Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Coffee, ph00, tea and chat breakroom - Jan 20 - 26 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/coffee-ph00-tea-chat-breakroom-jan-20-26-a-309559/)

FiverBob 01-20-2013 05:23 AM

Coffee, ph00, tea and chat breakroom - Jan 20 - 26

Fresh coffee, wonderful marvelous delicious ph00, hot water for Claude and good (mostly) company are awaiting your arrival. Why are you still in bed? Come and get it. Rise and shine.

Bob

jhenson 01-20-2013 05:25 AM

Breakroom 1/20 - 1/26

Up an at 'em folks. Took it upon myself to start the room up this morning seeing as how no one else is awake. Got the coffee going (unleaded this morning), and some fresh buttermilk biscuits are on the counter.......help yourselves. Hopefully by the time I get home there will be some history here to be learned....uh, Scot, that's your cue buddy!!!

I better get back to work. Later.

chaikwa 01-20-2013 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by FiverBob (Post 3161475)
Why are you still in bed? Come and get it.

Originally Posted by jhenson (Post 3161476)
Hopefully by the time I get home there will be some history here to be learned....uh, Scot, that's your cue buddy!!!

I've BEEN up for half an hour. I'd have the history all done if I didn't hafta merge two breakrooms into one. :hehe:

Today is Sunday, SUNDAY, SUNDAY! January 20th, 2013.

In 1801, John Marshall was appointed chief justice of the United States.

1841 - The island of Hong Kong was ceded to Great Britain. It returned to Chinese control in July 1997.

1885 - The roller coaster was patented by L.A. Thompson.

1887 - The U.S. Senate approved an agreement to lease Pearl Harbor in Hawaii as a naval base.

1891 - James Hogg took office as the first native-born governor of Texas.

1937 - Franklin Delano Roosevelt became the first U.S. President to be inaugurated on January 20th. The 20th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution officially set the date for the swearing in of the President and Vice President.

1942 - Nazi officials held the Wannsee conference, during which they arrived at their "final solution" that called for exterminating Europe's Jews.

1944 - The British RAF dropped 2,300 tons of bombs on Berlin.

1981 - Iran released 52 Americans that had been held hostage for 444 days. The hostages were flown to Algeria and then to a U.S. base in Wiesbaden, West Germany. The release occurred minutes after the U.S. presidency had passed from Jimmy Carter to Ronald Reagan.

1986 - The U.S. observed the first federal holiday in honor of slain civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr.

1986 - New footage of the 1931 "Frankenstein" was found. The footage was originally deleted because it was considered to be too shocking.

1994 - Shannon Faulkner became the first woman to attend classes at The Citadel in South Carolina. Faulkner joined the cadet corps in August 1995 under court order but soon dropped out.

1997 - Bill Clinton was inaugurated for his second term as president of the United States.

1999 - The China News Service announced that the Chinese government was tightening restrictions on internet use. The rules were aimed at 'Internet Bars.'

Think about it: A sin hidden is half-forgiven. (Larry Dean Hutchings)

There's more than enough coffee, tea and ph00 for everyone. I'm going to get donuts.

slevhansen 01-20-2013 06:36 AM

Thanks for the coffee [coffee] just what I needed after helping my dad home at the farm in this -8c weather...brrrr

It is a beautiful day though, clear sky and the sun is shining, good day to sit inside and look out.[laugh]

Those biscuits are good too, dunk dunk mmmm... better now.
Weatherguys are saying the cold will stay for at least a week, maybe a little snow too.
JWBM has your farmer gotten his excavator out of itīs hole??

Hope everybody enjoys their sunday as much as I do, gonna watch a handballgame later, any of you guys know that game?
Got a little cash on it, and a good cold one ready, canīt go bad if you ask me.

Slev

chaikwa 01-20-2013 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by slevhansen (Post 3161480)
... helping my dad home at the farm in this -8c weather...brrrr

Did you help your dad GET to home at the farm, or help your dad, at home at the farm? [laugh]

gonna watch a handball game later, any of you guys know that game?

It's not really considered a game here but more of a bad habit. Illegal too if you perform it in public places. Some even consider it a sin and say it'll make you go blind if you do it too much! [whistle]

slevhansen 01-20-2013 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by chaikwa (Post 3161481)
Did you help your dad GET to home at the farm, or help your dad, at home at the farm? [laugh]

It's not really considered a game here but more of a bad habit. Illegal too if you perform it in public places. Some even consider it a sin and say it'll make you go blind if you do it too much! [whistle]

At home at the farm... and that other thing is called pocketpool, not handball...

Slev

chaikwa 01-20-2013 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by slevhansen (Post 3161482)
at home at the farm... And that other thing is called pocketpool, not handball...

Slev

i-c

jhenson 01-20-2013 07:55 AM

Can't believe Bobby got the jump on me this morning. Better luck next week, maybe. Coffee and pHoO......mmmmmmm!!! Buscuits are quite tasty if I do say so myself. Off to bed.....1 more 12hr shift and I'm done till Thursday!!!

Later folks.

rebal 01-20-2013 08:13 AM

Morning every one ,its cold out I think I will ask the wife to go start the truck (and after I pick my self up off the floor) have some coffee and humble pie .I need a remote start

Tallguy67 01-20-2013 09:03 AM

Morning all y'all. I am just chillaxing with a coffee before the day gets going. Crazy Alberta weather!! When I went to bed last night it was 26F and just the slightest hint of a breeze, by midnight we had 60mph winds and now it is -1F!!! I think Mother Nature is having a temper tantrum.

Ok, time to make breakfast.

cougar 01-20-2013 10:05 AM

Wow, bunches of you awake this AM. Dreampt someone tried to drown my cat last night. Not a good way to wake up from a sound sleep.

slevhansen 01-20-2013 03:07 PM

While you guys are goodmornin' I'll be goodnightin', lost on my bet on that ballgame...had my money on a danish win by 6 goals and they won by 7 [verymad]So close but no cigar[laugh]

Slev

NE frmhnd 01-20-2013 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by rebal (Post 3161496)
Morning every one ,its cold out I think I will ask the wife to go start the truck (and after I pick my self up off the floor) have some coffee and humble pie .I need a remote start

You know, I bet you could rig up a remote start and disguise it as a block heater. When you go out reach in, turn the key on, unplug it, and you're good to go.

Hope everybody enjoys their sunday as much as I do, gonna watch a handballgame later, any of you guys know that game?
Got a little cash on it, and a good cold one ready, canīt go bad if you ask me.

Slev

First time I've heard of betting on pocketpool.

Originally Posted by cougar (Post 3161512)
Wow, bunches of you awake this AM. Dreampt someone tried to drown my cat last night. Not a good way to wake up from a sound sleep.

The other morning I dreamt I was back driving for Schnieder and pulled into a place with a white daycab instead of an orange condo and went in to see where they needed me, came out, and my truck was three blocks down over a hill in a swamp, and people said I hadn't set the brakes. I woke up about to punch something, what I don't know.

Scotty 01-20-2013 03:42 PM

hi

bye

chaikwa 01-20-2013 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by cougar (Post 3161512)

Nope. I hate dreams like that. The other night I dreamed Jake was going bald because he had some kind of doggy gisease. :yikes:

Originally Posted by Scotty (Post 3161582)
hi

bye

That's it? We go to all the trouble of making a breakroom just for you, and you come in here and do a fly-by? [nonono]

Evening all.

Got the frame, tongue and running gear all assembled for the new sawmill I'm building for a customer. This will be a good'urn too because I learned all the bad things with the first one!