Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Cinco de Mayo breakroom 4/49 through 5/5

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2018, 08:14 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Cinco de Mayo breakroom 4/49 through 5/5

Well another April has nearly passed, and its showers are whisking us away off of the top of this mountain in Eastern Pennsylvania, not far from the Lehigh river.

Started off as a bright, calm sunny morning, rushed us back to the car, or get pummeled by wind, rain and hail. Rained all the way back home, but isn't that what April showers bringing May flowers is all about?

Today, I've cooked up 5 lbs of porkroll (aka Taylor ham), five lbs of cooked , fried eggs, 3 pounds of different cheeses on the table, and a basket of hardrolls, both seeded and nonseeded. Sterno flames keeping the food warm. There are a couple hot sauces and ketchup on the side for all to dig into.

Coffee, flavored "Bob" style ph00 , hot tea, hot chocolate, fruit juices, and diet sodas for those who like that stuff.

I need to remember to keep off of mountains just before a major storm-front moves in, cause it wasn't fun running with 3 dogs , being pelted by hail, rain and wind. Wife had the senile, blind, handicapped old girl to contend with, and she was of no use telling us about the storm moving in, cause she can't see anything coming our way !

So, eat all the porkroll, egg and cheese sandwiches up, because by the end,of the week, its Cinco de Mayo, and all them yummy south of the border foods will be heading your way.
Attached Thumbnails Cinco de Mayo breakroom 4/49 through 5/5-0428181650-1024x576.jpg   Cinco de Mayo breakroom 4/49 through 5/5-0428181650_hdr-1024x576.jpg   Cinco de Mayo breakroom 4/49 through 5/5-0428181640d-1024x576.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2018, 08:54 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from Paradise where our normally clear blue skies today have a slight covering of patchy cloud, but still lots of sun. Those clouds should disappear shortly but then later may reappear again. No wind right now and the temps are climbing nicely. Just came inside from sitting outside on the terrace swing with a coffee watching the birds flying through the lawn sprinklers. Rain forecast for midweek, so this could be the start of the rainy season.

WHOA! What a spread!!!!! I suspect that this spread beats all previous DTR spreads and will cause some of us to spread out around the belt area. Where do I start with such a selection. Thanks - I think.

Hey, I am south of the border and will NOT be heading your way. Lots of good food right here.

Monday and Tuesday most businesses and I think also the schools are shut down for Cinco de Mayo. Have lots to do, so no holiday for me.

Back for some hot chocolate and more delicious food that my body does not need.

See yuh.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:12 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
How do you keep your parks so clean? ares are covered in dog poo and booz bottles.
Rainy and windy today. Gotta go rescue the 01 from the big city. Lift pump croaked again.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by cougar
How do you keep your parks so clean? ares are covered in dog poo and booz bottles.
Rainy and windy today. Gotta go rescue the 01 from the big city. Lift pump croaked again.
Oh, where I live in NJ, we have parks covered in dog crap, booze bottles, and lots of other drug paraphernalia. Those pics are from yesterday in Pennsylvania. Its a lot nicer there, hence our search for a new home.

So this morning I get up, and these guys are sitting on my front porch. I go out, and they said they were looking for dodge truck parts, and some dude from up north sent them here. They pretended to not speak English, but I was onto them. Sent them on their way, as my 16 year old blind, senile 20 lb Beagle jumped in her handicapped cart, and ran them off my property. Man, that was something to,behold....
Thanks man! I appreciate the referral, but enough of that for now
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
Danderson (04-30-2018)
Old 04-30-2018, 06:24 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Hola from somewhat cloudy Paradise. Been seeing blue skies for so long now that a few clouds are welcome. Maybe some rain over the next few days. Good, it's needed as the ground is very dry. Need to add extra time to the sprinklers lately to keep the lawn looking nice and green.

Almost finished cleaning up from the renters. Can't say they damaged much, but they sure did not do diddly to fix anything either. For example, if a cupboard hinge came loose, did they tighten it? Nooooooooo. Almost everything I touched needed some kind of work. The hose from the faucet to the toilet tank in one bathroom had been leaking for a long time, leaving thick calcium deposits on the tile floor. Can clean it up, but that takes lot of time as this is quite thick. If they would have reported the leak to me, I could have installed a new hose in minutes. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Too late to make coffee of ph00. In any case, why bother, ain't nobody here anyway.

