Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Cool Power Hammer!

Old 05-10-2016, 06:01 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Cool Power Hammer!

One of our long time members wyododge (Jeff) after working the oil fields in places like Sandakan Malaysia has finally made it back home Welcome back Jeff, we missed you around here!

In talking with my old buddy I learned he is starting up a new company building Power Hammers for Knife makers and Blacksmiths. Being a Gunsmith myself I have a fondness for tools of ALL kinds and Love this new Hammer....it is a hammer, whats not to like?

Anyway I wanted to share it with the tool guys here and welcome Jeff home at the same time

Check it out eye candy here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NREE...ature=youtu.be

OK now I have to make room in my shop for another toy
Old 05-10-2016, 07:41 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Took a look at that hammer. It really is cool. Never thought about driving a hammer with an electric motor, but why not? Especially liked the use of the spring connecting the hammer to the motor. What a fantastic idea!

I know this does not totally apply, but after what you said Lary, immediately thought about this old song. You young 'uns probably have never heard this song or the group.

Old 05-10-2016, 08:40 PM
Admin Team Leader

Yeah Stan nice design...if you know anything about power hammers they are expensive and it looks like this design is meant to be more affordable for tool guys like myself.

I really don't want to drop 8 grand on one I wont use everyday and it is nice to see one of our own making it
Old 05-11-2016, 05:35 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks TOP!

But just to be clear this is our prototype, we spent a few months designing, and building it. Was a really cool process. We don't have a company yet as we are not even sure it will sell, as of today it is one of a kind. We are currently designing a bench top 30T hydraulic press w/ an 8T auxiliary press for those who can't afford the typical behemoth currently on the market. We are gonna call it The Boa. Why not have fun and build some cool stuff!!

As of right now, just a couple of guys who saw as a ridiculous price (and size) for a power hammer (and press) and thought we might just be able to help a couple of guys out. One guy we talked to said he really enjoyed blacksmithin', but could not swing a hammer anymore (that got the dark absorbers turned on)!

So time will tell, right now it is really just an experiment. Cool part is that if they don't sell, we have an excuse to burn up some wire, turn on the mill, throw some sparks and have a couple really cool tools to outfit our shop!

Kind of the DTR way!!!
Old 05-11-2016, 09:23 PM
Admin Team Leader

You got the right idea

Hey can you design something that will swing a ban hammer for us?
Old 05-12-2016, 07:45 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
You got the right idea

Hey can you design something that will swing a ban hammer for us?
only if I'm not responsible for broken screens...
Old 05-14-2016, 10:07 PM

Received 148 Likes on 127 Posts
Welcome home, Jeff!

Cool project.
Old 05-15-2016, 11:45 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
A power brute force and ignorance tool, what's not to like. Should be able to do some small part hammer forging with that.