Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Breakroom - Coffee, Good Friends & Good Conversation-7 September 08- 13 September 08 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/breakroom-coffee-good-friends-good-conversation-7-september-08-13-september-08-a-216403/)

jbjarko 09-06-2008 11:00 PM

Breakroom - Coffee, Good Friends & Good Conversation-7 September 08- 13 September 08

Come on in and enjoy folks.

Lets make the best of our Sunday. I'm starting off by having a few beers. Also, a fresh pot for a new week. There are beers on the counter next to the coffee. Take what you please.

I have a lot of studying to do tomorrow. Hope you all have a good evening/morning!

Jb

Chrisreyn 09-07-2008 12:15 AM

howdy howdy strangers!
been a busy boy and havent been online much for awhile. Hope everyone is doing well, and all our right coast friends are riding the storms out OK and keeping thier heads above water!
Been pulling 12 hours shifts fro the last 3 months[yuk], not much sleep and not enough time to get anything done, except selling the house and trying to get ready to move. We close the 19th on a 100 yr old farmhouse on 80 acres, set up for cattle and horses and 1/2 mile off one of the best bass fishing lakes in the state.. Im happy!
Gonna have room to host a GTG if anyoen was interested in coming up this way.

I am hosting a regional show for the KFQHRA in 10 days, been running tryign to get everythign ready for that. THE BOSS says to tell yall howdy and that she has been keeping me out of trouble( what she dont know[tapdshut])..

Well, stay safe, stay dry and talk at yall later..

lookingforhiscoffeemugandwonderingwhathashappeneda roundhere......CD

Red3quarter 09-07-2008 12:53 AM

jbjarko, thanks for the beer. It went down good tonight.

Goin to bed soon, had a few beers and now I'm tired. Gf will be back tomorrow afternoon from Iowa, gonna cook dinner for her. Been a good productive weekend here. Fall is here now, it was nice and cool today and looks like I'l be sleeping with the windows open tonight.

Coffee, ph00, tea, and seet tea are all on for the midnighters. Added some of the Dragons special stuff to the coffee for an extra kick.

Bark 09-07-2008 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn (Post 2201265)
We close the 19th on a 100 yr old farmhouse on 80 acres,

That sounds ideal!
As I have said before (Wife and I are hicks), a person needs enough room to be able to take a whiz outside without getting arrested. Sounds like you will have plenty of room. Very happy for you.

ofcmarc 09-07-2008 02:31 AM

Evenin' All!!! Beer and coffee. What a deal!
Midway through vacation time. I'ts goin' fast. :o Spent last night bendinb the shifter on the 'Rag to give the littluns' some more leg room. Came out great, just as I had planned. Looks like it came thatt way. Tonight was spent on rear axle seals and brakes. 'Bout 1/2 done but it's gettin' dark out nowadays. I'll finish tomorrow the get started on the front end either tomorrow or monday. (it's still last week here for another 1/2 hour [duhhh] )

Chris- Long time no see round here. Congrats on the house. Sounds like a great find.

bigtruck 09-07-2008 05:19 AM

Howdy from Iraq, good news!! I'll be home in less than a month!!! then I'll have one of those beers [guitar]

chaikwa 09-07-2008 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn (Post 2201265)
howdy howdy strangers!

Well howdy O' Strange One! Oops, I mean 'stranger'! Good to see you again! Congrats on the new place, sounds like the ideal set-up. I just might hafta come inspect it!

Originally Posted by ofcmarc (Post 2201336)
Beer and coffee.

Hmmmm... beer AND coffee. Last time I mixed those two together I ended up with 'barfy'. [yuk]

Big Truck, good to hear you're comin' home! Thank you!

The coffee's still good, so's the tea, so I ain't touchin' it or doin' anything else this mornin'. Y'all have a good Sunday doin' whatever it is you do on a Sunday.

chaikwa.

Totallyrad 09-07-2008 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by chaikwa (Post 2201377)
Well howdy O' Strange One! Oops, I mean 'stranger'!

chaikwa.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.[laugh] Morning all and congrats Chris. We know you've been working on this for a while. Bigtruck, stay safe and thanks. See you in a month stateside.:cool:

madhat 09-07-2008 07:38 AM

Mornin, everyone...

Bigtruck, who are you attached to? A lot of our guys are coming back later this week...

