Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   Other (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/)
-   -   2008 Street Glided (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/other-94/2008-street-glided-211152/)

Southern Pride 07-15-2008 09:28 AM

2008 Street Glided

well i bit the bullet, and traded in my '88 softail in on a 2008 street glide. awesome awesome. i must have eaten like 30 bugs from the open smile on my face on the way home ridin it. what a big step up, and im comletely satisfied. just gotta change out some pegs, add some hiway pegs, and get some better pipes.

04ctd 07-15-2008 09:56 AM

woooo HOOOO!!!!

lets see pics!!

didja get the ABS? i LOVE that...i have already chirped the rear tire several times (the video explains it)

we rode the 08 Ultra to work today, WOW!!!

shortround 07-15-2008 10:19 AM

I ride the scooter in just about every day. Had it a month and got over 1500 miles on it already. 55 mpg @ 70 mph, 50 mpg mixed.

Shortround out

diesel_burner 07-15-2008 10:39 AM

I just got an 08 Street glide also, love it. The best thing I have ever bought.

zookeeper 07-15-2008 11:02 AM

Congrats Southern Pride, you should post some pictures. I too am curious about if you got the ABS and if so, what do you think?

I just got the 08 ultra (1200 miles now - 2 weeks old) and didn't get the ABS. I hear they had to be installed at the factory and really wonder if I shoulda opted for the ABS. I never had issues with braking before so I don't know what I'm missing.

Southern Pride 07-15-2008 11:15 AM

my camera is destroyed right now, so itll be a while till i get some pics. wow!! thats what kinda mileage your gettin!! dang thats pretty good. my fxstc would get 30-33 on the highway at 70-80, and about 20-25 mixed, so this is good news to hear

PowerDiesel44 07-15-2008 11:48 AM

Good for you, you will love it more everyday.
My Ultra is down right now. Neighbor was nice enough to not park his van correctly and it rolled back and wiped it out. So far about $2000 damage but going to the shop on the 22 to get checked out. It sucks cause i only had one ride on it since doing the 103 in it.

diesel_burner 07-15-2008 12:01 PM

I got the ABS on mine. Haven't had it kick in yet but I figure it will be good when it is raining. Just like the ABS in your truck hold the brakes and still have control.

diesel_burner 07-15-2008 12:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 23062

Here is my HOG. Nothing like riding down a 2 lane to clear your head.

Southern Pride 07-15-2008 12:40 PM

nice diesel burner. i actually dont know if it has the abs. i didnt think to ask, and i cant remember if the sailsman said anything about it. i never had any problems with the softail, granted i know that ive got more bike to stop. cant to get off work and throw some more miles on her. i rode her home from the dealer yesterday in the rain, and it wasnt bad at all. the weather doesnt really bother me. ill ride whenever. did any of yall head to rolling thunder this year?

diesel_burner 07-15-2008 12:45 PM

Don't have any rallies planned. I'm stuck in Vegas all summer work without my bike. But I'll be back on it at the end of August just in time for Labor day camping that weekend. I'll be in Northwest New Mexico if anybody else is going to be up there. I think we'll be riding up into Colorado also.

Southern Pride 07-17-2008 01:59 PM

what kinda pipes do you guys have on yalls scoots? true duals, 2 into 1, just slip ons, stock. my neighbor put true dual rhineharts on his road king when we got back from ramadi back in nov 06, and they made a pretty noticeable difference. i dont mind the noise at all, so the louder the better, but just curious as to what yalls input is. also, what about aftermarket aircleaner's, which one(s) would yall recommend? thanks

04ctd 07-17-2008 09:23 PM

The 08 touring has a 50mm Throttle body, and you will need a specific kit to fit your bike.

You will need a:
HARLEY-DAVIDSON SCREAMING EAGLE KIT- P/N 29260-08

do you know about "20% off dealers"?
just GOOGLE that. or PM me for my favorite - Jenni

here's where i hang out:
http://www.hdforums.com/forumid_292/tt.htm

or here:
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/v-twin-classifieds/

I have a Rinehart 2 into 1 ready for my bike.

i bought it from this guy, Luis, he's getting out of bikes for some reason:
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/v-...ter-parts.html

there's one on the HD forums cheap.

i try to buy USED pipes, that way if i ain't happy, i don't have $600 sunk in them

anyone who has ridden a 2 into 1 pipe, usually won't ever go back to true duals.

the V-twin needs the scavenging of the 2-1 to make low end torque.

i took a Vance Hines Pro Pipe off my 06, and put stock pipes back on it, it was AWFUL with the stock head pipes & stock mufflers.

be careful how you tune the bike, many tuning boxes make the ECM ignore the 02 sensors.

ride safe

add info:

1800-0432

RINEHART EXHAUST BY BUB Our Part #: 1800-0432

New Rinehart Exhaust 2 into1 for for 2007 Harley Davidson® Road King®, Ultra Glide®, Road Glide®, Electra Glide®
The Rinehart 2-into-1 system have big power, dyno proven and a sound all on its own.
The High-flow headers with a machined inlet increase exhaust velocity and improve anti-reversion qualities.
Full coverage heat shields, with an additional collector shield mean non-blueing with a chrome finish for years.
The Megaphone muffler includes a high power baffle for a full, deep tone and are finished off with black anodized billet aluminum Rinehart signature end caps. 02 Sensor ports for 2007 Harley Touring Models are also built into this system.

phox_mulder 07-19-2008 09:00 PM

I put Vance and Hines slip-ons on my '08 Road King.
Too loud is obnoxious, IMHO, the ones I got are just right.

I just had it in for it's 1,000 mile checkup and got a rental.
'08 Softail with stock pipes.
I swear I thought I was riding a Vespa, it made no noise whatsoever except the horrible racket from the fuel pump (I can only guess, as it was coming from under the gas tank).
And the handlbars were too small, I have 12inch apes on mine.

Was too glad to get mine back after riding that vespa for 2 days.

phox

wurkenman 07-19-2008 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by 04ctd (Post 2150261)

or here:
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/v-twin-classifieds/

anyone who has ridden a 2 into 1 pipe, usually won't ever go back to true duals.

the V-twin needs the scavenging of the 2-1 to make low end torque.

[/I]

The v-twin is a good site for some info. I am also a member there.

As for the kind of pipe to get its all a matter of personal taste and riding style. My bike is built for wide open throttle, so I go for the Vance and Hines true duals with Thunderheader slipons. The info is correct as to the two into one for low end and mid range torque. If you plan on riding two up and traveling with some camping gear the 2-1 will be a great choice. Personally I just can't stand the look. I just got back from a 400 mile trip pulling my tent trailer and at 80 on the freewy I still got around 40MPG. My bike will also pull high 10's in the quarter.