Ciao.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by NJTman
Sent them on their way, as my 16 year old blind, senile 20 lb Beagle JUMPED in her handicapped cart, and RAN them off my property. Man, that was something to behold....
Blind, senile, handicapped, jumped, ran .......... something does not add up here????
Old 04-30-2018, 06:52 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Good morning from Paradise where our normally clear blue skies today have a slight covering of patchy cloud, but still lots of sun. Those clouds should disappear shortly but then later may reappear again. No wind right now and the temps are climbing nicely. Just came inside from sitting outside on the terrace swing with a coffee watching the birds flying through the lawn sprinklers. Rain forecast for midweek, so this could be the start of the rainy season.

WHOA! What a spread!!!!! I suspect that this spread beats all previous DTR spreads and will cause some of us to spread out around the belt area. Where do I start with such a selection. Thanks - I think.

Hey, I am south of the border and will NOT be heading your way. Lots of good food right here.

Monday and Tuesday most businesses and I think also the schools are shut down for Cinco de Mayo. Have lots to do, so no holiday for me.

Back for some hot chocolate and more delicious food that my body does not need.

See yuh.
What altitude do you live at? Based on your reports you must be up a bit.
Central Mexico can get obscenely humid and hot at the lower altitudes.
Old 04-30-2018, 07:11 PM

This city is just over 6,000 feet. It's a bit hilly, so driving only about 20 miles can take that altitude to about 6,500'. This is a lovely temperate climate and seldom gets very hot or cold. Only occasionally does the temperature get above 90 degrees and at that high temp, everybody is 'dying', even the Mexican's. Those temperatures never last for more than a few days and then it cools off. In the winter the lows occasionally dip to just below freezing for day or three but by 10 a.m it is back up to around 60 degrees. If I am out driving early, then use the heater, but after noon need the A/C again. Humidity in the summer is normally 10 - 20% and sometimes even single digits. Only after rain do we see very high humidity and that does not stay for very long. It is 40% as I type this and a temp of 78*.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:51 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Just running thr00 to catch my ph00 - - - BUT b00 wh00, no ph00.

So, fresh ph00 and coffee on the counter, but been on the job since daybreak, so no time for goodies. Hopefully someone can help us out there.

Me gone for more work - - b00 wh00............

BusyBob
Old 05-01-2018, 09:45 AM

Had a box of granola bars in the cabinet. On the counter for u fast movers. They expired back in 2010, but I'm sure their goodness won't kill anyone. Just make sure you have close proximity to a portable bathroom.

Thanks for the coffee, Bob.
Old 05-04-2018, 06:51 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow, sure stuffy in here. Dragon went crazy when I came in - - pawing at me for attention, licking my arm, wanted petting and food. Soooo, found something under the sink that looks like his/her food - - he/she loved it. Made fresh coffee and ph00, opened windows, doors, cleaned sink and counter, cleaned dragons litter box, sprayed some stinky stuff around.

Ph00 is ready, filling my mug and back to work - - sure glad when this little stage in my life slows down. Y'all have a great day.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:07 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Donuts on the counter...thanks for the coffee Bob!
Old 05-04-2018, 12:34 PM

Someone et all the dognuts n left the holes.
High winds and heavy rain again this weekend. So much for my plans of working on the house. Can't get to it until it either drys out or I get the driveway fixed.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:37 AM

Not so windy and wet today. Going to try and get all my remodeling materials in the utility trailer today.
Old 05-05-2018, 04:19 PM

Well, folks...
Cinco de Mayo is here, and almost gone.

I'm in my garage / workshop having a beer, after a long day out in the 55* f weather working on a couple small projects for the day. Spectacular it was a day ...

I'm outside while the wife is inside sobbing over her mom passing last June. Its a normal Saturday night, here at the "T-man" festival. Drinking my first beer for all the guys out there in Cummins diesel land, wherever that may be.

Happy festivus to y'all, and stay safe, and as far away from crazy women out there...

Later..
Attached Thumbnails Cinco de Mayo breakroom 4/49 through 5/5-0505181711-1-768x1055.jpg  

Quick Reply: Cinco de Mayo breakroom 4/49 through 5/5