Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Baby It's Cold Outside Breakroom Jan 17 - 23

Old 01-18-2016, 07:41 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
4 this morning with about -10 windchill. Fire lit in the shop "just in case" i decide to do something today! We are supposed to get a good snow Wednesday and another about Friday.

Extra coffee and the fixin's on the table.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:55 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Basking in the tropical warmth for a change, only 10°. Had a little 4.8 EQ yesterday evening. Mrs C napped through it, stopped the pendulum on the clock. Roxie put another dent in the Redpole population. She is upset that another cat is horning in on her hunting territory. A big and very friendly grey male.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:34 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Glad you're safe PhooyBob!
Right around 0 here this morning with wind and snow. Anyone want a farm in Michigan?
Hi Chaikwa - - nice seeing your puss here. It was an interesting night, that is for sure. Your question about the farm is similar to the questions we would get when in Alaska. We love it up there, but sure would not want to 365days a year there. A lot of them want to move to Florida. Sure pretty in the summer, but not thanks on the winter.

Been to investing class again today - - trying to figure out what on earth is going on in this craze world. Who knows, might get smart.

Grabbing a ph00 and hit the road and do something constructive.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:56 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Snapped to -20° about 5 this morning. Retreated to -15° by 6. It's a balmy -4° now with a warm wind chill of -20°. Honda started after cranking about 20 seconds. CTD failed. I heard a faint beeping under the dash. Seems some remnant of a PO's alarm/ wireless key system is still there and flaked out in the cold. I didn't spend much time searching for it, just put on the battery charger to prevent a frozen battery.

'Bout froze my nard driving the Honda to the auto shop to check out a wierd noise in the rear suspension. Got it up on a rack and found the weird rear upper ball joints are probably rusty and squeaking because the boots are cracked. Shocks in the struts are a bit off center also. Hope it makes it to warmer weather so I can fix it myself. No safety issue yet, so I can stand the squeak. DW got a nice warmed up car to go to the cardio rehab session this morning.

Investerbobby, just keep in mind that advisers, lawyers, accountants, etc. never lose.
Old 01-18-2016, 02:06 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Weather guesser's are now calling from 2 to ? This Wednesday with more Friday. Temps are low freezing the entire time. For giggles, while I was in town to buy wiper blades for the 89 (Froze to the windshield and I tore 'em) I went by the Grocery. Milk and bread and peanut butter about gone. It's truly winter in KY!
Old 01-18-2016, 02:49 PM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
So how you folks like living in Alaska?
Old 01-18-2016, 08:28 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 151 Likes on 117 Posts
Stuck my head in here, but as it is too cold and depressing, now running far away.

Spent all day outside, in shorts and am now a bit sunburned even tho most of the time I was in the shade. Nice cloudless day reaching a high of 25c. That is 25 PLUS, not a minus!
Old 01-18-2016, 09:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My aunt and uncle from Ohio moved to the Jacksonville area. Must be why their TV and internet is out.

Don't think we've been below the real 0 yet this winter. YAY EL NINO!!!

Had to haul water to a pasture with a solar well again. Then cut out and get to the chiropractor. Not exactly sure what done it but the muscles in my lower back were pretty well whipped. Getting groceries last night I felt them tense up, had to lean on the cart to stay upright for a few minutes.

If anyone is thinking of getting a new small car and looking at the chevy trax, don't. Know a guy who got one for his wife. It's eaten 3 fuel pumps, and the fuel gauge has never worked right. They barely got to Lincoln with it Saturday, the fuel pump was cutting out, they pulled into a C/D/J dealer and drove out an hour later with a new Wrangler. They'd barely had it 6, maybe 7 months.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
Your question about the farm is similar to the questions we would get when in Alaska. We love it up there, but sure would not want to 365days a year there.
Are you SURE? I'll make you a heckuva good deal!

Had a 60 mile, glare ice, butt puckering ride to the class this morning. Glad this is the last day!
Old 01-19-2016, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Are you SURE? I'll make you a heckuva good deal!
Had a 60 mile, glare ice, butt puckering ride to the class this morning. Glad this is the last day!
You have no idea how I miss those drives. Oh, just the thought makes me pine for the good ole days of 42 below sitting in a duck blind. What duck is stupid enough to fly at those temps? UHHHH, what jerk is stupid enough to sit in a blind thinking there is a duck stupid enough to fly in that weather? And drive 100 miles to get to this fantastic hunting area thru snow banks 12' high and glare ice? DUHHH. Oh yeh - - - dat be me, teacher!!!!!!!!!!!...........

Fresh coffee and ph00 are on. Rather cold here this morning (43 degrees) but warming up fast. Still will struggle trying to hit 60. Warming trend tomorrow.

Later - - out to lunch with friends.
Old 01-19-2016, 10:50 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Stuck my head in here, but as it is too cold and depressing, now running far away.

Spent all day outside, in shorts and am now a bit sunburned even tho most of the time I was in the shade. Nice cloudless day reaching a high of 25c. That is 25 PLUS, not a minus!
Old 01-19-2016, 03:35 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Just got home to single digit temps after spending the last month in California....boy did I pick the WRONG week to come home

Got both heat pumps trying their best to heat the place above the 50 degrees I left them set at and the pellet stove on Bermuda mode helping out

I LOVE Winter
Old 01-20-2016, 06:11 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Sixteen degrees and calm winds for our 200' tower task this morning.
I keep asking myself,.... What the heck was I thinking,when I retired and took this gig.
Old 01-20-2016, 07:19 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Lightweights
Try changing a starter in -40 with -60 wind chill... On your back at night on the side of the road, for a friend.
I'd do it again.
Saved my friends. No cell phones then. Happened to drive up on them.
Even the mix froze in the whiskey lol
Old 01-20-2016, 07:36 AM

Morning all - - -since "most" everyone is complaining about the cold, I decided I would change the menu this morning - - hot apple cider on the stove, hot chocolate in the carafe - - - oh, and hot yummy Almond Mocha Ph00 in the pot on the burner. Hot cross buns in the warmer, oatmeal in the pot on the stove with raisins, craisins, dates, brown sugar on the counter for flavor. Now, no more excuses - -enjoy...............

Off and running to knock off stuff on my Get To Do list. Have a great day.

Bobby

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Baby It's Cold Outside Breakroom Jan 17 - 23