Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Come and Get It Breakroom July 23/29

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 05:41 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Come and Get It Breakroom July 23/29

Scrambled eggs, bacon, ham, sausage, home fries, grits, fruit, fresh coffee/ph00/hot chocolate all ready for your consumption. Git in here and sit a spell. New week, new challenges, new opportunities. Let's git in on.

L8R
Old 07-23-2017, 06:22 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning. I am here. Thanks Bob, nice spread - except for the gritty sand. Or maybe that is what you call grits? I am sitting and waiting for others to meander in, but so far it is just the two of us.

Was looking for what was left of an old can of paint yesterday, but could not find it. Was sure that I had some left over from the last job. Ended up clearing out a few dozen old cans out of the storage area and throwing them out and now have quite a lot of empty shelves. Wonder how soon other 'junk' will accumulate to fill this space? How does this work? What started out as a quick touch 15 minute up job ended up taking almost two hours once I got into the workshop cleaning mode.

The last few weeks we have experienced some great weather. Not very hot at all and sometimes a bit of rain in the late afternoon or at night. Can almost hear the grass and weeds growing.

Nobody else here, so leaving. See yuh.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:06 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Dryer then a popcorn phart here. 2 mm of rain in total so far this season.
send rain

I came in and heard synchronized snoring.
dragon was the quiet one.

There's Stanadian (I sent u a PM awhile back), Bobbydependable and the Dragon curled up in the corner. All bellies full and morning nap time.

I had nothing to do with the black marker make up. That was Lary. I did the red make up.
cute lil trio.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:19 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Scotty, no PM received. Want to try again?
Old 07-23-2017, 09:19 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Yum great breakfast Bob thanks!

New week, try not to waste it!

Get er done!
Old 07-23-2017, 10:12 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Someone must have been hungry, there's nothing left. Made a fresh pot of coffee.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:28 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GoodEvening all! Ph00 was just as I expected it to be... horrible. Doesn't anyone make REAL coffee anymore?

Hey, I was talking with a friend of mine, (yes I have friends!), and he used to work at Cummins in Indiana. I asked him what the deal was with those 53 blocks that kept cracking, (remember those?), and here is his reply:

"Scott bad casting... Probably porosity. Cummins does really extensive quality control these days, maybe not as good in those days... Every hundred I think blocks they do a "millipore" where they slice one like a Virginia smoked ham in a deli. Then they inspect porosity etc. I'd say they were a little looser on QC back then. Only two foundries in the world big enough to handle the volume for Cummins, and Tupy is the better of the two they say... So you're stuck with whatever Tupy sends ya pretty much... If you get a bad casting you may not find the issue until after 7-8 hours of machining is invested in it. Tupy will reimburse you with one more blank casting. It's mostly a losing proposition but they've pretty much got Cummins over a barrel. Just at mid-range plant there is a block salvage department to try and save everything possible, but they still scrap dozens of blocks a week. Approximate engine production 5-600 per day for comparison, out of two shifts typically 8-9 hours each. The block machine line runs 3 shifts around the clock, working lunches, and if there's no issues at all, it takes over 7 hours to machine a block from blank casting to finished product. The block machine line and engine assembly lines are in the same building at mid range plant."

I thought that was pretty amazing, 5 to 600 engines a DAY. Just thought I'd share!
Old 07-24-2017, 06:58 AM

Scott, quit bellyaching and get yer lazy butt in here and make everybody some real coffee and ph00! You are missed.

Cool article re Cummins, thanks. Am guessing that the block machines must be NC or CNC.

Sigh, seeing that the janitor is not here, will try to make some semi drinkable coffee and ph00. No grub.

Been watching the DTR membership climbing fast and maybe by the end of the month it could hit 100,000?

