Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

BRRRRRRReakroom Dec 9 - 15

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 11:15 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
So, the wife says the other day.... Inspection due.

Drive it over to the "ghost" inspection center, and 5 minutes later, I'm heading home. What a waste of time, if you ask me.

Anyway, I notice the car needs an oil change. 12,000 miles, and december last year, it's time to swap out the old synthetic, for new synthetic. Popped the hood, and found that the oil was not even dirty. Changed it anyway, is my thought, so jacking up the truck I see this. YUK !

The front diff seal failed, and it was blowing gear oil all over this rusty old junk of a car. Oh well, time to rip it apart. $14 plus the gear oil, which I had already, and it's back together. Threw fresh brakes, calipers, and rotors on there as well, so that brought the total up to about $400. All for a simple oil change

On a bright note, it is one of the easiest half shaft front ends I've ever disassembled. New bushings on the sway bar ends as well. THis thing will rot away before it needs brakes again.

That was the day before, I needed a new seal. New seal in hand, and it went back together okay.

Old 12-13-2018, 02:11 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by NJTman
Thanks for the Tea, Ollie. Thanks for the oranges, Stan. Thanks for the visual, Bob. Really ? This surveillance photo you sent to me of Lary running around your home was disgusting ! Imagine where that stanky butt has been, and now it's all over your furniture, your kitchen chairs, your countertops !!
GROSS !
Ha - - - y'all ain't seen nuttin yet - - you should see some of the other pics - - couldn't put them on the forum perchance he booted me off. It was a mess and glad the camera kicked in even though the alarm failed me. Let's see - - how much can I needle out of him or I find out when he is gone and post the other pics anyway???? Hmmmm????? LOL He had been in the pool too - - water was green, I hit it with major chemicals to bring it back around. ……………….
ShockedBob
Old 12-14-2018, 05:42 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
It's early, fresh coffee and ph00 is ready. The coffee pot is getting a bit gungy again, but apparently good coffee requires a gungy pot. This morning it is a mix of Columbian and Mexican coffee. Lots of fresh squeezed OJ and just out of the nut coconut water. Also a big jug of a mix of carrot juice and beets is in the fridge. Left a treat of slightly spicy guacamole and totopos for y'all. Let the gormandizing commence.

NJTman, 'surprises' like that on a vehicle is never nice, but unfortunately inevitable in this life.

Are you guys bad mouthing our Lary, aka Top? Sounds like he is deteriorating with age. Perhaps he needs to ditch the 'Top' moniker and find a name that is better suited to him. Any suggestions? Perhaps 'Top' needs to be changed to 'Bottom'?

Back to my studies.

Ciao.
Old 12-14-2018, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mexstan

NJTman, 'surprises' like that on a vehicle is never nice, but unfortunately inevitable in this life.

Ciao.
Shhhhh ! Don't tell anyone....especially the wife.

I actually enjoy wrenching, and having it all work out in the end.

It's math, reading, writing, and being in school that I dislike...

Duh ! That was 38 years ago..... How silly of me ?

When we gonna see your muddin house ?

Old 12-14-2018, 09:54 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by njtman
thanks for the tea, ollie. Thanks for the oranges, stan. Thanks for the visual, bob. Really ? This surveillance photo you sent to me of lary running around your home was disgusting ! Imagine where that stanky butt has been, and now it's all over your furniture, your kitchen chairs, your countertops !!

Gross !

doh!

Old 12-14-2018, 10:00 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Ha - - - y'all ain't seen nuttin yet - - you should see some of the other pics - - couldn't put them on the forum perchance he booted me off. It was a mess and glad the camera kicked in even though the alarm failed me. Let's see - - how much can I needle out of him or I find out when he is gone and post the other pics anyway???? Hmmmm????? LOL He had been in the pool too - - water was green, I hit it with major chemicals to bring it back around. ……………….
ShockedBob
Sorry about the green pool Bob I accidentally spilled 5 gallons of Margarita mix in the pool when Scotty and I were filming the new Girls Gone Wild Video!
Old 12-14-2018, 10:01 AM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Mexstan
It's early, fresh coffee and ph00 is ready. The coffee pot is getting a bit gungy again, but apparently good coffee requires a gungy pot. This morning it is a mix of Columbian and Mexican coffee. Lots of fresh squeezed OJ and just out of the nut coconut water. Also a big jug of a mix of carrot juice and beets is in the fridge. Left a treat of slightly spicy guacamole and totopos for y'all. Let the gormandizing commence.

