Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

8/24 thru 8/31 pre labor day break room

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 08:12 PM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hotter than two rats having sex in a wool sock here. Glad I'm headed to CT and VT next week.
Too hot to even ride the scooter.

Shortround out
Old 08-28-2014, 08:24 PM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That pict of Hats head sure reminds me of someone`s elses noggin
Seams like his looked like that a couple years ago

Claude
Old 08-28-2014, 08:51 PM

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Wednesday Thursday Friday Hat!!! What were you trying to prove there, primitive man's ignorance of gravity. Good to hear you're alright after that one.
Flanked my head twice last winter on trailer undercarriage. Both times enough to split the skin through both hat and hair. Funny how scalp wounds bleed huh? All that oxygenated blood coursing through an area of my body that sees little to no use, other than as a hat rack. Or maybe an ear separator.

Just scars to remind us that... where was I again?

Sunny cool morning, rain in the afternoon. Did a retorque on the newly installed steers on a peterbilt. You could tell the tire dudes torqued them in a cross pattern. The two they missed on the drivers side were 180 degrees apart. All the rest were tight. Moral of the story. Torque wheel studs in a proper cross pattern, then go in a circle. Makes sure you don't miss any. I have other steps that I take, but that is simply my OCD temporarily displacing my ADD.

Have a great day
Old 08-29-2014, 05:50 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hate holidays. I hate holiday weekends even more! Nothing's open and even tho the places aren't open on a weekend to begin with, now I have to wait ANOTHER day before they get back to business. What a PITA!

It is Friday, August 29th.

1828 - A patent was issued to Robert Turner for the self-regulating wagon brake.

1944 - During the continuing celebration of the liberation of France from the *****, 15,000 American troops marched down the Champs Elysees in Paris.

1945 - U.S. General Douglas MacArthur left for Japan to officially accept the surrender of the Japanese.

1949 - At the University of Illinois, a nuclear device was used for the first time to treat cancer patients.

1962 - The lower level of the George Washington Bridge opened.

1965 - Gemini 5, carrying astronauts Gordon Cooper and Charles ("Pete") Conrad, splashed down in the Atlantic Ocean after eight days in space.

1983 - Two U.S. marines were killed in Lebanon by the militia group Amal when they fired mortar shells at the Beirut airport.

1983 - The anchor of the USS Monitor, from the U.S. Civil War, was retrieved by divers.

1990 - Iraqi President Saddam Hussein, in a television interview, declared that America could not defeat Iraq.

1991 - The Communist Party in the Soviet Union had its bank accounts frozen and activities were suspended because of the Party's role in the failed coup attempt against Mikhail Gorbachev.

2004 - India test-launched a nuclear-capable missle able to carry a one-ton warhead. The weapon had a range of 1,560 miles.

Today's thought:
The things you do for yourself are gone when you are gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy.

Coffee's on. It's my 'special' blend for when I'm in a foul mood!
Old 08-29-2014, 07:07 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Glug Glug Glug
BELCH

Old 08-29-2014, 08:25 AM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Originally Posted by chaikwa

Coffee's on. It's my 'special' blend for when I'm in a foul mood!
Never had duck flavored coffee..

Morning you old coots....
Old 08-29-2014, 09:28 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Coffee smells foul tastes foul making a new pot placing a little burbon in the mix.

Finley got the last stitch out of my hand it hurt like hell and the doc used his Swiss Army knife sissors to get the loop.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:35 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by cincydiesel

Morning you old coots....
Hey.......who you calling "You"

G'Day!
Old 08-29-2014, 09:49 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Man that picture looks familiar. You know your not supposed to take off your helmet right?
I tried to put it on last night, but it wouldn't fit over the swelling...

Originally Posted by pind
Wednesday Thursday Friday Hat!!! What were you trying to prove there, primitive man's ignorance of gravity. Good to hear you're alright after that one.
Flanked my head twice last winter on trailer undercarriage. Both times enough to split the skin through both hat and hair. Funny how scalp wounds bleed huh? All that oxygenated blood coursing through an area of my body that sees little to no use, other than as a hat rack. Or maybe an ear separator.

Just scars to remind us that... where was I again?
Sounds about right. Dang week I take vacation, too. Stupid gravity.
1983 - Two U.S. marines were killed in Lebanon by the militia group Amal when they fired mortar shells at the Beirut airport.
Just a precursor for what happens next month.

Mornin... Put some new rubber on the truck this morning... 1100 bucks, the OL said no more burnouts... :O
Old 08-29-2014, 10:17 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sitting inChi-town, slurping some realy good coffee down
Old 08-29-2014, 11:49 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Friday all y'all. When Scotty and I are whining about the weather I often think that many of you are quietly saying 'What are those Canucks complaining about, they don't get real wind like hurricanes or F4 tornadoes'. Here is a couple of sentence from the news about a train derailment that happened yesterday in Saskatchewan (Scott's home province):

'Strong plow winds were behind a freight train derailment in southwestern Saskatchewan that saw 33 cars go off the track, Canadian Pacific Railway has said. The derailment happened shortly after 7:30pm on Thursday near the community of Waldeck, located about 230km west of Regina'

Nice job Mother Nature.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:14 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
they don't get real wind like hurricanes or F4 tornadoes'.
Two years ago we had to wait for a few hours while they got a big rig out of the road in that same area.
Winds got so bad that the driver had wisely stopped but it still got blown over.

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Just wanna point out that thistles grow in clumps not on trees
Took me a lot of research but I finally figured out what you were talking about.
You were talking about NOTHING THAT MAKES SENSE .

Originally Posted by Totallyrad
My question is why do you want to?
Its supposed to make them smarter.

Originally Posted by shortround
Shortround out
Gee, what's that. Two posts in a year? You sick or something?

I 1828 - A patent was issued to Robert Turner for the self-regulating wagon brake.
Lary immediately got one for his Radio Flyer.

Never had duck flavored coffee..
Old 08-29-2014, 08:34 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark
]

Lary immediately got one for his Radio Flyer.
You bet! Mom couldn't afford new shoes so we had to play barefoot.....sticking my leggs out and using my feet to stop that thing from zooming down the mountain got painful!
Old 08-29-2014, 08:54 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Posting this early so you bacon lovers can get a head start tomorrow:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/...tcmp=obnetwork
Old 08-29-2014, 11:58 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Mmmmm, Bacon.
Dang, pretty darn slow around here today.
Already one big labor day weekend accident here.
Those of you driving be safe.

Quick Reply: 8/24 thru 8/31 pre labor day break room