33 PM

What kind of food do ya like? might be able to come up with something in Columbus for ya.

Soooo...
Whats kind of training is going to be bringing you out to Columbus?

DuaneW.

Smkndzl 06-28-2006 11:11 PM

I will be in Columbus for the 07 Cummins midrange products this time.

I am interested in great BBQ , anything but franchise food

CASMOKIN 06-29-2006 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by JohnCA58
I will be in Columbus for the 07 Cummins midrange products this time.

I am interested in great BBQ , anything but franchise food

There you go again with the bbq, John [laugh] ;)

chaikwa 06-29-2006 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by JohnCA58
I will be in Detroit next week for some training. Any sites to see or great food places to eat.

Unfortunately, the only thing worth seeing in Detroit is the view you get in your rearview mirror as you're leaving! [laugh] I've been there once since I moved to Michigan a few years ago, and once was enough!

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

chaikwa.

electrifried 06-29-2006 09:37 AM

Columbus In or Oh?

As for Detroit. The Henry Ford musuem and Greenfield village are great places to visit if you are interested in history. Better stuff there than at the Smithsonian in the case of US history. I heard that you can now book a tour of the River plant thru the Museum.

Just off the beaten path is Fords house also open for tours. Very interesting to see the way a man, who was known for showing up unannounced at an employees house and firing him for living out of his means, made his own home. You should see his garage, compleat with automatic car wash.

I can easily kill 2 days at the village and museum and house. We have been a few times and I always see a bunch of new stuff each time we go back.

nirion 06-29-2006 12:20 PM

If its Columbus, OH, there is a good place in one of the suburbs. The Gahanna Grill has great ribs with a homemade sauce. Also, an Italian place called Brunos with a meatball sub called "the Coffin". Other good places I can't think of right now, but if I do, I will post them.

Nick

bulabula 06-29-2006 03:59 PM

+1 on the Henry Ford Museum/Greenfield Village (I think its called "The Henry Ford" now). Its actually in Dearborn, MI.

Its been years since I've been in the Rouge Plant. It used to be the only?/biggest? plant in the US where the raw steel/ore was delivered by ship on one side of the factory and new cars rolled out the other side.

Go downtown and watch the Tigers play, and grab something to eat in Greektown.

Windsor Ontario is just across the Detroit River. Some fun places to visit there.

PourinDiesel 06-29-2006 05:46 PM

I think he means Columbus, Indiana.

Last time I checked there wasnt a Cummins Engine factory in Ohio [laugh] [laugh]

DuaneWKKC 06-30-2006 12:34 AM

If you like BBQ, I'll assume you like smoked.
Little place south of Columbus, OH on Rt 23 in South Bloomfield called 'The Stage Coach Inn' Do all of their own smokin and the pulled pork is EXCELLENT. Everything is done dry, add your own sauce.

DuaneW.

Smkndzl 07-01-2006 12:23 AM

Thank for the reply's , yes the Cummins Factory is in Columbus Indiana ,