Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Black Friday

Old 11-23-2006, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G1625S
Gonna help mom shop for a new car....any suggestions?
TDI Jetta.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:54 PM

My mom and all her sisters are getting up at 4 so they can be ready to shop at 5am Oh well, different strokes for different folks.
Old 11-24-2006, 03:29 AM

In order to prevent an arrest record, its better if I dont deal with large numbers of people all at once.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:12 AM

Went shopping. 8 hours, $1200 and 2 plasma TVs later, I'm home.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:23 AM

This day is quickly becoming one of the most rediculous days in history to me. People, many of which don't have the money and are using credit cards, go stand in line at 4AM to spend thousands of dollars to buy stuff for people they don't need to be buying. Christmas has become nothing more than a holiday for people to go into debt, and not about the birth of Christ. It makes me SICK! I saw one woman on the news this morning that said they cancelled Thanksgiving dinner at her home so she could go sit in line at the mall, and she said she was planning on spending $6,000 today. Morons! Save your money! I'd just as soon nobody bought me anything! The best gift I could get would be to see my relatives not waste piles of their money! I am glad to say, today I am at work, and so is my wife, she thinks it's all a bunch of nonsense too.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by G1625S
Gonna help mom shop for a new car....any suggestions?
Is this a trick question?
Old 11-24-2006, 09:28 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
I'm with you Luke.
If I wanted I it, I'd buy it.

What do I want for Christmas?
A cup of coffee, and to spend the day surrounded by loving family members....in that order......
Old 11-24-2006, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Shovelhead
I'm with you Luke.
If I wanted I it, I'd buy it.

What do I want for Christmas?
A cup of coffee, and to spend the day surrounded by loving family members....in that order......

Here here! It really bothers me to see society spiraling into oblivion. One day these shopping spree's on plastic is gonna to catch up with these people. And it's gonna hurt.

All I want to do for Christmas, is go to church and celebrate the birth of or lord and savior, and spend the day those in my family who I care about. The best gift someone could give me would be if they saved their money, I fell better knowing somebody is more financially stable than that they spent $50 on me for something I didn't want or need anyhow.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:26 AM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by Teddy Bear
Sounds like a plan. Ive had that happen several times. Do your fellow deer hunters a favor and take that lil bugger out!!! Seriously though, everytime i go deer hunting seems like i see 20 squirrels. Its amazing how something as big as a deer can be so silent, and a lil squirrel can be so loud!
I set up a ground blind (not a tent, just a place to hide behind) overlooking a well used trail. My son tried to take a nap, but a squirrel dropped an acorn on him just about the time he dozed off.
On a related note, I almost ran over a rabbit this morning. I was driving about 3 miles per hour, the rabbit darted across the trail about 5 times before committing to running off to the bushes.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:51 AM

Wow, I was gonna post how happy I was that my fianc'ee bought me a 5hp 2 cylinder air compressor, but everybody is talking about family now I feel bad

I agree, people are crazy. They had an article about people camping out at stores since tuesday night (that's when I really wanna just blow some smoke on people). But yes my christmas I'm staying home, gonna light a fire, enjoy music and hot chocolate. (maybe a beer or two). I do plan on staying home and most of our presents are house stuff (mantel, cabinets for laundry room) so most of the stuff is stuff we need, and use (I'm getting a chainsaw too ) But I agree, today it's all about spending. Ebay had that playstation 3 up to 12,000 dollars........ Common people, that's crazy (investing in Cummins diesel OEM parts, and performance modifiers is different, that's an investement)

TS
Old 11-24-2006, 11:07 AM

Funnyiest thing is that most people who are camping out to buy those ps's are buying them to sell them not for their kids.

unbelievable
Old 11-24-2006, 11:32 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I am sitting here at work today making sure everyone can place those cell phone calls today......
Old 11-25-2006, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by durasmack
Anyone going? If so, what are you after?
I bet I could have changed all your minds about Black Friday. Just include all the goodies you have been wanting for your Diesel at 40-60% off. Mmmmmmm Injectors, Oh oH OH!! I could get the programmer and that ......

I am not a supporter of the 'Black' Friday at all. I just know what a fun thing it would be if they included Diesel upgrades on those discount shelves!

I hope you had a good bird day!

John
Old 11-25-2006, 05:50 PM

Bought vodka and turned on the fireplace
Old 11-25-2006, 05:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CGA03
TDI Jetta.
Yeah, I sure wish that was in the budget. I've got her into a diesel garden tractor...baby steps

Originally Posted by cskal
Is this a trick question?
Well of course she knows deep down that she needs a 9812v with a built auto....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Black Friday