Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

The Spring Forward Break Room

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 08:59 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
The Spring Forward Break Room

Good Morning Boys and Girls!

Hot Coffee and fresh Phoo for you know who....Hot Oatmeal and dried cranberries with a glass of wheatgerm for Bob, fresh breakfast catered by the Cracker Barrel for the rest of us, get here soon before your favorites are gone!
Old 03-12-2017, 10:51 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
HOT DOGGIES - - - COME AND GET IT (if I leave anything behind by the time I am done). First and foremost.......................................Ph00...............

OK, now to the stick-to-the-ribs stuff. Ummmm, good. Ya did good, Lary. None of that cholesterol glub stuff. Yeh, very good.

Refill...................................and hit the road. Ya did good, young man. ............
Old 03-12-2017, 10:57 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Mornin boys and girls. Cold and clear, well not quite as cold, above zero. Kitty progress took a turn for the worse. Young kitty wants to love, old kitty wants to hate. Almost had a cat fight on my hands. Back to square one.
Old 03-12-2017, 10:58 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the morning chow Top. While the Canadian Atlantic provinces and US NE are getting way worse weather than here in southern Alberta, it still sucks here right now. We are in day 8 of a late winter cold snap. It is -20C here this morning and it has been like that for a while. Luckily things are supposed to warm up a bunch, starting mid-week.
Play safe all y'all.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Thanks for the morning chow Top. While the Canadian Atlantic provinces and US NE are getting way worse weather than here in southern Alberta, it still sucks here right now. We are in day 8 of a late winter cold snap. It is -20C here this morning and it has been like that for a while. Luckily things are supposed to warm up a bunch, starting mid-week.
Play safe all y'all.
Don't feel left out of the loop. My sons sent pics today, one from mountains outside Seattle with the twins and daughter rolling down the slopes in the snow. The other son is up at the house in Sapphire Valley, NC. Nice fresh snow cover there - - not real deep, but enough for skiing with the help of the blowers. Very pretty. Orchids are sure looking good out in the lanai down here - - - think I will stay here a bit longer before hitting the valley.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:21 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning peoples from a nice and warm Paradise where there is no s**w and similar horrible stuff. Yesterday afternoon it clouded over and we an unusual period with a total grey sky and even some rain. Nice to see after such a long period of just blue sky. This morning is cloudless again and the beginning of another beeeuuuutiful day.

Last night the entire area where I live lost power just as it was getting dark. To keep my wife and I amused I brought the truck close to the house and plugged the big TV and DVD player into the inverter and we watched a long movie. Was concerned that the truck may not start later, but to my surprise it turned over just as fast as usual. Those large capacity batteries did their job! Power came back about 30 minutes after the movie finished.

Fresh, hot gourmet coffee is ready. Ph00 t00. Is there such a thing as gourmet ph00?

Got lots to do today, so had better get moving. ........ or maybe will enjoy a cup of coffee first ........
Ciao.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:05 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
After all the VIP adjusted hours this weekend, woke up at 0200 for work. I hate to say it, but I'm the guilty party who drained the real coffee as well as Bobby's PH00. I used the bucket in the corner for the IV rig, sorry...........

Same stuff this week......

Watching the snow to the East. Glad it is only hinting about it here. Hope folks stay safe.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:45 AM

BBBRRRRR - - - cold spell has moved in. Our high will only be 69 today. HORRORS......................................... ..got out the long johns. .............

Soooo, put some hot coffee and ph00 out and also hot chocolate. Horrible weather in the NE. Guess I will not complain, just drink my ph00.............

Off to MacDill AFB for the day - - have a good day.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:10 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Good morning. Where is everybody? No coffee and no ph00? Ph00ey on this! Leaving and going somewhere else. Wish that there was a Tim Horton's close to me.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Good morning. Where is everybody? No coffee and no ph00? Ph00ey on this! Leaving and going somewhere else. Wish that there was a Tim Horton's close to me.
I'm with ya, buddy. Let's go. Made ph00 and coffee and hot chocolate yesterday and not one person showed up. HEY, come to think about it, where were you?????..............

Anyh00, let's go get some good Timmy coffee and pancakes. Meet ya at the corner. ....................

HungeeryBob
Old 03-15-2017, 11:51 AM

I wuz b-u-s-y! There is another team from Canada at the orphanage and I was out there early yesterday. One of the leaders of this team has his own landscaping company (a big one) and he is organizing getting the football field and all the fruit trees watered using grey water. Years ago another team built a system to gather all the grey water and that is used for irrigation. This system will be fairly large. The pump is 7.5 hp.

Does Tim's make pancakes now? I know that they make as good if not better donuts than that stuff that Lary keeps on temping us with. Their apple fritters are really good! Hmmm, could make very good use of one right now. Have you ever had their soup and sandwich lunch? Homemade bread cut thick.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:24 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Somebody mention Donuts??????
Old 03-15-2017, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
I wuz b-u-s-y!

Does Tim's make pancakes now? I know that they make as good if not better donuts than that stuff that Lary keeps on temping us with. Their apple fritters are really good! Hmmm, could make very good use of one right now. Have you ever had their soup and sandwich lunch? Homemade bread cut thick.
OK, since it is you, I forgive you.

Tim's??? I have never had anything bad in there. You just made me hungry mentioning their soup/sandwich lunch. When traveling in Canada, a certain blonde would never let me pass a TH without stopping - - no matter what time of day or when we last ate. You should have seen me trying to find someplace to park 52' of truck/trailer. Horrors. It was amazing how many TH's we helped them celebrate their grand opening one summer when wandering in the Maritimes including up to Newfoundland. FUN, great memories.

Refill...............................................
Old 03-15-2017, 08:57 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last weekI was out of town with a co-worker. we were discussing concealed carry guns. He had a Ruger LCP. it was nice a compact, but the slide was really stiff. I have been thinking of adding a really tiny pistol to my arsenal.
I liked the LCP, but also liked the last Walther PPK I shot that was made by Walther, not S&W. Which is better? What is the better option in that size? .380 or 9mm.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fronty; take a look at the S&W Bodyguard. It's about the smallest thing I can find that my wife can still manipulate, and it's still big enough that I can shoot it without too much effort as well.

Quick Reply: The Spring Forward Break Room