Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

BRRRRRRReakroom Dec 9 - 15

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 07:14 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
BRRRRRRReakroom Dec 9 - 15

Listening to some of you and watching the weather, thought the obvious name of this one should be BBBRRRRR. You
that are in the mess, be careful and drive safe. Looks like 2 to 3' at the tree house in NC. Very unusual for a dump
like that there.

Back home, lots of nasty weather on our trip. Why does the weather turn nasty every time we head up I95 for fun time?
GRRRRR BRRRRR. Think we may as well go join our Alaska buddies. Well, on second thought, think I will go for a run
on the beach, then sit down eat my huge fish sandwich, then work that off with a swim. Tough life here.

OK, still have not been to the store so no goodies, but coffee and ph00 for y00. Heading for church.

Bob
Old 12-09-2018, 09:13 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Good thing I bought a big snow blower yesterday. Last nights 1-3 inches turned into a foot of snow here in the low lands. I'm dreading heading up to the house, probably a lot more there.
Enjoy your warm Bob, we are going to be in single digits this week with more snow.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:31 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Morning Bob, Cougar, sideliners

Sending some cold weather down to Bob, so he can feel like he's up here enjoying the change of seasons.

Woke up to a chilly 32* today, and out to fix the wife's suv. Front brakes, inspection by the state, and clean up the mess she leaves inside it, all her gum wrappers, receipts, and junk. Rain-X the windows, clean the interior glass, and put on new wipers.

Over the weekend, we put up lights on the outside tree. I'm feeling kind of grinchy, but it's what makes her happy, so I do. 10 minutes of happiness is well worth it..

Started a fire last night in my BBQ pit. burned up some of my siding cutoffs. Spent a few minutes enjoying it, and before you know it an entire garbage can was used up in the process. Last one of the season.

Heading outside to enjoy the blue skies and cool temps. Enjoy the day, folks.

Old 12-10-2018, 08:28 AM

UUUHHHH, no thanks, NJ - - - it is freezing out there today. Was just out talking with my neighbor who is out (in his
walking shorts and short sleeve shirt) picking up "stuff" from his dogs in the yard. Chatted a bit. Checked the
thermo on the way in and it is way down to 71 degrees - - - brrrrr. Clouds are breaking up and sun coming thru
so should warm up shortly.

Put on ph00 and coffee and brought some cookies - - bout all I could put together until we hit the grocery
store. My list is about a mile long and growing, so cut this short and get back on it. Been up four hours all
ready knocking stuff off the list. Have a good one.
…….……………...
Old 12-11-2018, 06:36 AM

Received 2,377 Likes on 1,572 Posts
-6F degrees up here with a clear sky and a nice looking sunrise.
Off to chuck a bunch of wood in the wood stove while the dogs do their thing. I will then work in the shop till it warms up a bit outside.

Have a good day all.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by oliver foster
-6F degrees up here with a clear sky and a nice looking sunrise.
OK - - OK - - I will quit complaining about 65 being cold. No thanks for -6degrees. I remember that from Minneapolis
out ice skating at -20. What was I thinking? Young and stupid? (hmmm, now I am just old and stupid - -not much changed).

Oh well, good morning all - - coffee and ph00 are on along with Baked Banana Nut French toast wifey just pulled out of oven.
So, I am going back to our kitchen, taking my ph00 and dive into our French toast. Y'all have a great day.

……………….
Old 12-11-2018, 09:48 AM

Thanks for the baked french toast Bobby!
It is up to almost 30F in the sun and beautiful outside now.

Off to do some outside stuff with the dogs while it is nice out.
I am going to stoke up the fire again though as it is supposed to be below 0 again tonight.
Old 12-12-2018, 06:52 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from a cooler Paradise. Cooler mornings lately, but once the sun comes up it quickly warms up to the usual shorts weather. Still a long way from the cold and lousy weather some of you are experiencing. You can keep the cold that goes below freezing. I complain down here when it is cool enough to put on a light jacket when outside in my shorts.

Fresh, very hot coffee and ph00 awaits your drinking pleasure. There is a big jug of fresh coconut water in the fridge along with some cut up chunks of tasty, soft, young coconut meat.. The coconut water is fresh out of the 'nut, so has no preservatives or other additives in it. Enjoy! I enjoy a glass of coconut water and some coconut every morning with my fruit breakfast. It is very healthy.

Been very busy lately doing lots of study and preparing to build a small house on my country property. Have decided to use zero concrete (not even for the foundations) and almost no wood for this structure. It is going to be built using earthbags. That is something that most of you have probably never heard about. Google it.

Ciao.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:03 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Thanks for breakfast treats Stan!

