Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Wow, time for a new breakroom already. August 5 - 11

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 02:29 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Wow, time for a new breakroom already. August 5 - 11

Can't believe it - - another week in the history book. Too late for breakfast, but I did put on some fresh coffee and ph00 and brought some apple pie and put ice cream in the freezer.

Cougar - - answering your last post from previous breakroom. Sell your property and move out a bit to cheaper land. Hit your computer and research using Styrofoam to build a home. Getting more popular down this way. The insulating factor is amazing and can be built by a couple men and relatively cheap to build. The insulating factor will go a long way toward savings on heating fuel. Have seen some pretty neat houses from Styrofoam. My neighbor at the ranch had my son-in-law put him up one. He commented his electric bill is less than 1/2 of what it was previously.

Gunna go do something I never do - - take a short nap. Really sleepy. Up too late last night. …………………..
Old 08-05-2018, 04:28 PM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Mmmm... Apple pie and ice cream. Awesome Bob!

Thanks!

Painted my nuts and used them for good, today. Came home with a bunch of money, and the wife didn't have to touch my nuts at all, being I had just painted them. Primed, then black. Fun stuff!
Attached Thumbnails Wow, time for a new breakroom already.  August 5 - 11-0804181832-1-1024x876.jpg   Wow, time for a new breakroom already.  August 5 - 11-0804181835-1-1024x950.jpg   Wow, time for a new breakroom already.  August 5 - 11-0804181853-1-1024x866.jpg  
Old 08-07-2018, 04:51 AM

Wow.

Smells like dead people in here.

Oh my, You don't think that this place is full of dead people, do you ?

Oh well, put on a pot of coffee, spiced with dead people revival dust, and out the door. Got a date with a fish today, and we get to see if I can still hook em, after 20 years of not trying.

Guten Abend mein fräulein
Old 08-07-2018, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by NJTman
Guten Abend mein fräulein
UUUHHH - - - - - ISHKABIBBLE ALL OVER YOU TOO.* YEH...………..

Hi gang - - slowed down enough to see what is happening on here.* Not much.* Put on a short pot of ph00, left just enough for y00.** ………………..

Off to meeting this evening.* L8R

Old 08-07-2018, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by FiverBob
UUUHHH - - - - - ISHKABIBBLE ALL OVER YOU TOO.* YEH...………..

Hi gang - - slowed down enough to see what is happening on here.* Not much.* Put on a short pot of ph00, left just enough for y00.** ………………..

Off to meeting this evening.* L8R

I watched too much hot and hogans heroes as a kid.
Spent a few hours on the Atlantic, catching flounder, dogfish and sea robin. Nice to get away for a few

Attached Thumbnails Wow, time for a new breakroom already.  August 5 - 11-0807180934-1024x576.jpg  
Old 08-07-2018, 09:12 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Spent a few hours on the Atlantic, catching flounder, dogfish and sea robin. Nice to get away for a few

So where is the proof?

Old 08-08-2018, 06:16 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Good morning from Paradise. Another fine, but slightly cloudy day is dawning down here in Paradise. Hope the clouds bring more rain. At least we are not like those poor folks in Australia that are suffering so badly from lack of rain. A small pot of ph00 and coffee is on. Left a jug of freshly made green smoothie next to the fresh carrot juice in the fridge.

Why does the breakroom smell fishy and why does the dragon have fishy breath? Did someone clean fish in here and feed the leftovers to the dragon?

Ciao
Old 08-08-2018, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan
So where is the proof?
Well, I guess it never happened.

When we first got out there, the rollers were so intense, I couldn't take my phone out of its waterproof case hung around my neck. Wasn't able to take pics until it was calm enough I felt that I wasn't getting tossed out of the boat.

Lol

I smelled like fish....sorry..
Attached Images   
Old 08-08-2018, 07:42 AM

Oh yummy. Rabbit smoothie, with a sidr of wabbit juice. Oh, man! Ill be whizzing all day, now. Sure glad it wasn't prune juice. That would have been a real blowout.

Dogs requested donuts, so I guess I'm off to DD. Put in your orders fellas. Leaving in a little bit.
Attached Thumbnails Wow, time for a new breakroom already.  August 5 - 11-0808180813a-1-1024x777.jpg   Wow, time for a new breakroom already.  August 5 - 11-0808180830a-768x1365.jpg  
Old 08-08-2018, 07:47 AM

When we first got out there, the rollers were so intense, I couldn't take my phone out of its waterproof case hung around my neck. Wasn't able to take pics until it was calm enough I felt that I wasn't getting tossed out of the boat.

