Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   BCS championship (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/bcs-championship-180654/)

one54ton 12-01-2007 11:27 PM

BCS championship

Who do you think/like to see play. With West Virginia and Mizzou losing its all up to politics. I'd love to see Ohio State vs. USC. What do you all think?

doomgaze 12-02-2007 05:22 PM

Looks like it will probably be Ohio State and LSU. We'll find out in a few hours.

I'd prefer Ohio State and USC, myself. These last few years those two have been dancing around each other. We need a match up!

steerjock 12-02-2007 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by doomgaze (Post 1820101)
Looks like it will probably be Ohio State and LSU. We'll find out in a few hours.

I'd prefer Ohio State and USC, myself. These last few years those two have been dancing around each other. We need a match up!

On a side note, you know USC and OSU play next year don't ya.

t-15 firefighter 12-02-2007 08:13 PM

Click here

Britt

:)

223 rules 12-03-2007 09:28 AM

I saw an article the other day where they might change the playoff format to something like the ncaa basketball playoffs. I think it would be a good change and let some of the lesser known colleges have an equal shot at being national champ. Look at Hawaii. They are undefeated but have no hope of playing for the title since they haven't had the chance to play any of the top 20 teams. It would give all the colleges a little more incentive for their football programs. Just my .02 cents.

doomgaze 12-03-2007 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by steerjock (Post 1820141)
On a side note, you know USC and OSU play next year don't ya.

No, actually I didn't know that! That should be a killer game! If our "rebuilding year" got us into a National Championship game imagine what next year should be like! [guitar]

jbjarko 12-03-2007 10:10 AM

Don't get me started on the BCS this year. So many teams got shafted, including mine. Something needs to happen. And the PACX commissioner has to go, how on EARTH could he let a three loss Illinois team in the Rose Bowl. Seriously. ARGHHHHHHHHHh

JD Dearden 12-03-2007 10:42 AM

i thought it should have been ohio state and virginia tech???? but how does kansas beat out missouri for the bcs bid ????

doomgaze 12-03-2007 01:05 PM

Doesn't make any sense, I'll agree. But you can't have 3 teams from the same conference in BCS bowl games I guess... so thats why Mizzou was out.

Pretty crappy if you ask me. Missouri should be irate! (and I'm sure they are)

Being from Ohio I'm sure I'll get blasted for this, but in my opinion the top three teams in the country right now are Oklahoma, USC, and VT. I don't quite know how Ohio State plays into the mix. I'll be rooting for my Buckeyes on Jan 7, though...

duddin10 12-03-2007 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by doomgaze (Post 1821510)
Doesn't make any sense, I'll agree. But you can't have 3 teams from the same conference in BCS bowl games I guess... so thats why Mizzou was out.

Pretty crappy if you ask me. Missouri should be irate! (and I'm sure they are)

Being from Ohio I'm sure I'll get blasted for this, but in my opinion the top three teams in the country right now are Oklahoma, USC, and VT. I don't quite know how Ohio State plays into the mix. I'll be rooting for my Buckeyes on Jan 7, though...

I know that one thing that hurt Oklahoma was Florida Atlantic coach Howard Schellenberger , coached OU for 1 year and was run off, voted them 17th in the coaches poll. What a prick !