Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Anyone know anything about TV's ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know anything about TV's ?

I just got home and my big screen tv picture is almost blurry I guess you'd say. It is under warranty so I called and won't be able to talk to the repair shop until Monday. This is "MY" tv and is in the living room and OU plays tomorrow and the UFC 65 is tomorrow. Kinda sucks this has to happen now. It was fine earlier and I got home and now this. Does anyone know what it might be? I've had it for almost 3 years and have had no trouble at all so far.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:21 PM

There is probley not much you can do, unless you have some control adjustments.
Is it a LCD, Plasma, or projection type set?
Is there any possiblility someone could have tried to adjust anything? My grand kids mess up the tv sometimes.
Usualy it will take a servce tech to replace a part. I have worked on some of the large screens before I retired. Usuall not much the usrer can do, but check your manual.
Go to your favorite sports bar and enjoy, if all else fails
Old 11-17-2006, 09:23 PM

Noone messed with anything. It is a 65" HD projection screen. I guess this is why I bought extended warranty on it though.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:38 PM

Your best bet is to have it repaired under the extendend warrenty. Don't try to do any thing yourself. Usually the set has warrenty seal on it, and if they are broken it will void the warrenty.
Not much help I know. it is a bummer when you have a big game comming up
Old 11-18-2006, 08:12 AM

My rear projection has an adjustment mode to align the colors (R,G,B) on the screen. You put the TV in a diagnostic mode using the remote and it will display a bunch of "+" signs. Using the remote you select one of the +'s and align all of the colors at that point. You then move to the next + and do the same thing.

It takes a long time to do because there are so many +'s but it is very easy. Check your manual - maybe yours has a similar adjustment. It made a HUGE difference on the picture quality on mine.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:45 PM

Probably not a problem with the TV, it's in the atmosphere! It's that OU game. Have them call of the came and your TV will begin working fine!! You ain't suppose to see it.

Oh, you can tell I don't know anything about TV's, but I am reminded of this quote:

"Don't you wish there was a **** on the TV to turn up intelligence? There's one marked 'BRIGHTNESS', but it doesn't work!"

Hey, you'll just have to go to a friends, or call the local rental shop and have them bring one out and charge it back to your warranty? Good luck with it.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:18 AM

Well I guess it didn't matter. I had to work and missed the game anyway. I listened on the radio though. I moved my bedroom tv into the living room. It is a 27" Sony and I have it on my fancy entertainment center (2 dining room chairs turned sideways) sitting in front of the big screen. Looks pretty funny. I'm supposed to call the shop on Monday and setup and appointment. Hopefully they aren't very busy with next week being a holiday weekend. Thanks for all of your ideas .
Old 11-19-2006, 09:30 AM

Whew...Im GLAD to see this thread is about Televisions and NOT Transvestites