Are you guys bad mouthing our Lary, aka Top? Sounds like he is deteriorating with age. Perhaps he needs to ditch the 'Top' moniker and find a name that is better suited to him. Any suggestions? Perhaps 'Top' needs to be changed to 'Bottom'?

Back to my studies.

Ciao.
Its OK Stan....as long as they are talking about me then somebody else is catching a break
Old 12-14-2018, 10:57 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Temps have been steadily dropping sense yesterday morning after the storm passed. 2° and still going down. Should pass the negative side shortly. We got a lot of new snow out of this last storm, up to my knees. The snow plow guy got stuck so I had to shovel around the hangar door and entry doors.
Speaking of hangars, mine is almost empty. My boss, hiss, boss, and one of his minions showed up Monday morning. Along with me and a few guys across the street we filled a big 22' long dumpster. The only thing left is stuff (junk) they want to sell and stuff they need to put in storage. What's left the land lord wants.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:00 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
{Its OK Stan....as long as they are talking about me then somebody else is catching a break } TOP

AAWWWW, we love ya, man. We just have to watch you closely to make sure you don't hurt yourself. ………..………...

Can't believe it - - another week down the drain. Did not get enough done and list is longer. Gotta hide that sucker
from the blonde.

Coffee and ph00 is on and apple fritters and cimmmammmumm buns on the counter. Come and get it. Me? I am off to
conquer the world - - uhhhh, I mean some more items on that "LIST" - - gggrrrr.

Bob..………………...

ps: forgot - - weather is wet, but warm. Better than clear and freezing.
Old 12-15-2018, 09:04 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Sorry about the green pool Bob I accidentally spilled 5 gallons of Margarita mix in the pool when Scotty and I were filming the new Girls Gone Wild Video!
Those were Blue Margaritas Twinner.
Blue plus Yellow = Green
Old 12-15-2018, 09:05 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by lary ellis (top)
its ok stan....as long as they are talking about me then somebody else is catching a break
leggs look at his leggs
Old 12-15-2018, 10:20 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Can't decide, fritter or cinybun? HAY! I was going to take that!!!!

Warmed up and snowed yesterday afternoon through last night. Temperature dropping again until the next storm comes in tomorrow.

Got the last of my personal stuff out of the hangar yesterday then dropped by a company to pick up an employee package. Looks like I'm going straight to another job.
Oh, we're still having aftershocks.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:55 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Coug...I made a deal on a new gig yesterday.
Should be fun. Accessories and Customization for a dealership group.
carte blanche

No more long haul seat time!

Had beans last night, tremors here too
Old 12-15-2018, 01:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Been a while, fss went out on my pick-up, made a new account to get in, and no responses to my question, but I got the new one in.

I've tried several times to get in to my NE frmhnd account but for some reason it wouldn't let me do anything with the "forgot my password"
Old 12-15-2018, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by cougar
Can't decide, fritter or cinybun? HAY! I was going to take that!!!!

Warmed up and snowed yesterday afternoon through last night. Temperature dropping again until the next storm comes in tomorrow.

Got the last of my personal stuff out of the hangar yesterday then dropped by a company to pick up an employee package. Looks like I'm going straight to another job.
Oh, we're still having aftershocks.
so,
Whats the new job? Did,you score any good "junk" during the,hangar clean out? New job far from homestead?

Send us aome of,that snow, I can use the money.

Quick Reply: BRRRRRRReakroom Dec 9 - 15