Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Come and Share Breakroom Nov 4 - 10

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 05:09 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Come and Share Breakroom Nov 4 - 10

New week, new breakroom, new time schedule, new coffee, new ph00, new banana pancakes, cut fruit, Florida fresh squeezed orange juice, grape juice.
Now, will that get you out of bed?

Me hitting the shower and get smelling purdy to go to church. Come join me. Two days and we vote in the US. Sure an important vote. Will make a
huge difference whichever way it goes. We either get more of the progress we have had in two years (in spite of the hate and anger), or we revert
back to stagnant, anti-progress agenda. Scary.

Me gone...………………..
Old 11-04-2018, 05:52 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from a damp Paradise. Been up for hours already. Lots of rain during the night. We are about at the end of the rainy season, so this much rain is a bit unusual. Not complaining. Brought some hand made guacamole and special non greasy Mexican chips (Totopo) to add to Bob's enticing mix. This has some real chili in it to give just the right amount of 'bite' to make it extra enjoyable. I love this stuff! Bob,you dun gud with what you laid out.

Anybody here done any building with rammed earth, compressed earth blocks (CEB), COB or similar? If so, would like to hear about your expriences. Going to be building early next year and considering the alternatives. So far am leaning towards the CEB. For most of you, what I am talking about is 'foreign'. Lots on the internet about all the methods and many good books available. My library is growing fast. For those of you that are curious, here is a long video about CEB that will give you some idea.

May God help America this week. You guys need all the help you can receive to avoid going deeper into that horrible hole some of your politicians etc have put you into. America the disunitied. How sad it has come to this.
Old 11-04-2018, 05:53 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Mmmm

Banana pancakes.....

Yum

40 * this am. Daylight savings in effect. Woke up to sunlight, which is nice, but dark by 4:40 pm tonight.

Working on house and the Dodge this week.

Thanks for the yummy breakfast Bob. Yes, will be voting the Red Wave. Took a ride to Delaware Water Gap yesterday. Last chance to see the foliage
Old 11-04-2018, 10:40 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman
Meniscus repair? Been ther, done that.

If all works out you'll be able to predict incoming storms before they come in.

Wabbit stew???
ACL reconstruct. Mine was torn and stretched. Had a meniscus repair back in the early 80's from an accident that occurred in the late 60's.
Old 11-04-2018, 10:45 AM

Back to below zero. Beautiful clear skies. Still lots of beautiful snow.
But where have all our critters gone? Real strange.
Old 11-04-2018, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by cougar
Back to below zero. Beautiful clear skies. Still lots of beautiful snow.
But where have all our critters gone? Real strange.
HA - - - they are not stupid. They can see the signs for the time to get out of there. DUH...ha ha

Good church service today, great choir number. Then off to Cracker Barrel with friends for lunch. Nice time. Now time to get caught up with some paper work.

…………….……………..more ph00 - - - yah00...……….most food is gone. Great.
Old 11-04-2018, 02:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Woke up to no sunshine today. Pretty typical for Orygun this time of year.

Had some coffee, read the news, cooked the wife breakfast (scrambled eggs with onions, green peppers & jalapeno; wheat toast, orange slices & sweet potato hash browns), NFL game on but it's boring so I am headed out to the workshop to resurrect an old six light window frame for the Mrs. so she can make up another one of her custom fused glass pieces.

The following users liked this post:
Shovelhead (11-04-2018)
Old 11-04-2018, 05:26 PM

Very beautiful artwork. Very creative. My wife created a bowl (guess that is what you would call it) about a month ago. Did the artwork on a
flat piece of glass which was then heated over a large tin can. The glass slowly softened and folded ever so neatly around the can with
curls and folds. The end result was quite dramatic. Had never seen that done before. Those are very sharp, Yamaki.

Bob
Old 11-04-2018, 06:10 PM

Thanks, Bob.

Yes, that's the same sort of process the Mrs. uses with her glass. She builds it all starting with a picture and a clear piece of glass. Then she cuts the various pieces of colored glass and does a "tack fuse" to get it to stick all together. That is followed by a few more embellishments and then a final fire using forms or not depending on the final piece design.

