Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Colorado Trip (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/colorado-trip-53068/)

crobtex 10-18-2004 01:05 PM

Colorado Trip

If I decide I can afford the fuel, I'll be leaving for Colorado to bag my cow elk within the next.

I'm going to Colbran via Raton, Pueblo, Montrose, Delta and Ceder Edge.

I'm not sure what my driving hours will be, but if it's convienent, I'd like to buy some of you folks a cup on my up or back.

Since my PM box stays full, email me at txdtr@yahoo.com.

FiverBob 10-19-2004 07:23 AM

Hmmmm, all ready snowing out there - - think I will stay home for now. In fact, might head down to the keys and hunt some lobster. [laugh] [laugh]

ColdBloodedBob

crobtex 10-19-2004 07:27 AM

Trust me Bob, I'm pretty darn cold blooded myself! I can go up there and stay for a couple of weeks, and then it's back to the haven of the North Texas mild winters.

I've done some crabbing on the Texas coast, but never tried the lobster thingy.

PistolWhipt 10-19-2004 07:57 AM

Crobtex ..... you are supposed to eat the tail ... not the "thingy" [laugh] [laugh]

PISTOL

crobtex 10-19-2004 08:00 AM

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

I'll try to make myself a little clearer next time.:D

PistolWhipt 10-19-2004 08:16 AM

Fiver, I will be heading back to the Keys this weekend ... if you get down that way, give me a shout. I have a few frosty adult beverages in the cooler to share.

PISTOL

HOHN 10-19-2004 11:35 AM

Crobtex, if you come farther NOrth, you're welcome at my place always.

Justin

crobtex 10-19-2004 12:31 PM

HOHN

Thanks for the offer. :)

With the price of fuel, it's all I can do to make the 2k mile trip. :(

Thanks Again,
Charlie

amartinson 10-19-2004 02:03 PM

Originally posted by PistolWhipt
Crobtex ..... you are supposed to eat the tail ... not the "thingy" [laugh] [laugh]

PISTOL

LMAO[laugh] [laugh]

P.O.R. 10-19-2004 06:32 PM

crobtex, are you hunting the third season that starts on the 30th,i'am leaving on the 27th for that season,will be hunting south of steamboat in white river national forest,hoping for cool weather and lots of white stuff... :)

cumminsboy 10-20-2004 03:36 PM

Just got back today from hunting the second(had to come home early for work). Camped in the Dry Creek Basin and hunted around Lone Cone and Pony Draw in the southwest part of Colorado. Saw a bunch but was all on private land, oh well, maybe next year. Good luck on your hunt crobtex, and throw a snowball for me. cumminsboy

crobtex 10-21-2004 07:28 AM

P.O.R. and cumminsboy,

There was so much white stuff year before last it made hunting almost impossible. Pretty, but hard to hunt.

I know the Lone Cone area. There is a lot of game, but that area does have a lot of private land. Which way did you come in? Were you close to Miramonte Reservoir? That's one of the best fishing places I've found in Colorado. Shhhh....don't tell anyone.

cumminsboy 10-21-2004 01:13 PM

Crobtex, we came in through Cortez and Dove Creek and camped in Dry Creek Basin. Generally, we were in between Norwood and Delores. We went by Miramonte but weren't campes to close to it. Beautiful country though. Good luck huntin'. cumminsboy

PistolWhipt 10-22-2004 05:55 AM

I went to high school in Dove Creek .... they have a couple pretty good elk herds going down there these days. As I remember it, there was always pretty good hunting down in Dissapointment Valley heading towards Naturita / Uravan.

PISTOL

crobtex 10-22-2004 06:32 AM

Dissapointment Valley......Anyone who has been across there knows why it has that name. That valley seems to be the dividing line between forrest land and farm land.