Last night, I pulled the bed off my truck, doing the AD 150 install soon, but I can't run it until I get a tap for my FP guage...

Gonna work on that today, nothin serious...

Chris, congrats on the house. How have you been, friend? Ain't talked to you in a while...

Ok, fresh pot of LSD and some foo too...

Matt, my OL mad a killer pot of sweat tea yesterday... a little thick, but smooth enough to quench your thirst on a hot day.

Some storm... less than .5 inch of rain...

Fronty Owner 09-07-2008 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bark (Post 2201254)
Last time I downed a tree for a friend, his wife came out and told us that we better not hit the house or the shed. Wound up felling it on their fence line—smashed over 50 feet of fence. I did help rebuild the fence but they were already heading for divorce anyway. We are still friends with both of them but they live many miles apart from each other. Anybody need some help knocking down some trees??

Last three trees I fell dropped just the way almost inline with the hinge I left.

the biggest tree I dropped fell right between a shed and trampoline and put a buddy on his tail while he was pulling on the rope to guide it.

Originally Posted by Bark (Post 2201312)
That sounds ideal!
As I have said before (Wife and I are hicks), a person needs enough room to be able to take a whiz outside without getting arrested. Sounds like you will have plenty of room. Very happy for you.

I whizzed outside last night and I live in town...

jbjarko 09-07-2008 01:38 PM

Morning.

Chores are done. Read a few chapters in one of my books. Now it's time to wath some football. Seahags are down going into the half. That's good. Hopefully the Cards can pull something off this season. We fans need it.

Enjoy your sundays folks.

Jb

Red3quarter 09-07-2008 04:43 PM

Good afternoon, been working outside most of the day. Got the garden all torn out, trimmed some trees, and picked up the land mines. GF is on her way home from Iowa, she should be here in an hour. Gonna go out in garage and find something to do.

Mad, that big pot of sweet tea sounds good right now. I'm all out, didn't make any yesterday. Looks like I'll have to resort to a couple beers tonight. On the AD install, my buddy and I put on on his 08 qc/sb and we had to modify the bracket so it would work right. In the place they tell you to mount it some trucks have a useless hanger there, either cut it out (which sucks to try and do) or retrofit the bracket to work with the hanger (what we ended up doing.) Just to let you know in case you run into a problem, I dunno if the pre-08 trucks are the same or not but thats what we ran into.

Gonna go this week and look at getting a new gooseneck trailer and a b&w hitch installed in my bed. The local trailer dealer has a couple nice Big Tex trailers for sale. I'm looking at something in the 14k-18k lb range. I'd like to build my own but I don't have the time right now with work and all. Someday I'll get around to that. Gonna build a winch bracket for it, put some auxillary lights aimed at the deck on it, extra d-rings, and alot of lights down the side.

Totallyrad 09-07-2008 04:52 PM

Take a peak in the classifieds, there are several trailers for sale there.

FiverBob 09-07-2008 08:28 PM

Evenin' gang,
Gorgeous day down this way - - never know another little wind storm was nearby. Hope it stays away - - that will be fine with me.

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner (Post 2201486)
I whizzed outside last night and I live in town...

OK, what is there about this I am missing? Is there something in the wind (besides whiz)???? :o

Grabbing a ph00 and watching more football. Nice to have it back on. Great time waster. [laugh]

Ya'll be good.

Bob

madhat 09-07-2008 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Blue3quarter (Post 2201854)
Mad, that big pot of sweet tea sounds good right now. I'm all out, didn't make any yesterday. Looks like I'll have to resort to a couple beers tonight. On the AD install, my buddy and I put on on his 08 qc/sb and we had to modify the bracket so it would work right. In the place they tell you to mount it some trucks have a useless hanger there, either cut it out (which sucks to try and do) or retrofit the bracket to work with the hanger (what we ended up doing.) Just to let you know in case you run into a problem, I dunno if the pre-08 trucks are the same or not but thats what we ran into.

I just had some with dinner... put about half a shot of captain in it, too...

I have the same bracket, but I put mine on the outside of the frame, and I have the back bracket underneath the tank... perfect for me. I really like where I got it mounted.

I jumped for joy when I got that walbro out of there...

Evenin, DTR. Broke off good. After I posted this morning, I went outside, and been out all day with this air dog. Got it right, tho. I was out there so long, I was drunk twice... :rolleyes: