Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Deserted Motel,Hotel and Dragons Nest 7/15/12=7/22/12

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 12:13 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Night Shorts-

Originally Posted by Totallyrad
Actually Bark, this is more likely what you'd want. http://www.antimonkeybutt.com/
Now if it were antibaboonbutt we could sell it in the DTR store.

Originally Posted by FiverBob
HUH???? Gold Bond Powder???? What is that?????
Yet another sign of advancing age can be forgetting things.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:27 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Totallyrad
Based on the pictures, I've been in bigger out houses.
Yet you INSIST on calling it a garage!

MONDAY, JULY 16th:

1779 - American troops under General Anthony Wayne capture Stony Point, NY.

1790 - The District of Columbia, or Washington, DC, was established as the permanent seat of the United States Government.

1862 - David G. Farragut became the first rear admiral in the U.S. Navy.

1935 - Oklahoma City became the first city in the U.S. to make use of parking meters.

1940 - Adolf Hitler ordered the preparations to begin on the invasion of England, known as Operation Sea Lion.

1942 - French police officers rounded up 13,000 Jews and held them in the Winter Velodrome. The round-up was part of an agreement between Pierre Laval and the *****. Germany had agreed to not deport French Jews if France arrested foreign Jews.

1944 - Soviet troops occupied Vilna, Lithuania, in their drive toward Germany.

1945 - The United States detonated the first atomic bomb in a test at Alamogordo, NM.

1951 - J.D. Salinger's novel "The Catcher in the Rye" was first published.

1957 - Marine Major John Glenn set a transcontinental speed record when he flew a jet from California to New York in 3 hours, 23 minutes and 8 seconds.

1969 - Apollo 11 blasted off from Cape Kennedy, FL, and began the first manned mission to land on the moon.

1973 - Alexander P. Butterfield informed the Senate committee investigating the Watergate affair of the existence of recorded tapes.

1981 - After 23 years with the name Datsun, executives of Nissan changed the name of their cars to Nissan.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Education does not guarantee intelligence.

Coffee's on.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:19 AM
DTR Mom

wow, FiverBobo- that sure is a scary night! and yes, I can tell you not to ignore that acid stuff. they don't make fake esophagus es...
who would sing in the choir? Howl at the moon? lol

Hey DTR ers! hiding in the house yesterday, too humid/watched movies with son/did some electrical creative wiring to safely power his iphone from the bike. Played with our new herd of dogs. Thank goodness it is only ten days.

Fronty, some Chevy dealers here in NY have zero percent on 5 year/ custom option/package trucks. Honda? has been coming on strong with farmers for their single cab trucks, high reliability. One local has a test truck with a mitsubishi deisel in it. go figure...they were told to try and break it.

pond chemicals in, time to cut down some more trees for firewood.
balancing work and play.

Be safe out there ! cheers to both scottys,super bark, and all!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:24 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
why?

Yeah, I would like to, but Im at 189K on my truck and will be about 195 by then. My existing Fronty is getting a bit long in the tooth, Im looking at another timing belt, and another round of 100K maintenance. Combine that with random body damage, I could go longer. I have faith in the truck.

5yr 100k powertrain warranty. The 5.3 will get at a minimum the same fuel mileage as the Nissan (v6) empty but better mpg towing. The deals Chevy has out now are untouchable by Nissan. My best friend just bought a 2012 chevy 2500cc hd, 6.0l hd tranny, plow prep, full tow package, s/t(?) package, out the door everything included without trade 25k. with a 4k trade on his 01 1500 with a blown engine, (his fault on the engine).
Old 07-16-2012, 08:31 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Morning everybody. Work is done for the next 4 days....I hope!! Gotta find a way to get some good sleep...working nights/weekends and then going to school during the day is really taking it's toll on this feller.

Good, strong pot of coffee is on for anyone needing it besides me. I opted for cold pizza instead of putting out any muffins this morning.

Hope everyone has a enjoyable day.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:13 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings from up here..eh.

Sleep. Something that I struggled with for this past year...no sleep, too much sleep at the wrong times, pain meds etc.
Just went through a round of trying to find the right mattress. Two king mattresses where duds...ended up with a memory foam king from Costco.
The Serta high end mattresses where shipped on edge and had a crease the length of the mattress from it buckling from being on edge.

Sometimes I need to adjust lighting, change around a few things if my sleep schedule is upside down because of work etc. I am doing that now too.

Lighting, or lack of is what seems to work for me. I bought a set of black out curtains and they helped...then I added a valance overtop of the curtains to stop the light from leaking in above them.

OK, time to drain the ph00o goo since Bobby took the bait again. I sure hope its not the cause of his reflux. I'll make a new pot of Gravol laden antacid ph0o0. Hope you get that under control Bobby...never had it but some family members have...nasty what it does.

