Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

Any Netflix subscribers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 02:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Netflix subscribers?

We just got a subscription to Netflix with free online streaming. I'm sure there are many others who have used them before, just curious as to what your thoughts were. So far we are happy. I especially like the availability of so many TV show season online. I'm going to be glued lol....
Old 02-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Advocate of getting the ban button used on him...

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I subscribe............. but I also work for them!
Old 02-10-2010, 03:16 PM

I use them never watch anything on line but my movies are never late. and i have new one's everyweek.i'm very happy with them!
Old 02-10-2010, 03:54 PM
I watch wind blow...

I LOVED netflix for many years.... But after I switched to Bluray option after this last Christmas I have been WAITING and WAITING for movies to come in....

even in DVD form the new movies are all unavailable? I am not sure what gives but I have not been happy with the recent service from them, I guess everyone got a bluray for Christmas and has had everything rented out.

I put inglorious Bstards on my list along with the hangover before the release date of the movie's were set and I still have not received them. (2-3 months)

other than that I love NETFLIX. and will continue to use them, Wish they would give you the streaming option on more flicks.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:24 PM

Well I've been streaming an episode of Knight Rider (gotta go back to my childhood lol) and so far it's just like watching it on a DVD series. No commercials or ads which makes me very, very happy. So far it's pretty well worth it.

I am having them send me the disk to put in a PS3 that lets you stream movies directly to your PS3. I'm not sure why they would need you to have a disk, considering the PS3 has a browser on it and you can access the net and stream through their site on it. Also, our new laptop has HDMI and I can put anything and everything through our HDTV, including sound...whereas the last computer I had no ability to get sound to the TV, just the picture through the VGA cable.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Use to use them. Very quick delivery during the trial period.......slowed way down after the first two weeks. They didn't put up any arguement when a movie was lost in the mail though. Very good CS department.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:33 PM
DTR Detective

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I subscribe.

We use the Wife's Laptop PC for our youngest to watch movies via streaming. I have an old PC that I plan on hooking up to our LCD in the Bedroom so we can stream to it. I hate the thought of spending 100 bucks on the streaming unit when I can get it via an extra PC.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:06 PM

100 bucks on what streaming unit?
Old 02-10-2010, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by 03RAMBUNCTIOUS
I LOVED netflix for many years.... But after I switched to Bluray option after this last Christmas I have been WAITING and WAITING for movies to come in....

even in DVD form the new movies are all unavailable? I am not sure what gives but I have not been happy with the recent service from them, I guess everyone got a bluray for Christmas and has had everything rented out.

I put inglorious Bstards on my list along with the hangover before the release date of the movie's were set and I still have not received them. (2-3 months)

other than that I love NETFLIX. and will continue to use them, Wish they would give you the streaming option on more flicks.
They are getting more and more Blue Rays all the time. Like you said. There are a lot of people that have gotten the Blue Ray players so the the wait time is increased. One trick you might try is to take the movie off your queue for a day or so then put it back on. That will sometimes get it to you faster. If you put them on before they were released, you should have one of the first ones to get it.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:10 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by annabelle
Use to use them. Very quick delivery during the trial period.......slowed way down after the first two weeks. They didn't put up any arguement when a movie was lost in the mail though. Very good CS department.
I heard similar stories when I was a Netflix subscriber. It worked well for me while I was traveling since I could take the movies with me to watch on the plane and didn't have to worry about late charges. So I would usually have the DVD for a week before it went back and I'd usually have the new DVD within 2 days since the distro center was in DFW. But I noticed when I wasn't on the road and I was turning DVDs around quicker, my delivery dates would sometimes slip to 3-4 days. Not sure if they were slowing down delivery or if it was the post office that was slow.

When Blockbuster came out with a similar service, I switched over to them since I could return movies to the store and pick up new ones. Eventually dropped them as well when I wasn't traveling and watching movies regularly.

Might look back into Netflix since I can stream online through my Bluray player.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by 03qclb5spd
100 bucks on what streaming unit?
Actually $80.00

Link to streaming box
Old 02-10-2010, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by annabelle
The slow down must have been the post office. We can service 95% of the country with one day service. We have 58 hubs around the country including Hawaii and Alaska. The only time it should take more than one day is when the movie actually needs to come from a hub farther away because your servicing hub is out of that particular movie.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:31 PM

I use my PS3 for streaming and really like it, the HD works pretty well over my LAN. Just waiting for Comcast to step in and start complaining about the bandwidth usage. Actually read the other day they will be adding 5.1 sound soon!
Old 02-10-2010, 11:48 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rockcrawler304
The slow down must have been the post office. We can service 95% of the country with one day service. We have 58 hubs around the country including Hawaii and Alaska. The only time it should take more than one day is when the movie actually needs to come from a hub farther away because your servicing hub is out of that particular movie.
You may be correct. It was just interesting that while i was in the trial period I received movies a day after I sent one back. It was taking about a week when I quit the service. I have to give them credit for good CS and the ease of quitting the service though.........no maze to wander around in trying to figure out how to quit.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:06 AM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

Originally Posted by rockcrawler304
I must be in the lucky 5%!!!

We've used them for a while now. we are on the cheap plan. Pretty good deal I think. Especially when you consider to rent two movies in town is the same as an entire month fee with netflix and we can usually get about 4 movies a month if we get it back in the mail box right away. Haven't had a bad DVD yet either.

All in all, I would have to say it is a pretty good service. And a bonus is knowing we are helping a fellow DTR member!!!

Quick Reply: Any Netflix subscribers?