Michael

Old 11-04-2018, 06:34 PM

Nice artwork. My wife's idea of artwork is putting swirls in the cat litter box after she's scooped out the turds..

Really....
The following users liked this post:
cougar (11-05-2018)
Old 11-05-2018, 05:01 AM

There - - that yellow one is very similar to the wife's concoction - - very cool. She gets a lot of comments. Your wife does some beautiful stuff.
New day, new week, one day and then we get to vote. Can't wait. Tired of all this bitterness and stupid blustering. The Dems say they don't want a border
wall, then they build all kinds of walls in congress and toward the progress of our country. Let's all become Americans and move on.

Fresh ph00 and coffee on the counter, fed the dragon and let him/her out. Too early to pick up any breakfast.

…..……………….……………….
Old 11-05-2018, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
There - - that yellow one is very similar to the wife's concoction - - very cool. She gets a lot of comments. Your wife does some beautiful stuff.
New day, new week, one day and then we get to vote. Can't wait. Tired of all this bitterness and stupid blustering. The Dems say they don't want a border
wall, then they build all kinds of walls in congress and toward the progress of our country. Let's all become Americans and move on.

Fresh ph00 and coffee on the counter, fed the dragon and let him/her out. Too early to pick up any breakfast.

…..……………….……………….
Bob,

although I feel the exact same as you've just posted above, I thought it was some, unknown, cardinal rule that politics are not to be talked about in the breakroom ?

Or has that policy changed.

Don't get me wrong. I've been waiting for what seems a lifetime to go and vote Menendez, and all the other stooges out, or at least attempt to. Been talking about this for months. I might.... yes, said I MIGHT even stay up late (past 9:00) to see how the voting is moving along..... if I physically can, that is.

Spilled boiling hot tea on myself this AM.. Somewhere between 1st and 2nd degree. Afraid to look at it for bubbles or not. Figure it is what it is.

Grabbing another cup, and heading to the post office. Maybe I'll lie down in the rocks, while it sprinkles this AM and remove the trans pan from the dodge. Stupid rain. God, sometimes I feel as though I live in Florida.... this rain every couple days. YUK !

See yas..

Old 11-05-2018, 10:03 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from a foggy Paradise. This morning we had a fair amount of fog at sunrise, but the sun is rapidly burning it off. Very unusual day yesterday in that it drizzled on and off all day and half the night. Never saw the sun all day. This is definitely not common weather for this part of the world. Doubt if we get more than 2 or 3 days a year where we do not see the sun all day. In one way I am glad for the wet roads because that will wash the bottom of my truck and the wheel wells. Been doing some driving on country roads where lots of cattle every day are driven down the road. They leave lots of "deposits" which the wheels splash up everywhere. My truck was starting to stink. On this road it is common to come up to a herd of cattle coming towards me and need to stop while the herd splits and pass by each side of the truck. Occasionally there are goats too. Goats do not make as much mess on the road as cattle.

Yamika, welcome to the breakroom. Come more often. Your wife does fantastic work.

NJYman, don't quote me, but suspect that passing political occasional comments such as the above is OK, but do not start a whole new political or conversational political subject. That belongs in the political section.

My ever present todo list is waiting, so had better toddle of and see if I can reduce it a bit. It is lovely and sunny outside, so can work outside in my shorts again.

Ciao
Old 11-05-2018, 10:26 AM

The end is tomorrow.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:05 PM

Up at first light this AM (not hard to do since the change to Standard time ), got some coffee going, read the news, then went for a swim. Got home and got back in the workshop.

Finished up repairs and sanding the window frame for the Mrs. Next I'll apply a light green & white paint wash which I'll do later this week. The artist plans on firing her glass art for this frame within the next couple of days so now I'm on the clock to finish it. But then again, what's the rush, right????

Wife made brunch (pancakes, eggs, sausage, apple) and I did some tidying up while that was being prepared.

Now I have some laundry going and am listening to some music. The weather outside has gone from foggy to wet so it will be a good afternoon to peruse some firearm sites and see if anything strikes my fancy.

Quick Reply: Come and Share Breakroom Nov 4 - 10