Lots to do today, so off and atem. Ciao.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:54 AM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Morning Folks

Awful rainy the last couple days in Ohio
Old 07-24-2017, 07:24 PM

Hey, ph00 still tastes purdy good, even after all this time. Sorry, couldn't make it sooner. Worked in the yard again from 6:30am to 12:30pm. Hot, humid and hauling heavy bags of fertilizer, pulling weeds and dead plants, fertilized all plants today. Wow, my back is killing me. I hurt so bad. Then, neighbor called. They just got back from a trip to Cuba - - she fell in Cuba and broke two vertebrae. She is hurting so bad she cannot walk and her husband is blind. So, I hustled up some fixin's for them and ran down to restaurant and brought them back a big pizza - - they love the stuff. Tomorrow I will go to story and get them some frozen dinners that she can put in micro and he can at least get them out. Checking into Meals on Wheels for them. Then I had to go over to the other neighbor whose garage door magically keeps opening - - or he can't figure out how to not open it as he drives away. Close it and go out the side garage door and lock it. Then had to help neighbor beside me with an electrical problem - - the whole time hardly walking myself from the pain. Pooooorrrr Bobby - - yeh I know - - y'all just bleeding for me. ..................

OK, back on the heating pad and cuddle back and watch TV for once. That will be a change. Be good. Morry.

Bobby
ps: sure nice seeing some nice new old faces around here again.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:54 PM
Admin Team Leader

Glad you are happy to see me Bob but my face while old.... is certainly not new

Breakfast will be hosted by Cracker Barrel in the morning...taking reservations now so don't miss out!
Old 07-25-2017, 08:58 AM
Admin Team Leader

Breakfast is being served from Cracker Barrel this morning...lots of hot coffee and phoo for you know who

Bacon is great and I know I shouldn't but I am eyeballing the biscuits and gravy after I finish the omelet

Come and get it!
Old 07-25-2017, 11:13 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mornin.

Scott, good read from your 'friend' at Cummins.

Hope everyone is well. Just wanted to check in and say hello.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:40 PM

Sorry I missed breakfast - - - been out car shopping all day for my granddaughter. I had looked forward to a big Western Omelet, fruit cup and nanner bread. Waaaahhhhhh.

Interesting to see the tastes of the young people today. And, this made me look at cars/crossovers I have not checked out in years. And, then to read reports on problems, resale values, longevity and costs is anther eye opener. The day ended with her going back home with no newer vehicle but lots of directions to look.

Phoo still smells good so I will indulge in some of that. YEH....................
Old 07-26-2017, 07:13 AM

Good morning peoples. That applies to you too, even if at this time of the day you do not exactly feel human.

Fresh coffee and ph00 is ready. Leftover and half eaten Cracker Barrel food in the fridge. Gave some grits to the dragon and it rejected them. Don't blame it at all.

Still fantastic weather here every day. Scattered rain almost every day too in areas all around me. Everything has been very green now for almost 3 months. Lawn now needs mowing every week.

My to-do list is still growing, even tho I keep knocking stuff off of it. Guess that is life. Off to tackle another couple of jobs today.

Hey newbies, come on into the breakroom and participate in whatever way turns your crank.

Just to lighten this place up a tad, here are a few one liners to try to take that sourpuss expression off your face;

BEAUTY PARLOR - A place where women curl up and dye.
CHICKENS - The only animal you eat before they are born and after they are dead.
COMMITTEE - A body that keeps minutes and wastes hours.
DUST - Mud with the juice squeezed out.
EGOTIST - Someone who is usually me-deep in conversation
HANDKERCHIEF - Cold Storage
INFLATION - Cutting money in half without damaging the paper.
MOSQUITO - An insect that makes you like flies better.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS - A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority.
RAISIN - A grape with a sunburn
SECRET - A story you tell to one person at a time.
SKELETON - A bunch of bones with the person scraped off
TOOTHACHE - The pain that drives you to extraction.
TOMORROW - One of the greatest labor saving devices of today.
YAWN - An honest opinion openly expressed.
WRINKLES - Something other people have....similar to my character lines.
OLD - I very quietly confided to my friend that I was having an Affair.
She turned to me and asked, "Are you having it catered?"
. . . and that, my friend, is the definition of 'OLD'!!!

See yuh.

Quick Reply: Come and Get It Breakroom July 23/29