Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Anyone heard of Lesco Leather motorcycle jackets?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone heard of Lesco Leather motorcycle jackets?

Just curious here, as I picked up one at a local motorcycle shop today that was being sold on consignment. Guess the owner past away and his wife had never allowed him to get a bike.

As for the jacket - I actually though it was new when i first pulled it off the hanger. Thick, heavy American leather, with brass snaps & zippers. Defeintly made in USA, not China. Not broken in at all, with a zip-in pile (like carpet) liner and a faux fur cover for the collar that snaps off. Myself and the owner agreed it must have been form the '80's. No signs of breaking in or wear, but it does have a light smell of smoke like it was in a smoker's house most of it's life.

Now for the kicker, The only other one like it I found through Google (none on ebay, even) was from a vintage place on the East coast, and it was produced in the late 60's! (see photo) The other one has no liner, no fur collar anymore, and is very beat up. It was also $40 more than I paid for mine. So this jacket is in prestine condition and 40 years old!

I going to have to take it out on the bike - it's never been ridden in! But I'll want to keep it in good shape. Just wondered if anyone else has or had one, or if you've ever seen one at all. It looks like this one except mine is a size 42 (but much better shape):
Attached Thumbnails Anyone heard of Lesco Leather motorcycle jackets?-lesco_used1.jpg  
Old 07-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Very nice. I've never heard of them myself either.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:48 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I had one just like it back in the late 60's early 70's. High quality and durable is how I remember it.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lesco Leather Motorcycle Jackets

Yeah I have heard of them. I bought one in 1981 at the Harley Shop in Caldwell, Idaho. I first saw them at a Harley shop in Boise, Idaho in the early 60's. My friends and brothers would ride our bikes to that shop and ride those huge Harleys on the show room floor. Nobody cared if we did. That's when I first saw the Lesco leathers on the racks. When I bought a leather jacket years later it had to be a Lesco.

Look at some pictures of the band The Ramones. I'm sure they wore Lescos too. I brought one of those Ramones jackets home first in 81 and my wife said she wouldn't go out of the house with me in that bad ***. I took it back and toned it down a bit. I'll attach a photo later.