Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Baby It's Cold Outside Breakroom Jan 17 - 23

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 07:21 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I agree on J Martin's advice. You are going to be the only one to know when you backside is scared of being hurt. Listen to your backside!
Old 01-22-2016, 08:02 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hey Scott, new year, new job and a new horizon. Not often a job shows up on its own. Go for it bud.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:45 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Priority 1. Coffee. None of that phoo goo.
You just don't get it. What can I do to help you appreciate the finer things of life. Golly gee. Work and work and in one ear and out ??????? .............

Dark out here and another storm moving up from Charlotte harbor. Not as bad as last weeks storm, but some purdy gud winds. Starting to blow here and light rain. At least it is warm but behind it is cold weather again - - high on Sunday is 60 -- - - brrrr. Just came from the video cam of the ski slopes of the NC property. Lots of snow and blowing there - - they are getting it pretty hard. Guess I will stay here for now.

Fresh ph00 is on - - yeh, I made some coffee for wimp Scotty too. ..............

Have a gudurn.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Trouble is I have to move to North Platte, and they pay every 2 weeks.
After paying a medical bill I have no spare cash left.
Now the hospital (who apparently thinks I swim in cash every night) is suing, less than a month after they turned me into collections, because I can't pay on my gall bladder surgery as fast as they want me to.

So I have no money to live on for 2 weeks, let alone pay rent and deposit. Or a lawyer to respond to the freakin suit

Ever get tired of trying???
Old 01-22-2016, 09:04 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Trouble is I have to move to North Platte, and they pay every 2 weeks.
After paying a medical bill I have no spare cash left.
Now the hospital (who apparently thinks I swim in cash every night) is suing, less than a month after they turned me into collections, because I can't pay on my gall bladder surgery as fast as they want me to.

So I have no money to live on for 2 weeks, let alone pay rent and deposit. Or a lawyer to respond to the freakin suit

Ever get tired of trying???
The difference is a lot more than you think it is. For instance, if you had been there, you wouldn't have a hospital bill.

Sort it out. I've been where I needed 3 years to pay everyone off. I leveled with every one, made a commitment to pay what I could, stuck to it, made friends out of enemies, and boosted my credit. One commitment I made was that I would pay them first and on schedule. I'm talking ten bucks a month on a 300 dollar service station bill. One of the creditors was Sears and Roebuck. I could pay them less than half their usual minimum payment.

One thing most people don't realize is that most hospitals claim to be non-profit, and have to give away a certain amount of services to prove it. If you go to their office and talk it out, they can usually find a way to accommodate you. If you ignore them, they get peeved.

If the difference between a weekly check that's a couple hundred dollars less and a 2 week check is the deal breaker, you have issues that you better face soon.

Yea, I know what tired is. I also know what committing to do right and sticking to my word is.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:09 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Hey Shovelhead. You holding your own? Looks like yer neighborhood is getting buried but good this weekend.

It should melt by July.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:11 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Stop trying. Just stop. Trying is simply setting oneself up for failure.

One of the cheesiest movie lines EVER. " do, or do not. There is no try." Its the truth. The other great quote, "whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right"

J Martin is right, sit down, think it through, then plant a boot in your butt and get after it. Stick to the plan, work with people to make it right. When it comes to the job, is it a step up? Or even a lateral move that will help better your position? If yes, then do it. Being stuck in a rut is no fun, and becomes self perpetuating, until one day you look up and say "enough". Then be prepared for a fun ride. And don't pass up a chance to better yourself, or your position, as long as it doesn't involve stepping on others to make it happen.

A footnote on planning. Do not confuse plans with goals. Plans can evolve and adapt to situations, while the goal is the sum of the bit parts in the big picture. The goal doesn't change.

Now, get out there and kick some butt. And good luck with your choices.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:33 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
What Pind Said ^ Knuckle down and get er done
Old 01-23-2016, 06:36 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Good morning from - you know where. Where we ain't got no horrible s**w.

