Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Come and Share Breakroom Nov 4 - 10

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 05:30 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
The end is tomorrow.
Hopefully for Barack, Hillary and Oprah !

YUK... And all the others in the ship of fools.

Rained all day today. Cleaned up the shop. Moved some stuff to storage. Found stuff I was missing, which is always a good thing.

Can we say enough with the rain.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:56 AM

Tick Tock.....6 minutes till countdown begins. Walking up to the building soon to cast my vote.

Another YUCK rainy day ahead..... God !, When will it end ? Either the rotation of the earth has switched, and we're now in England's weather pattern, or a giant cloud has stopped over the state.

Enjoy the days fellas. Hot cocoa is on the stove, but it's in a pot, so you'll have to scoop it out with your hands, and drink it caveman style.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:43 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
I knew I was going to be laid up so I voted absentee.
Another below zero morning. Still have some boat people (cruise ship) hanging around. Hope they leave soon. Don't have enough food to hold them through the winter. We can always feed them to the polar bears.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:27 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Still have some boat people (cruise ship) hanging around. Hope they leave soon.
Cougar - - I get a kick out of people telling about their trip to see Alaska - - then learn it was a cruise ship up inside passage stopping at a
few islands. The didn't see Alaska - not even those islands. Our first RV trip to Alaska had us in the state almost 4 months. To come
home, we put the rig on the ferry, got off at each stop, stayed for 3-4 days waiting for the next ferry. We waited for the 10,000 cruise
ship people to leave, then we would go into town and browse. Wander the whole island, fish for salmon, relax and enjoy that island.
Then load up and to go the next island and do likewise.

Well, we were number 9 and 10 getting into the voting space this morning - about 30 more behind us.. By the time we finished, the
room was full and the line went all the way down the parking lot. Boy, we did good. Then went to one of our favorite little places
to get breakfast and had a HUGE western omelet. They know how to do it. Been working the rest of the day out in the garage.

Going to relax and watch the news start coming in. Wonder when I get to go to sleep. Have a good evening and go go go
RED.

Anxious Bob

Old 11-07-2018, 07:41 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from Paradise. Another gorgeous day is here. Yesterday was stupendous weather wise. Perfect temperatures, blue skies and no wind. Had a long, leisurely lunch with my wife on our open terrace as we enjoyed watching the birds, butterflies, green grass and trees etc. Life does not get much better than this. Our kids are jealous of us. Spent almost all day outside painting etc.

Coffee and ph00 awaits your drinking pleasure. Hopefully somebody will bring some munchies.

Going grab a coffee and head outside to do more painting. Need to repaint a small area because the new paint that I bought is a shade or two different from what I did last week. Do not understand why as it is the same brand and color as previous. The only thing I can think of is that the color was mixed at two different Home Depot's and their machines are not calibrated identically.

Ciao.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:18 AM

I work in aviation and have had to go a lot of different places to repair and/or maintain our aircraft. Only seen a fraction of the state and I've been here about 20 years all tolled.
Mid 20°'s today with a good chance of rain and/or snow.
I think the worse part of my recovery is the swelling. My leg is fat enough without any help.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Good morning from Paradise. Another gorgeous day is here. Yesterday was stupendous weather wise. Perfect temperatures, blue skies and no wind. Had a long, leisurely lunch with my wife on our open terrace as we enjoyed watching the birds, butterflies, green grass and trees etc. Life does not get much better than this. Our kids are jealous of us. Spent almost all day outside painting etc.

Coffee and ph00 awaits your drinking pleasure. Hopefully somebody will bring some munchies.

Going grab a coffee and head outside to do more painting. Need to repaint a small area because the new paint that I bought is a shade or two different from what I did last week. Do not understand why as it is the same brand and color as previous. The only thing I can think of is that the color was mixed at two different Home Depot's and their machines are not calibrated identically.

Ciao.
good rule of thumb, is if you are buying different gallons of paint, either spring for,the,5 gallon pails, or buy a empty pail and lid, pour in the different cans, mix, then pour back into the individual gallon cans.

