Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   Ain't it funny... (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/aint-funny-213680/)

madhat 08-09-2008 11:03 PM

Ain't it funny...

...how everyone sells high performance parts, but they have never been run hard? [laugh]

"Had quad turbos, 500hp injectors, ats stage 19 tranny, smarty beta beta beta 3000... no hard miles. 500 bucks, obo...

[laugh][laugh]

12valve@heart 08-09-2008 11:12 PM

We know that your have been run hard, otherwise the tranny wouldn't be broke.

chipmonk 08-09-2008 11:37 PM

saw a truck in Diesel Power with twins, big injectors, programmer, fuel box, fass, dual cp3's, NOS, etc., and the owner said the truck is always trailered to car shows and only gets driven in low speed parades. tens of thousands in go fast parts, just so people can look under the hood and go WOW, that sure would be fast (if you ever drove it).

Red3quarter 08-09-2008 11:45 PM

Trucks like that make me sick. If I'm gonna spend thousands on some go-faster parts, by god that truck is gonna get its butt beat good after they are put on. My truck isn't turned up except for the xzt, it gets a flogging once in while, but it also gets driven normal when going to and from work. I get diesel power magazine and I don't even read the articles with the "Show Trucks". I like the articles with everyday trucks in them. I gotta stop ranting now otherwise I'll get mad.

cincydiesel 08-10-2008 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Blue3quarter (Post 2172613)
Trucks like that make me sick. If I'm gonna spend thousands on some go-faster parts, by god that truck is gonna get its butt beat good after they are put on. My truck isn't turned up except for the xzt, it gets a flogging once in while, but it also gets driven normal when going to and from work.

Amen brother!!! Lets this post be a warning for all DTR members. If you see a item in the classifieds from me its been put to work.[roll]

ramlovingvet 08-10-2008 01:01 PM

HEY that was granny's going to Church on Sundays and Wed rig...easy miles.

megacabdad 08-10-2008 01:13 PM

Truck for sale... Excellent condition. Needs tranny and motor work. Never been abused. MUST SEE!

pos dodge 08-10-2008 07:54 PM

Haha

Originally Posted by megacabdad (Post 2172973)
Truck for sale... Excellent condition. Needs tranny and motor work. Never been abused. MUST SEE!

Hey you forgot to mention "fresh inspection". Thats my favorite. I wont even look at it unless its been recently inspected.

Zeus1987 08-10-2008 08:06 PM

this brings back memories of that "triple stacked" ford 6.ohno on ebay i just couldn't stop laughing

Fronty Owner 08-10-2008 09:42 PM

Lets see, my go fast parts include K&N filter, air resonator removal, knock sensor resistor mod, synthetic fluids.

The only time my truck has seen a trailer is from the business end.
Its driven like a sexually assaulted primate.

Trooperthorn 08-11-2008 12:04 AM

I only drove mine one-hundred-ninety-something feet today. Oh, and I was pulling a 20,000# sled. And I drove it to and from the event, but it was Sunday, so I was gentle with it. Just a pleasant Sunday drive with the top down...er...off.:cool:

cincydiesel 08-11-2008 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner (Post 2173428)
Lets see, The only time my truck has seen a trailer is from the business end.
Its driven like a sexually assaulted primate.

That's funny!!! How do I add this to my signature

Fronty Owner 08-11-2008 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by cincydiesel (Post 2173746)

One of these days my truck will grow up.
but hey, I have only backed down from one load. I would have been about close to a ton over my trailering load limit and didn't want to chance it driving in town.

madhat 08-11-2008 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by cincydiesel (Post 2173746)

I will if you want me to, and show you how... PM me and I'll do it...

On second thought... I might not have a computer tomorrow and for the next week...

Go to his thread and hit quote... when the BB code comes up in the quote thread, copy it, then go you your sig in the user cp and paste it.

Good?