Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Anyone live in or around Trail,BC

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 11:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone live in or around Trail,BC

I am just about to finish my carpentry apprenticeship and when i'm finished i'm probably going to start my own company and work for my self with maybe one or two employees.

When I finish my apprenticeship I also plan on moving out of the lower mainland becouse of many reasons like traffic, living expenses, etc. I originally (a couple years ago) was leaning towards moving to the okanogan like Penticton, Kamloops, or Vernon. But the prices for houses in the Okanogan are going as crazy as they are down here.

I was looking around on mls.com and found alot of good deals on houses in and around Trail and other parts of the Kootneys. Trail looks kind of like where I would like to be, it looks like a decent sized town, nice and clean, couple od really nice looking parks and beaches, and a ski resort right near town.

What I am wondering is what kind of work is there in Trail for a carpenter? Is there many new houses being built? Lots of renos? Whats the econmy of Trail like, is it starting to grow like evrywhere else in BC?

I plan on driving there for a weekend or so to check it out sometime and I won't be doing any of this untill atleast the end of summer. Thanks for any advice and sorry for a long post, Frank
Old 02-27-2008, 02:27 AM

I live in Kamlooos, and I cant seem to leave. Trail is a little town, I looked at jobs there and its not really worth it. Im not 100% sure but isnt it around 4000 people? Im from a town of about 5000 and Im stickin with this 90-100k in Kamloops. I dont know much about that whole area though...I been putting off a trip there myself for a while. Once the snows gone I might go for a drive too.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:07 AM

I was looking it up on google and it says about 7,000 people I guess thats pretty small. But I was looking on mls.com and pretty much everywher but the kootneys you couldn't find anything to buy for under 250,000 except for mobile homes.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:39 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look a little bit north at Castlegar. Bigger town with a more diverse economy. Trail is basically a company town, as it is dominated by Cominco mines.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:56 PM

Ya I was seeing most people were employed by the mine. I'll have to take a drive through the Kootneys this spring and check out all the different towns.