I am still stuffed after cleaning out Bobs pantry and freezer.....I barely got out of there on time as he came around the corner just as I hopped the back fence
Old 12-12-2018, 09:38 AM

Morning all. Grabbing a ph00 and getting on with my day. Checking my security cameras this morning - - thought I saw a fanny flying over my fence yesterday as I got home. Don't know why the system was not screaming, but the cameras have a very good image. Passing it along to the police. Guess they are deluged with vagrants from the north coming down to get out of the cold. Went by one of my buildings downtown two weeks ago and found all kinds of bags, duffle bags, bags of groceries - - could identity as many as eight specific different sets of belongings in the alley tucked up tight to the building. Called my buddy in the police department - - he met me there at 6am the next morning - - found 9 vagrants sound asleep on/under a confusion of sheets of cardboard, old blankets and rolled up jeans for a pillow. He called for another vehicle and herded them all down to jail. I cleaned up when they left and hauled all the stuff to a friends dumpster about a block away. Hate to do it. but the business in there has some very upscale customers and they don't need vagrants sticking their head around the corner and begging from them. About 3 months ago I went around there to find a pickup bed-topper leaning up against the building. The business owner across the alley and my tenant said they heard loud noise in the alley about 10pm. The topper was set on the ground, a pickup was sitting next to it, doors open and radio blaring and two naked women were under the topper and about 10 vagrants were taking their turn under the topper, two at a time. Cops came in and arrested 9 people the next night. Mercy. One thing I am thankful for - - - that is nothing like the pictures I have seen from San Francisco. HORRORS. And then Pelosi will not give Trump money for the wall because she wants to get re-elected to the house leader - - fooey on America. She lives in Frisco - - duh. Hmmm, I bet her mansion has a huge wall around it.

OK, off on my day after filling my ph00 cup, cleaning up a bit and pet the dragon. See ya.

………………..
Old 12-13-2018, 07:33 AM

-12 this morning and clear skies. The dogs didn't want to hand around outside for too long while I stoked the stove outside. In this weather my oldest dog pees in the snow bank closer too the house than normal.
I started a pot of Coffee for the regulars and threw on some tea water for Lary, T-man and myself. Lary, I got you a few of your favorite asphalt flavored tea bags as an early Christmas gift.
I also made a small pot of Ph00 for Bobby.
I hope Stan shows up with some fresh fruit as there is not much in season that is fresh up here currently to offer.

I will be working inside on a plow truck until it warms up later this afternoon. They are calling for 25F and sunny later..that sounds pretty nice right about now.

I have a carrier bearing that needs attention on my truck.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:27 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Mmmmmm Asphalt flavored tea! There is a Santa Claus!
Old 12-13-2018, 08:28 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from Paradise. This morning there was a thin layer of high cloud as the sun came up which made for a spectacular sunrise. Unbelievable range of bright colors. A bit warmer this morning. Oliver, I am with your dogs as I would not want to hang around outside either in those low temps. Man, that to me is pure torture! Ain't no fun! Thanks for the cowfee.

My loquat tree still has a lot of fruit, so left a large bowl of fresh picked loquats on the counter. No spitting contests with the seeds/pips! Also left a couple of jugs of fresh squeezed OJ in the fridge. Oranges down here at this time of year are unbelievably cheap, so we buy many kilos at a time and have been drinking lots of delicious, sweet OJ. Right now they cost 7 pesos (roughly .35 US cents) a kilo. How anybody can make a profit at low those prices is beyond me. Also left more coconut water.

Been getting a hot brain as I learn a new technique for building. Have some new books on this, plus reading a lot on the internet. I said 'new', but in reality this method is very old, but modernized. Imagine if you can, building something by using one very cheap medium from foundation to wall to roof. Think monolithic architecture from the foundation to the walls to the roof. Hope to start digging the foundation next month.

Back to my books and fresh fruit breakfast. Hope none of you freeze your .................... toes.

Ciao.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:46 AM

I'm with Stan on his opinion of cold weather. Too bad you can't have some snow to enjoy in at least 60 degree weather. Bummer.

Grabbing a ph00 and get back on my projects. Sure wish that stupid GetToDo list would shrink rather than grow. Maybe hiding
if from the blonde would help.

Thanks for the ph00...………………..
Old 12-13-2018, 11:02 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Thanks for the Tea, Ollie. Thanks for the oranges, Stan. Thanks for the visual, Bob. Really ? This surveillance photo you sent to me of Lary running around your home was disgusting ! Imagine where that stanky butt has been, and now it's all over your furniture, your kitchen chairs, your countertops !!

GROSS !

Quick Reply: BRRRRRRReakroom Dec 9 - 15