Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Chrysler And Dodge Lifetime Powertrain Warranty!!!

Old 07-26-2007, 02:33 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Chrysler And Dodge Lifetime Powertrain Warranty!!!

Just saw on the news that as of today all new vehicle sales will include to the original owner a lifetime powertrain warranty! Prettu cool!
Old 07-26-2007, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That will be void if you even sneeze on the motor. J/K. I hope with this new ownership we'll see Dodge come out of this previous warranty nightmare.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:53 PM

this is being discussed in the 3rd gen section as well. they arent covering diesel powered vehicles....
Old 07-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Banned

put in a headlight from napa, and you're voided.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:17 PM

I assume they'll only honor that warranty if you have all services and/or parts bought from the dealer. In the end, you'll lose more money if that's the case. And you can't have any fun with it, it would be like a company vehicle except you're paying for it.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:38 PM

Yup says NO Diesel vehicles. That REALLY sucks..
Old 07-26-2007, 04:42 PM

Probably says no diesels because they know, diesel owners are more likely to keep the vehicle longer than a year or two.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by wrglrroper
Probably says no diesels because they know, diesel owners are more likely to keep the vehicle longer than a year or two.
Good point.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by wrglrroper

Or cause they know that a lot of diesel owners mod the heck and beat the tar out of their trucks.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:03 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There are laws in place that will protect you from having to have the dealer perform regular maintenance. I think it will be a good thing for Chrysler and Dodge. It will surely bring more of a following. It will also almost force other manufactuers to do something comparable. Something like this needed to be done to bolster new car sales.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:10 PM

Here's a couple of links:

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/26/b...rain-warranty/

http://www.trucktrend.com/features/n...train_warranty
Old 07-26-2007, 07:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by vzdude
There are laws in place that will protect you from having to have the dealer perform regular maintenance. I think it will be a good thing for Chrysler and Dodge. It will surely bring more of a following. It will also almost force other manufactuers to do something comparable. Something like this needed to be done to bolster new car sales.

Having the law on your side doesn't do you much good when it's you against their army of lawyers. They can afford to pay the big bucks to retain the THREAT of legal action that will cost more than it's worth. How long does it take to wrack up legal bills that exceed the value of that short block you are trying to get replaced?

Just the THREAT of losing in court is enough to make the law irrelevant when it's on your side.

jh
Old 07-26-2007, 07:49 PM

Chrysler announces lifetime powertrain warranty

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/07/26/b...rain-warranty/

Chrysler today leapfrogged every other car maker by extending its powertrain warranty on every new car and truck it sells to the life of the vehicle. The warranty will apply to the entire powertrain including the engine, transmission/transaxle, drive shafts, and axles. The new warranty goes into effect today, July 26, 2007 and applies to all new 2007s that are on the dealer lots as well as 2008 models.

The warranty covers all parts and labor as long as the owner brings the car in to a Chrysler dealer at least once every five years for a free powertrain inspection. Apparently, the only fly in the ointment is that the new warranty applies to the original owner and is not transferable. If the car is sold within the first three years, the warranty reverts to the previous 3 year/36,000 mile coverage for subsequent owners. The press release is after the jump.

[Source: Chrysler]

UPDATE: The new warranty's logo has been added above. What do you think - infinity symbol with wheels a clever logo or too confusing?

Chrysler Introduces New 'Best-in-Industry' Lifetime Powertrain Warranty
on Chrysler, Jeep® and Dodge Vehicles

* The New Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty – the first from an OEM and the longest in the industry – is a statement of confidence in the reliability of Chrysler products
* Warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair covered powertrain components – engine, transmission and drive system
* Provides worry-free ownership for new Chrysler, Jeep® and Dodge owners

Auburn Hills, Mich., Jul 26, 2007 - Chrysler today announced that the Company would extend its powertrain warranty from the 3-year/36,000-mile Basic Limited Warranty to a new Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. The new Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty applies to most new Chrysler, Jeep® and Dodge vehicles purchased from dealer inventory and delivered on or after July 26, 2007.

The Lifetime Powertrain Warranty covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair covered powertrain components – engine, transmission and drive system. The new powertrain warranty is limited to the first registered owner or retail lessee. Customers should contact dealers for details on vehicle selection.

"This new Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty is a statement of confidence to our customers to the reliability of their powertrain. It's peace-of-mind reassurance for as long as they own the vehicle," said Steven Landry, Executive Vice President – North America, Sales and Marketing, Service and Parts, Chrysler Group.

To continue warranty coverage, the owner must have a powertrain inspection performed by an authorized Chrysler, Jeep or Dodge dealer once every 5 years. This inspection will be performed at no charge. The inspection must be made within 60 days of each 5-year anniversary of the warranty start date of the vehicle.

Landry added, "The new Chrysler Lifetime Powertrain Warranty underscores our focus on quality and customer satisfaction. It demonstrates our commitment to customers and the confidence we have in our ability to produce quality, reliable and durable vehicles. That's why we put 'lifetime' on it."

Customers may visit Chrysler.com, Jeep.com and Dodge.com for more information. A warranty promotion – print, radio, television and Internet – begins Friday, July 27.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:53 PM

I read somewhere else that it does not cover the diesel engines, nor the SRT engines.

I can't find it though, and honestly, with this bad headache I've got right now, I don't really care to look for it.

I am glad they are doing this though, might bring them some more customers. I know what I will buy if I ever decide to get a new vehicle.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:15 PM

Where does it say diesel vehicles are not covered?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chrysler And Dodge Lifetime Powertrain Warranty!!!