Excuses, excuses, excuses! OK, we will give you the benefit of the doubt. Did you get seasick?

What does dogfish and sea robin taste like? How big were the ones that you caught? Did you catch them with a rod and line, or with a net? Are they good fighting fish? I used to do a lot of surf fishing in the Indian Ocean. Miss that fun.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:39 AM

Excuses, excuses, excuses! OK, we will give you the benefit of the doubt. Did you get seasick?

What does dogfish and sea robin taste like? How big were the ones that you caught? Did you catch them with a rod and line, or with a net? Are they good fighting fish? I used to do a lot of surf fishing in the Indian Ocean. Miss that fun.
Luckily no. I've never been seasick, unless you consider the time I was underneath this really fat chick, EMT riding in the back of an ambulance. Thought I was gonna die with that think riding above my head which was strapped to the gurney..

No idea.

We kept nothing, as the flounder were undersized. The dogfish I can only assume tastes like shark ??? The Sea Robin is full of spines, so good luck eating that sucker. They do make a "Dog bark" when you have them in the boat.

Wiki says they have not much flavor :As food Gurnard have firm white flesh that holds together well in cooking, making them well-suited to soups and stews. They were often caught in British waters as a bycatch and discarded. However, as other species became less sustainable and more expensive, as of 2014, gurnards were becoming more popular in Britain,[8] and the wholesale price between 2007 and 2008 was reported to have increased from £0.25 per kg to £4.[9] Sea robins also are now appearing in fish markets in the U.S. One source says that gurnards are rather bony and lacking in flavour, and usually sold quite cheaply;[10] others praise its flavour and texture.[9] The flesh of this fish is used commonly used in the French dish bouillabaisse.

The flounder (largest one) was 17.5" in length. Must be 18" to keep, so they all went back. Dogfish was 24" long or so. He got made into bait for more flounder... All were caught with standard rod and reel, until they got below, and some were netted to get into the boat to release them.

It was fun. Water was choppy, but other than being bounced around, I had no ill effects. Maybe it was that toasted Everything bagel with scallion cream cheese before I left that saved the day ???

Lol
Old 08-09-2018, 05:27 AM

Another wonderful day in the land of excessive taxes, and unfriendly people. Ordered breakfast for you guys, so come and get it. Western omlet with dry eye toast. Hot tea, and a drop of milk.

The folks in the diner made up fancy coffee for Bob, and a fruit salad for Stan. Y'all are fonna have to settle for omelets, and the coffee, though.

Lightning strike took out our power, Wednesday night, and we lost 2 security cams, dvr ports, and a bunch of LED bulbs throughout the house. Seems as though electronics don't like lightning strikes to power poles, eh? Back up and running yesterday.

Off to a day of sweat, and work.

Attached Thumbnails Wow, time for a new breakroom already.  August 5 - 11-0809180620-1024x576.jpg  
Old 08-09-2018, 05:51 AM

Another wonderful day in the land of excessive taxes, and unfriendly people. Ordered breakfast for you guys, so come and get it. Western omlet with dry eye toast. Hot tea, and a drop of milk.

The folks in the diner made up fancy coffee for Bob, and a fruit salad for Stan. Y'all are fonna have to settle for omelets, and the coffee, though.

Lightning strike took out our power, Wednesday night, and we lost 2 security cams, dvr ports, and a bunch of LED bulbs throughout the house. Seems as though electronics don't like lightning strikes to power poles, eh? Back up and running yesterday.

Off to a day of sweat, and work.
WESTERN OMELET AND PH00. You did g00d. My favorite breaky. …………………………..

Sounds like you must live close to Tampa, FL. Lightning capital of the world. We really get the lightning strikes around here. I have been hit three times at our house in 16 years. Hit my palm trees all three times, then followed nearby underground wiring to take out electronics like landscape lighting - blew the timer off the wall and into the neighbor's plants - - pool pump - - TV's. Just got hit last week at the ranch - - hit a big oak and shattered it into pieces all over the pasture.

Gotta get going, nuther busy day. Refill...…………...……..
Old 08-09-2018, 09:52 AM

Thanks for the fruit salad. Big decision, do I have the fruit before or after the omelette? I like a GOOD western omelette, but very few restaurants make good ones.

What is dry eye toast?

Been busy since before 5 a.m. Time for a short break.
Old 08-09-2018, 05:50 PM

What is dry eye toast?
I think he means "rabbit" toast. Maybe. Maybe not.

Refill...……………….

Quick Reply: Wow, time for a new breakroom already. August 5 - 11