Take care fellow DTRonians.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:28 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by Hvytrkmech
5yr 100k powertrain warranty. The 5.3 will get at a minimum the same fuel mileage as the Nissan (v6) empty but better mpg towing. The deals Chevy has out now are untouchable by Nissan. My best friend just bought a 2012 chevy 2500cc hd, 6.0l hd tranny, plow prep, full tow package, s/t(?) package, out the door everything included without trade 25k. with a 4k trade on his 01 1500 with a blown engine, (his fault on the engine).
those are all reasons Im looking at the chevy.
My last chevy was an s-10. It kinda put me off on chevys especially after having my Nissan.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
Fronty, some Chevy dealers here in NY have zero percent on 5 year/ custom option/package trucks. Honda? has been coming on strong with farmers for their single cab trucks, high reliability. One local has a test truck with a mitsubishi deisel in it. go figure...they were told to try and break it.
Honda huh... Those are popular among farmers here too.. Mostly the side by sides, but some use the quads.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:49 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Burp! Scuse me..
Old 07-17-2012, 05:56 AM
Administrator

Deleted a post and banned a user, all before coffee! Maybe it's gonna be a good day after-all.

TUESDAY, JULY 17th:

1821 - Spain ceded Florida to the U.S.

1862 - National cemeteries were authorized by the U.S. government.

1866 - Authorization was given to build a tunnel beneath the Chicago River. The three-year project cost $512,709.

1867 - Harvard School of Dental Medicine was established in Boston, MA. It was the first dental school in the U.S.

1898 - U.S. troops under General William R. Shafter took Santiago de Cuba during the Spanish-American War.

1941 - Brigadier General Soervell directed Architect G. Edwin Bergstrom to have basic plans and architectural perspectives for an office building that could house 40,000 War Department employees on his desk by the following Monday morning. The building became known as the Pentagon.

1945 - U.S. President Truman, Soviet leader Josef Stalin and British Prime Minister Winston S. Churchill began meeting at Potsdam in the final Allied summit of World War II. During the meeting Stalin made the comment that "Hitler had escaped."

1955 - Disneyland opened in Anaheim, CA.

1960 - Francis Gary Powers pled guilty to spying charges in a Moscow court after his U-2 spy plane was shot down over the Soviet Union.

1966 - Ho Chi Minh ordered a partial mobilization of North Vietnam forces to defend against American air strikes.

1975 - An Apollo spaceship docked with a Soyuz spacecraft in orbit. It was the first link up between the U.S. and Soviet Union.

1987 - Lieutenant Colonel Oliver North and rear Admiral John Poindexter begin testifying to Congress at the "Iran-Contra" hearings.

1995 - The Nasdaq composite stock index rose above 1,000 for the first time.

1997 - After 117 years, the Woolworth Corp. closed its last 400 stores.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Don't try and talk to Bark today... he let his mind wander and it didn't come back.

Coffee is ready and the donuts are still soft enough to sink a fork into without bending the tines. Much.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:38 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Mornin gang - - nuther night of nice rain but lots of fireworks. Haven't watered the lawn now for about 4 weeks - - mama nature is doing a good job. She just needs to move up into our farm belts with some nice steady gentle rains before we have a bust.

Scott, be gentle with poor Bark. He is really trying, but it takes time to thaw back out. ..........

Start the doctor routine today - - solid for two weeks since the little episode. Hopefully get to the bottom of this stuff and have some answers. I'm ready.

OK, gotta go put on my face and get purdy. Later.

Bob
Old 07-17-2012, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Scott, be gentle with poor Bark. He is really trying, but it takes time to thaw back out. ..........
Ok, I'll switch to you then... you know that documentary you were telling me you watched about hurricane Katrina and how boring it was? I finally figured out what you were talking about. That was the washing machine you were looking at. The TV is in the other room.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Ok, I'll switch to you then... you know that documentary you were telling me you watched about hurricane Katrina and how boring it was? I finally figured out what you were talking about. That was the washing machine you were looking at. The TV is in the other room.
My, aren't you the sassy one. Mr. Mulch and I will have to gang up on you and tip over your "garage." ....................

Oh yeh - - perchance someone is interested - - - highest temp for our little community on the slate for the next 7 days is 88 degrees. What global warming? Oh, forgot, some are perspiring where they live. Well, so much for hot nasty Florida in the summer - - middle of July - - very unusual.

Bob
Old 07-17-2012, 12:07 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi Bobby.

Hi rest of you.

Steady rain up here too. Laid sod on Sunday. Lots of rain...hopefully it stays where it is and doesn't slide out onto the street.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:33 PM
DTR Mom

Fronty- yup had the wrong brand- toyota made this thing all black.no name on it anywhere, had to ask. they have john deere side bys

95 here 20 mph winds of hot air. where's the politicians?

cut up two trees early this AM, played with dogs. everyone is siesta now.

bike to the har-spital. 30 year old stator went, no charge. battery, not my wallet.

'nother Patriot guard ride tomorrow, mini Vietnam wall and a seperate funeral.
long day.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:38 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

This one time at band camp I.....................

So hows it go in this smelly, old place? Any newbies beside me?

Quick Reply: The Deserted Motel,Hotel and Dragons Nest 7/15/12=7/22/12