NE, you may think that you have it rough, and maybe you do, but it is not the end of the world. You are responsible for you, so as Lary said, knuckle down and get 'er done. Pind and j_m also gave you excellent advice.

"The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth of the hole."

~ and ~

"The first rule of holes...if you are in one, stop digging."

AN AUTOBIOGRAPHY in FIVE SHORT CHAPTERS

Chapter One
I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in.
I am lost . . . I can't get my bearings
But it's not my fault!!!!!!
It takes forever to find a way out.

Chapter Two
I walk down the same street.
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.
I can't believe I am in the same place.
But, it's still not my fault!!
And it still takes a long time to get out.

Chapter Three
I walk down the same street
I see it is there.
I fall in anyway . . . it's a habit.
However, now my eyes are open and
I know where I am.
I take 100% responsibility for where I am and
I get out immediately.

Chapter Four
I walk down the same street.
I walk around the hole.

Chapter Five
I walk down a different street!

Whether we choose to deal with the fact that we have found ourselves in a hole by stopping digging, or by choosing a different street, what happens next is always up to us. Our challenge is to take responsibility for where we are so that we can be able to respond in a way that is congruent with where we want to be. Here's to a life of awareness, learning, and growing . . . and walking down different streets.
Old 01-23-2016, 06:43 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
Hey Shovelhead. You holding your own? Looks like yer neighborhood is getting buried but good this weekend.

It should melt by July.
Yup, getting whomped pretty good by snow.
I worry more about Wifey being at the country place, and having to deal with this mess. She has a generator for power issues, but no snowblower.
My S-I-L is a lazy POS, who lives 15 minutes away but won't lift a finger to go and help her shovel.
Might have to get someone to cover my On-Call for me on Sunday so I can make a road trip to dig her out.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:29 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
NE, reading what folks have put here sure tells me you've got folks that care and have experience. Some very good advice. I'll use it too. Thanks.

I had chicken pox at age 23 in AZ. I had Canadian healthcare which covered less than 10% of the huge costs there. I went to the business offices of the hospital and told them what I could do. They accepted 10 one hundred dollar payments over 6 months. That was on a bill of 9000.

A form of insanity is doing the same thing expecting a different result.

Brush your sleeves off, kick yer butt and go in a new direction.

Ed, be safe.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:31 AM

NE-I also say talk to them. I was in a very similar situation when my Wife got sick. After having a meeting with all concerned, only one Company would not work with me. Give it a try. You may be on the verge of a new opportunity.

Just came in from 7 hours of opening up the county road we live on. Again, it was just me and one other guy. I guess those other tractors I see parked around are for pretty.....I did have fun with the drifts though! After we got the road open, I came and got the wheeler and did driveways with the blade. Came home to a fresh cup of coffee and a smile from the Bride.
Old 01-23-2016, 02:21 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
You guys (and gals) learn to drive on the snow and ice yet? More freezing rain here. Guess we will never see snow again.
Old 01-23-2016, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by cougar
You guys (and gals) learn to drive on the snow and ice yet? More freezing rain here. Guess we will never see snow again.
I can take the snow any day over the ice. There is no drivers ed in KY. Most kids lean to drive apparently by backing the car out of the driveway. You wouldn't believe the stupid things I've seen!

It was fun today! I used the wheeler with a blade. I hit one drift hard enough to throw snow over my head. Neighbor looked at me and said "you're just showing off"!

I actually put chains on the 89 in preparation for this one. I expected a call out or two.
Old 01-23-2016, 04:58 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
I can take the snow any day over the ice. There is no drivers ed in KY. Most kids lean to drive apparently by backing the car out of the driveway. You wouldn't believe the stupid things I've seen!

It was fun today! I used the wheeler with a blade. I hit one drift hard enough to throw snow over my head. Neighbor looked at me and said "you're just showing off"!

I actually put chains on the 89 in preparation for this one. I expected a call out or two.
One of our 2 main offices is in Lexington. They are getting paid "snow days". We never get that. If we want to take the day off it's at our own expense.

Quick Reply: Baby It's Cold Outside Breakroom Jan 17 - 23