I've found the same issue, and mixing them helps blend the differences
Old 11-07-2018, 01:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another fine morning here in the PNW. Usual routine this morning with the coffee, breakfast and such. But then things changed...

Decided to pack up a few firearms, ammo and headed to the indoor range for some giggles and grins. Had a good time, all the firearms are now cleaned and waiting for the next "round" so to speak.

I have the paint and primer for the art glass window frame so I'll be starting on that this afternoon.

Hope you are all having a good day.
Old 11-07-2018, 04:36 PM

Evening all. Interesting night last night and day today letting all the dust settle and find out what happened with the voting. Sure glad it all came out like it did
in Florida - - it was not looking good at all. And the stock market liked it too - - wow. So maybe we can all settle down and start getting more things done. Been
stagnant the last few months.

Love your state, Yamaki. Spent a lot of time there in the RV and way back when in High School. Never did see Crater Lake. Went one year ago to see it with
two sons and their families. AND?...….. ...………. Had a snow storm night before and the lake was completely hidden by a white fog. Grandkids
had fun making show man.

No ph00 and no snacks, so just mosey down the road and lay back tonight after a busy day. Y'all sleep well.

Bob
Old 11-08-2018, 11:50 AM

Snow still in the forecast but nothing coming down yet. Had some avalanching on the mountain last night. It's a real creepy sound when your only a few miles away. One of our rabbits showed up and one of the stray cats.
When mixing paint, why do I always remember the movie Operation Petty Coat?
Old 11-09-2018, 04:54 AM

WOW - - bunch of us missed the breakroom yesterday. Going all day long and another one today. Working hard to retire next year -- ha ha. Put out
fresh coffee and ph00 for y00. Brought some sprinkles t00, but no time to gather much else together.

…..………...……………….hitting the road.

ps: I fed the dragon. …………...
Old 11-09-2018, 05:51 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from Paradise. Yup, another gorgeous day is dawning. Love this kind of weather.

Thanks Bob for the coffee. Grabbing one on the fly.

Had my day all planned out for yesterday, but a couple of things happened early morning which threw a spanner into the works and disrupted everything. For those of you that do not speak real English and only 'Merkin, will translate; Had a wrench thrown into the works. Is that better? Oh well, what I had planned for yesterday will wait for another day, but sooner or later will get done.

BTW NJTman, normally I do mix different batches of paint in another can, but this time pushed the limit and actually ran out of paint, so was forced to get a new batch from another Home Depot. Live and learn.

Ciao.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Had my day all planned out for yesterday, but a couple of things happened early morning which threw a spanner into the works and disrupted everything. For those of you that do not speak real English and only 'Merkin, will translate; Had a wrench thrown into the works. Is that better? Oh well, what I had planned for yesterday will wait for another day, but sooner or later will get done.
Ciao.
Glad you clarified that, I was getting confused. Slowly warming up. Our snow will be turning to rain soon. Well, that was a short winter.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:50 PM

. Slowly warming up. Our snow will be turning to rain soon. Well, that was a short winter.
Eat your heart out, big guy. Don't you wish?

I was cleaning up my diving gear today - - made me make some plans to get under again soon - - been too long. Get some lobster. Yeh.

Trip to dentist was much better today than it was Tuesday. Bridge should be ready by Friday.

Nuther ph00 and gone for the night.

Old 11-10-2018, 04:59 AM

Another week gone -- wow. Time flies. Had Cracker Barrel cater in breakfast this morning - - sure looks good - - bring your appetite and take a look.
Fresh ph00 and coffee brewing and assortment of juices in the box. Had the blonde fix her banana bread - several loaves on the counter. Enjoy

Dragon is fed. Bob is fed. Enjoying my ph00. Going to hit the shower - - another funeral to go to this morning.

…..…………..

Quick Reply: Come and Share Breakroom Nov 4 - 10