Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Deserted Motel,Hotel and Dragons Nest 7/15/12=7/22/12

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 04:51 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Mr. Mulch and I will have to gang up on you and tip over your "garage."
Originally Posted by FiverBob
My- - middle of July - - very unusual.
I thought outhouses were for tipping over---- Ohhhhh, I get it.

We are still having the coolest July on record here.

Sun is finally coming out. Going fishing this evening (the reds are running).
Old 07-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark
I thought outhouses were for tipping over---- Ohhhhh, I get it.

We are still having the coolest July on record here.

Sun is finally coming out. Going fishing this evening (the reds are running).
Oh stop it - - you make me jealous - - I did not like the Reds quite as well as a couple of the others - - more fishey. Our high today ended up 84.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:46 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Kenai Reds are my favorite especially caught in the salt water.
Currently sunny, 65, no wind and getting warmer. We are heading for the beach in a few minutes with some fire wood.
I kind of hope I don't ruin the evening by catching any fish
Old 07-17-2012, 07:27 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Humid here...big line of storms building and heading our way from the SW.

The sun came out after all that rain, temp went up and wow is it muggy. Never seen it like this here...ever. I have been in weather like this down south...I like it.

I had a slight incident on an elevator today. Ever have a coughart? Oh My what a sound. Sure did net some laughter.

As soon as it happened I said; "That was me."
Old 07-17-2012, 07:27 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Confess

who is this?
Old 07-17-2012, 07:28 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Fronty Owner

who is this?
Old 07-17-2012, 07:51 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Scotty
Ever have a coughart?

Sometimes you're totally caught and laughing is the best policy. Nice move.

Cincy, you play the flute?
Old 07-17-2012, 07:56 PM
I grad-u-ated frum Claudes skool of tpying....

welll shorts question for a female such as you ...no insults intended ....if you had a son would you rather they court or date
? and also would you want them to get on thier own feet and then find a someone to love or live at home till they got married? you know what i actully wouldnt mind if everyone gave thier two cents worth ....its beens interstring
Old 07-17-2012, 08:12 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Originally Posted by twichit
welll shorts question for a female such as you ...no insults intended ....if you had a son would you rather they court or date
? and also would you want them to get on thier own feet and then find a someone to love or live at home till they got married? you know what i actully wouldnt mind if everyone gave thier two cents worth ....its beens interstring
Well I'm sure I know the difference between court a date

I would want my boy to work hard to be able to make his way. If he met girl that he knew was the girl he was marrying I'd expect him to be able to provide for both of them as they are now their own family.

If my son lived at home it had better be because he was an employee to the business or land and he had his own cabin; or if he was injured to the point of needing the care.

I think I'd be a little softer on my expectations than DH would be. I know his is, "You're 18, you're out and don't come back". He really kicks the bird from the nest.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:37 PM
I grad-u-ated frum Claudes skool of tpying....

Originally Posted by Shorts
Well I'm sure I know the difference between court a date

I would want my boy to work hard to be able to make his way. If he met girl that he knew was the girl he was marrying I'd expect him to be able to provide for both of them as they are now their own family.

If my son lived at home it had better be because he was an employee to the business or land and he had his own cabin; or if he was injured to the point of needing the care.

I think I'd be a little softer on my expectations than DH would be. I know his is, "You're 18, you're out and don't come back". He really kicks the bird from the nest.
thank you your poll result will now be saved for our files. would like you a cookee

Last edited by twichit; 07-18-2012 at 04:15 AM. Reason: i dont have a.d... look a bird
Old 07-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
My 1 1/4 cents for what it is worth....... I think everyone should have to live together for 5yrs before being allowed to marry...sure would cut down on Divorces because it takes a few years to really get to know someone because some people are REALLY good at hiding who they really are.....

On counterpoint though it could only work if all the finances and everything purchased was under some type of contractual agreement because no Divorce court to divvy up the stuff when it goes bad.

I know this isn't really feasible, just my thoughts on the matter
Old 07-17-2012, 08:50 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty

I had a slight incident on an elevator today. Ever have a coughart? Oh My what a sound. Sure did net some laughter.

As soon as it happened I said; "That was me."
We had some fun on Elevators a few years back as I recall it

Scotty and I had rooms in the same Hotel and riding up and down the elevator we would each turn and face an opposite rear corner when the doors would open to let someone else on the elevator

2 big guys with their faces in the corner like kids on time out and you would think a person entering would simply say.."Uh I will catch the next one"

Amazing how some people would get on and think nothing of it
Old 07-17-2012, 11:02 PM
DTR Mom

Denny, strength of character or relationships need to rely on what YOU think or feel. Got to be common sense solid, ability true and seek goals/confident in yourself before you can offer up 'you' in a job or a relationship. Be True to yourself, and all that... dedicated.

don't buy in to that social excuse of 'opinion' to define you or your situation.

1,374 divorce/custody cases; learned that starting out friends and building trust made the best long term marriages. can't have honesty with trust and that sinks a lot of relation-ships. goes downhill from there...

do things for the right reason. let a lil maturity kick in... with the relatives too
listen to them, keep your reactions private. here : have some fresh baked cookies, you'll feel right as rain by the time you're done.....

nice evening-hubby took me out to supper! cooled off in the spa, no heat used. old dog on the leather couch with the fan on her. 6 month 95 pound 'puppy' shep/doberman sprawled on the cool stone floor.

stay cool folks!
Old 07-18-2012, 06:14 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Morning all.

WEDNESDAY, JULY 18th:

1914 - Six planes of the U.S. Army helped to form an aviation division called the Signal Corps.

1932 - The U.S. and Canada signed a treaty to develop the St. Lawrence Seaway.

1936 - The first Oscar Meyer Wienermobile rolled out of General Body Company’s factory in Chicago, IL.

1942 - The German Me-262, the first jet-propelled aircraft to fly in combat, made its first flight.

1944 - U.S. troops captured Saint-Lo, France, ending the battle of the hedgerows.

1944 - Hideki Tojo was removed as Japanese premier and war minister due to setbacks suffered by his country in World War II.

1947 - U.S. President Truman signed the Presidential Succession Act, which placed the Speaker of the House and the Senate President Pro Tempore next in the line of succession after the vice president.

1971 - New Zealand and Australia announced they would pull their troops out of Vietnam.

2001 - A train derailed, involving 60 cars, in a Baltimore train tunnel. The fire that resulted lasted for six days and virtually closed down downtown Baltimore for several days.

Slow history day.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say.

Cffee is just like Top this morning... hot n' ready!
Old 07-18-2012, 07:26 AM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Originally Posted by Shorts
Cincy, you play the flute?
At least someone got it... No I dont play the flute..

....if you had a son would you rather they court or date ? and also would you want them to get on thier own feet and then find a someone to love or live at home till they got married? you know what i actully wouldnt mind if everyone gave thier two cents worth ....its beens interstring
I have no idea what the difference is between courting and dating

I think my decision really varies on the situation. If my son is dating while still in collage, he is welcome to stay with me as long as his grades stay up. His girly is not welcome. Once he graduates, he's on his own.

Quick Reply: The Deserted Motel,Hotel and Dragons Nest 7/15/12=7/22/12