Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

breakroom...what breakroom?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 10:46 AM

Received 2,377 Likes on 1,572 Posts
breakroom...what breakroom?

I figured I would open up a break room even though it is Thursday.
The weather is finally starting to warm up a bit here in VT. It is a nice change from the 20 inches of snow we got two Saturdays ago.
Old 03-29-2019, 05:37 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Breakroom? Oh, you mean the broken break room! The DTR members appear to have set the brakes on this. Oliver, good for you for opening the breakroom this week.

Looks like spring may be arriving for some of you. Just saw a news report that said Alaska will be 40 degrees above normal. That's a lot! Still gorgeous weather down here in Paradise. Had a few breezy days, but still very nice. All the large jacaranda trees are in full bloom all around my city and those pretty violet flowers on trees and the violet carpet they lay on the ground are very pretty.

Scotty badly needs all your prayers.

Heading out for the day in a few hours.

Ciao.
Old 03-31-2019, 09:27 AM

I am hoping for a speedy recovery for Scotty.

It is 50F and raining.
The snow is melting and revealing a sea of dog poop as it recedes. Not the best look.
Old 03-31-2019, 09:58 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Hey folks.

We hit 75* f here yesterday. Screw that! I took the wife and dogs to the Delaware Water Gap, and spent the day where it's cooler...

Pennsyltuckey..

Saw a Prius killed by mother nature

Love PA..

Found a couple parks, a Dunkin Donuts or two, spoiled the mutts (wife included) and seen some beautiful country.

Today it's mid 60s * f. Can't open windows, as about 1 hour south 8,000 acres of forest is ablaze. Smoke heavy here, even though it's 60 miles away

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.app.com/amp/3325091002

Now it's raining. Hopefully that fire dies out before it wipes out folks homes

Old 03-31-2019, 10:07 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts

Turkey sammich anyone?

Delaware Water Gap on the ride home
Old 03-31-2019, 12:26 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
After five surgeries with four to try and repair the damage and infection from the first one, I am now moving towards a referral (its agreed upon just need the dang letter submitted) to the Mayo Clinic to end this merry go round.

This shituation has taken it’s toll on my family. I asked the medical folk here to stop treating the symptoms and ship me outta here to stop the cause of the infections and damage it is doing.

Recently several folks have come forward with some very welcomed help in many forms.
Very Humbling.
Old 03-31-2019, 01:50 PM

Wow - look at the amount of activity in the break room on a Sat.!

Good to get an update there Scotty. I am hoping for a smooth recovery.

Nice looking Prius there T-man. It reminds me of the Roadkill episode where they "recycled" a Prius with a tank...good times.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:41 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
G'day from a warm Paradise. The weather lately has definitely been warmer than most springs. Many days are around 80 or even a tad above. Very nice in the shade due to the very low humidity, but the sun burns quickly. Need rain. The rainy season normally starts around the end of April. Just got back from a lovely Mexican lunch and am stuffed.

NJTman, nice pics. Poor Prius!

Scotty, nice that you can join in here. Which arm is damaged? Not your dominant arm I hope. In other words, can you write and type OK? Am positive that you can eat with either arm. Will pray that you can very soon be in the Mayo for a proper assessment. Both my wife and I for the last few years are seeing more and more evidence that the majority of doctors just treat symptoms with medication and very seldom even bother to look for a root cause, so consequently we have lost faith in doctors. Doctors are very good at patching folks up in an emergency and saving lives, but appear to be hopeless for heath maintenance. Hope that the Mayo can very quickly discover a root cause and can quickly rectify the problem without major surgery. Keep us posted please.

Time for a short Sunday afternoon nap.

Ciao.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:35 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Right dominant arm.
Left arm is proficient at 2ply paperwork