Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Better Late Than Never Break Room 2/18-2/24

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 11:06 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Better Late Than Never Break Room 2/18-2/24

Good thing I used to be a thief. Had to pick the lock to get in here.

Poor dragon was starving. Dang near licked me to death and knocked over the coat rack with his tail. I fed and watered him, but he won't leave me alone. Are you sure this isn't a black lab in disguise?

Coffee's on. Too late for breakfast.

How about weather reports from around the country. Looks like we're gonna get some snow in Central MN. North shore got dumped on yesterday.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:21 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Stopping in for a cup of Joe, Thanks John

Heading out to do some stuff to my stuff that needs stuff done to it
Old 02-19-2018, 12:22 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Rushing by and thought I would grab a ph00 - - - no ph00 -- -- ph00ey.
Oh well, gotta run - - - hi gang. Have a gudurn.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:22 PM

It's snowin' and blowin' and an idiot chickadee is singing his spring song.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:56 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Good afternoon everybody. John, good job in starting the belated break room and taking care of the dragon. Too bad that the DTR janitor left us, because he was especially good at opening the break room early every day and making coffee and ph00. Hey Scott, how about coming back again?

You really want a weather report? OK, but don't kill me for giving it to you. Just came in from changing the oil and filter on my truck. Did the job outside where it is a lovely sunny day and as I type this, a very pleasant 26C. Wanted to change the rear diff oil too, but the sun is too hot, so left that job until tomorrow morning.

With all that hard work, now need a coffee and a time of relaxation.

Ciao.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:38 AM
Admin Team Leader

Pretty little yellow bird sitting on my window sill,

Singing his pretty song while I was sleeping still,

I rubbed my tired eyes as I was climbing out of bed

so I could grab a baseball bat and crush his freaking head....The End

Good Morning People! Happy Day!
Old 02-20-2018, 11:14 AM

Morning Lary - - you better not have smashed that little yellow bird. I sent it to cheer you up a bit. Enjoy the song - - makes you smile.

No ph00, so will rush on to an appointment. Sis-in-law coming back from hospice tomorrow. Have to go and rearrange furniture and her hospital bed at her home this afternoon. She got up by herself last night at Hospice house and lay on the floor in the bathroom until they found her. She had taken off her alarm pinning to get up by herself. So, she is not going to sit up in her recliner all night any more - - going to bed with two alarms on her. So, have to move the hospital type bed out of her bedroom into the living room so family can come a visit her. She will not get out any longer - - sides will be up.

Gone.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:26 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Good morning from Paradise. It is probably a waste of time, but have made a small pot of coffee and ph00.

WARNING!!!!! Stay away from snarly and grumpy Lary today!!!!!

Just came in from changing the oil in the rear diff of my truck. The oil came out nice and clean, so kinda hated to throw it away, but it does have lots of miles on it. No pieces inside the diff and just a smudge of fine powder on the magnet, so all is good.

Bob, are you also adding razor wire on top of the rails to prevent your SIL from 'escaping'?

Another near perfect day down here today.

Ciao.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:56 PM
Admin Team Leader

Stan, I am not Snarly.....You got me on Grumpy and I have little patience for fools but I am Not Snarly!

Bob, so sorry to hear it just keeps getting worse there Prayers sent from WV minus snarls
Old 02-20-2018, 06:32 PM

OK Snar ..... oops, I mean Grumps. Will try to keep this in mind for the future. Will still give you a wide berth for the rest of the day and hope that tomorrow you are feeling a bit more amenable. Here, have another coffee.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:34 PM
Admin Team Leader

Thanks Stan....I figure you mistook my Gnarliness for Snarliness
Old 02-20-2018, 11:06 PM

Bob, we had DW's dad in our house for his last months. He, too, would get up and get in trouble at night. We put a driveway announcer sender on a shelf overlooking his bed, and had the monitor in our bedroom next door. He never did figure out how we knew when he sat up.

Those were some tough times, but very precious as well.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:56 AM

Received 1,637 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Morning Lary - - you better not have smashed that little yellow bird. I sent it to cheer you up a bit. Enjoy the song - - makes you smile.

No ph00, so will rush on to an appointment. Sis-in-law coming back from hospice tomorrow. Have to go and rearrange furniture and her hospital bed at her home this afternoon. She got up by herself last night at Hospice house and lay on the floor in the bathroom until they found her. She had taken off her alarm pinning to get up by herself. So, she is not going to sit up in her recliner all night any more - - going to bed with two alarms on her. So, have to move the hospital type bed out of her bedroom into the living room so family can come a visit her. She will not get out any longer - - sides will be up.

Gone.
Thoughts are with you and your family at this time. May your sisters remaining time be free of pain and discomfort, and she pass knowing her loving family surrounds her.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:48 PM

Hi gang - - - just got back from SIL's house. They brought her back in the ambulance about 3 hours ago. I had the living room all set up for her to stay within civilization rather than in her bedroom. We have so far one alarm set up to let us know if she tries to get out of bed. Had a long talk with her - - she does not remember falling two nights ago after getting up. She did not remember our daughter or her brother going by to see her yesterday. Soooo, how much she will remember we do not know. She has a good attitude about her condition. She is a devout Christian and knows she is ready to meet her Saviour, so talks about it with a very positive outlook - - - even an "anxious to get it on" attitude and get over this laying there stuff. She just does not want to be in pain. Tough on my wife to watch her going downhill each day knowing each day could be her last.

So, that is my update for the day. I appreciate the support and prayers from you all - - it helps for us to know others are thinking of us and taking our name up to heaven in your prayers.

Too late for the ph00 -- - I will pass. Need to get out and rattle those pots and pans and make my supper. Thanks again.

L8R
Old 02-23-2018, 06:50 AM

WOW - - this place stinks of stale coffee. No one here all day yesterday and the pots are gummy. OK, cleaned them, sanitized them with muriatic acid, then bleach, then soaked in clear water so no odor. Fresh coffee, fresh ph00, 2 pans of baked French toast, various pastries, apples and bananas available and hot water for Claude's tea. Now, no excuses - - get your butts in here and have some fun.

Off for another busy day shopping for the two houses, run another home run in the attic (electric getting tired) at the sis-in-laws place. Fixed her yard pole light yesterday. Starting on new screening with frames in her enclosed front porch. Then comes the gutters. In the meantime, I get to clean out my gutters, open up the downspouts and install gutter guard. Then I get to pull weeds, spray, fertilize and spread 80 bags of mulch along with replacing three plants and cut down one dead palm tree. Oh joy - - I love yard work - - NOT - - - .....

Off to the races. L8R

Quick Reply: Better Late Than Never Break Room 2/18-2/24